Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Road rage..

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2005, 04:50 PM
Nick_M8XED
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road rage..

Had the unfortunate experience of being a victim of some appalling road rage last night. Driving along a dual carriageway when an idiot decides to tailgate in a Merc C240. Get to a roundbout so I gave plenty of braking distance to warn him. Warn him it did not as he nearly ran into the back of me. Enter next stage of dual carriageway doing approx 60-70mph he overtakes then shoots across straight into the side of me Luckily I manged to react quickly, slamming on the brakes as he collided with my driver's wing and front bumper. How on earth some moron like this can be allowed to drive is beyond me, just glad my Girlfriend is ok although she is very shaken and upset.

He drove off, managed to catch up thankfully and get his registration while my gf was on the phone to the Police.

So 'mate' if your reading this I have been to the Police, they are after you and your probably be stripped of your license or worse. Next time don't be a prat you could easily taken two innocent young lives Will post pics of the damage later.

Last word - there are clearly idiots out there so just be careful

Last edited by Nick_M8XED; 05 October 2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04 September 2005, 04:52 PM
Bash0rz
Scooby Regular

mid life crisis
middle aged **** i guess

you get em, just stay out of way, not worth even looking at them
Old 04 September 2005, 05:11 PM
pete1977
Scooby Regular

Didnt even have the ***** to stop and confront you,what a big man!Your way too calm ,i would have followed waited until he stopped and seen how big he was when he wasnt behind the wheel of his car.
Old 04 September 2005, 05:29 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I'm sure the Police will stamp on him!!

His version, "Youngsters, clearly inexperienced, swerved into me as I overtook the car they were travelling in, Officer" .... "I was about to stop but I feared for my safety, decided to let it drop and allow them to get away with it"

His word against yours .........................

Glad you are OK, BTW!!

Pete
Old 04 September 2005, 05:32 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats all very well Pete, but he's clearly not gone to the police, so they can have him for failing to stop and failing to report as a bare minimum.........
Old 04 September 2005, 05:35 PM
King RA
BANNED

Originally Posted by pete1977
Didnt even have the ***** to stop and confront you,what a big man!Your way too calm ,i would have followed waited until he stopped and seen how big he was when he wasnt behind the wheel of his car.
It's quite possible he was big. Lets face it all subaru owners are either skinny it bods or fat b4stards, hardly much of a fight for most people. I do fall into 1 of these catagories myself so you can't have a go at me
Old 04 September 2005, 05:35 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

And ny looking at the manner in which the car has been damaged, the police will see who's at fault.

Hopefully and "open & shut" case

Key thing being that you're both safe (and calm I can't say I would be hte same!!!)

BEst of luck nailing the idiot - keep us posted.

Dan
Old 04 September 2005, 05:37 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

He was probably on drugs or something mate.

Wouldn't hold out much hope about the police doing anything. Your word against his and they are busy changing film.

I witnessed a drunk have a massive row outside a pub with his mate who was trying to stop him driving. I phoned the police and told them I thought a drunk was going to try driving. He caused a scene for about ten minutes, attacked another bloke who tried stepping in and then got in his jeep. Police didn't turn up in time and he wheel span out the pub car park, smashing straight into a parked car and then raced off down the high street. This was 4 o'clock in the afternoon in a busy town centre and he could of easily killed somebody. In the end police did nothing as they didn't catch up with him that day and couldn't find the vehicle. If people can get away with stuff like this in broad day light in a busy town centre then there is not much chance this bloke is going to have to face the consequences of his actions.
Old 04 September 2005, 05:53 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

One other thing. Glad you didn't try and confront him in person mate. He could have had a knife or gun. Damage to a car is one thing. Getting stabbed to death at the road side is quite another. There are a lot of nutters about.
Old 04 September 2005, 06:07 PM
Nick_M8XED
Scooby Regular

Can't say I was calm, I'm still royally pissed off at the moment. However If I had confronted him it would probably be me inside and not him - not worth it and as said he could be armed. The police are treating it very seriously and I'm sure he'll get what he deserves.
Old 04 September 2005, 06:11 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ben WRX Bug-Eye
One other thing. Glad you didn't try and confront him in person mate. He could have had a knife or gun. Damage to a car is one thing. Getting stabbed to death at the road side is quite another. There are a lot of nutters about.
Very good advice, there are too many people packing these day's.

Avoid eye contact and if you feel scared, drive to the nearest police
station.

Rob
Old 05 September 2005, 08:28 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I have always found that it is the younger blokes who are more likely to get wound up like that. The middle aged ones can't be bothered to let it affect them.

Les
Old 05 September 2005, 09:49 AM
philc
Scooby Regular

please find attached - bloody good reason for staying well clear of anybody displaying signs of road rage (happened in Auckland a couple of weeks ago) ..... be warned, the video clip is pretty gruesome (but obviously not too gruesome for prime time television)

http://www.tvnz.co.nz/view/page/554440/606563
Old 05 September 2005, 10:07 AM
slimtim
Scooby Regular

Police probably wont do anything. I had a very similar incident. The car was registered to the blokes wife though, and she had recently moved house, so the records hadn't been updated with the dvla.

That was the end of it as far as the police were concerned, and they would 'talk' to him if he was caught during another offense. Makes me feel sick thinking about it.
Old 05 September 2005, 10:14 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Glad you didn't catch up and stop him. If you had got out of your vehicle, you could have been on the end of a road rage arrest and not him.
Yve
PS Hope your GF is now feeling better.
Old 05 September 2005, 10:57 AM
Zuby
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear about that....

was the vehicle reported stolen or anything??? glad ur ok. he needs a visit from a few of the lads i think....
Old 05 September 2005, 11:42 AM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

Glad your both ok
Old 05 September 2005, 11:47 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

If the police dont take any action ( and keep on at them to try and force them not to take the easy option and drop it ) - threaten to take out a civil action against him for the damage to the car - the police will have to give your solicitor the blokes address details, which they'll have from the DVLA - might find the coppers suddenly decide to take it a bit more seriously.
Old 05 September 2005, 11:58 AM
Nick_M8XED
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the comments, both got very sore backs/necks now Cheers Mike, I won't give up. Don't care about the car but I'm not having someone risk mine and my GF's life. Will threaten with action without a doubt.