PETROL PROTEST!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2005, 06:40 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PETROL PROTEST!!!!!!!

Ah well. Everyone else is at it

Last edited by JTaylor; 05 September 2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05 September 2005, 06:47 PM
jowl
Scooby Regular

I'm with You, I'm not filling up for another week at least, possibly 2
Old 05 September 2005, 06:54 PM
B.I.G SCOOB
Scooby Regular

it does suck tho,am i right?
Old 05 September 2005, 07:00 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by B.I.G SCOOB
it does suck tho,am i right?
Yes. ******* right it does. But what are YOU going to do about it?

What's anyone going to do about it?

As soon as I see a post that say's...

"I'm organising a fuel protest - who wants to support me" then I'd be one of the first to sign up. All we're doing is moaning about it and it's boring. Actions speak louder then words.

J
Old 05 September 2005, 07:02 PM
B.I.G SCOOB
Scooby Regular

true any ideas?
Old 05 September 2005, 07:04 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by B.I.G SCOOB
true any ideas?
Loads. But I'm far too busy to get involved. Do a search mate and you'll see there's been plenty of talk, talk, talk.

Where's the action?
Old 05 September 2005, 07:21 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=454787

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=454611

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=454184

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=454560

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=452388

The last few days.
Old 05 September 2005, 08:00 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Yes. ******* right it does. But what are YOU going to do about it?

What's anyone going to do about it?

As soon as I see a post that say's...

"I'm organising a fuel protest - who wants to support me" then I'd be one of the first to sign up. All we're doing is moaning about it and it's boring. Actions speak louder then words.

J
Hey up James. Why wait for the post? Start it mate. I for one will form a disorderly queue behind you. Retoric gets us no where. our reserves of fuel are heading west to the u.s. so expect prices to keep rising. One thing that will scare the government is mass protest, imagine hundreds of Scoobies revving outside the houses of parliament. They couldnt ignore that!

Regards Maz.
Old 05 September 2005, 08:08 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Something should be done, If it was the USA they would be on the streets protesting.

And yes im a keyboard hero, I wouldnt even no how to start a protest, but if someone would like to go down to 10 downing street Saturday morning and give Tony Blair some verbal abuse, im up for it.
Old 05 September 2005, 09:30 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
One thing that will scare the government is mass protest, imagine hundreds of Scoobies revving outside the houses of parliament. They couldnt ignore that!

Regards Maz.

I'd need to count on real support. I'd need others to help. And I'd need my ******* head read.
Old 05 September 2005, 10:01 PM
B.I.G SCOOB
Scooby Regular

ok jt seeing as ure in the know about this,why not give us some ideas on how to start a protest?it would be good to get all the guys on here no-matter what they drive and all there friends and do a mahoosive cruise,get in the mags who could ignore it,next time the truckers do blockades why not get a convoy and roll with em?
Old 05 September 2005, 10:04 PM
remfanuk
Scooby Regular

where abouts are you in lincs? me too! i agree with your sentiments that something needs to be done..something along the lines of a sustained fuel depot blockade again is the only thing that i think would work...again.
Old 05 September 2005, 10:09 PM
B.I.G SCOOB
Scooby Regular

Unhappy theres gotta be a way!!

im from the east coast near mabo remfan.as for the fuel,im not just writing on behalf of me,im writing for all peeps,its hard enuff living on crap wages,dont need this hike too!
Old 05 September 2005, 10:17 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It'll be like last time if there is a protest , a bunch a ignorant thick greedy fat lazy unprofessional ***** that just interfere with honest hardworking people trying to make a living and causing untold headaches for INNOCENT members of the public and business owners just so they can make their stupid ignorant views felt ,god help us, feckwits !!!
The gov. don't TAKE money off us, it runs the country for us, if we don't pay the tax on fuel we'll pay it on something else.
Ahhh spleen vented ,wake up people and stop bitching ALL the time ,..........
Old 05 September 2005, 10:20 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Go and riot outside No. 10, please do, but don't make the road network EVEN WORSE muppets !!
Old 05 September 2005, 10:21 PM
B.I.G SCOOB
Scooby Regular

damn matty u must be loaded!as for the money running our country do you really think its doing a good job?all im saying is its getting a bit silly and some places dont move with the times aswell,f**ksakes!i give up!no dis-respect matt!peace
Old 05 September 2005, 10:23 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Lets invade Iraq and steal their oil !!*

*oops, the septics have already done that
Old 05 September 2005, 10:29 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

I never said i thought they were doing a good job.
I will support your right to protest but NOT if it will inconvenience thousands of others on the roads, i'm sure you understand how difficult and complex business can be, without this ****
If you don't like the price of petrol blame KATRINA for wiping out so many oil refineries ,but don't make me pay twice 1) At the pump. 2)Road blockades
Peace
Old 05 September 2005, 10:51 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

What and that's all you can come up with ,i pity you....
Old 05 September 2005, 10:54 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Cant you put all your brains together and come up with a way that wont make others pay for your ignorance or do you only care about YOURSELF ?
Old 05 September 2005, 11:01 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

It's very difficult.

As a commited petrol head spending about a ton a week on fuel I'm desperate for prices to stop rising. I do start to waver however, when presented with rational arguements around tax, Katrina and so on.

Let me put this to you, not as a test, but because I'm unsure.

So, imagine we're all up and around Whitehall making our point and a reporter asks "Who pay's for the reduction?"

Do we say "the Goverment, the tax should be reduced" potentially prompting a response of "where is that lost revenue going to come from" or "the Oil companies" given that despite oil having gone up 5p a barrel, pump prices have only increased by 3p, meaning their margins have already decreased (bless 'em).

Seriously - what line would we be taking?
Old 05 September 2005, 11:03 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matty01
What and that's all you can come up with ,i pity you....
The government works for us, not the other way around you muppet. It's people like you who have allowed things to get in this state where the government thinks they can do whatever they want whether people think its reasonable or not.

You carry on being selfish, because you don't mind paying over the odds at the pumps. I couldn’t care less if you have to suffer a bit of disruption to your ever so important day in the name of getting something done about the ridiculous price of fuel in this country. Oh and I am not an unprofessional lay about, so don't generalize like this is some sort of class issue.

You need somewhere people can meet easily and set off in unison. Anybody who comes up with better idea or at least any idea has my support fully.
Old 05 September 2005, 11:04 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

It'll be like last time if there is a protest , a bunch a ignorant thick greedy fat lazy unprofessional ***** that just interfere with honest hardworking people trying to make a living and causing untold headaches for INNOCENT members of the public and business owners just so they can make their stupid ignorant views felt ,god help us, feckwits !!!
The gov. don't TAKE money off us, it runs the country for us, if we don't pay the tax on fuel we'll pay it on something else.
£5,000,000,000 spent on the Iraq war.

What have you gained out of it?
Old 05 September 2005, 11:05 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

It's very difficult.

As a commited petrol head spending about a ton a week on fuel I'm desperate for prices to stop rising. I do start to waver however, when presented with rational arguements around tax, Katrina and so on.

Let me put this to you, not as a test, but because I'm unsure.

So, imagine we're all up and around Whitehall making our point and a reporter asks "Who pay's for the reduction?"

Do we say "the Goverment, the tax should be reduced" potentially prompting a response of "where is that lost revenue going to come from" or "the Oil companies" given that despite oil having gone up 5p a barrel, pump prices have only increased by 3p, meaning their margins have already decreased (bless 'em).

Seriously - what line would we be taking?
Don't worry about all that - check out the other threads if your interested. Bottom line is the price is too high because the tax is too high. It is time to protest not time to have an intellectual debate about the causes and effects. Nice one for kicking this off mate.
Old 05 September 2005, 11:07 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Cant you put all your brains together and come up with a way that wont make others pay for your ignorance or do you only care about YOURSELF ?
Stop being offensive Matty, it undermines your point. Equally people like me and WRX above aren't partial to being reffered to as fcukwits and ignorant. I'm not bothered about the fat remark.
Old 05 September 2005, 11:10 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Don't worry about all that - check out the other threads if your interested. Bottom line is the price is too high because the tax is too high. It is time to protest not time to have an intellectual debate about the causes and effects. Nice one for kicking this off mate.
Intellectual debate is key to making your point. Imagine a gang of Scoobie drivers saying "er, it's too expensive, innit?". Nobody would take us seriously, and if I were a commentator I'd cut us down in one paragraph.
Old 05 September 2005, 11:16 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Yeah whatever , you wouldn't be so cocksure and smug if these protests made your working life hell would you ,altough you prolly don't understand what REAL responsabily means ,so long as the juice for your precious scooby doesnt go up you prolly don't give a flying 'cept for your own lot though, take a few years out and study thinking then analze ...... i'm off to another ,less judgemental dumb forum....blah blah dsvnfji Peace
I may seem like a *unt i know, but really i'm quite rational and perceptive. ahhhh
Dont take it personally
As for what we saw from Iraq PMSL i can see it now, Sadlad H. invades again the oil price goes to the fuggin moon and you'll moan that we should have invaded years ago,think about it.
Old 05 September 2005, 11:18 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Intellectual debate is key to making your point. Imagine a gang of Scoobie drivers saying "er, it's too expensive, innit?". Nobody would take us seriously, and if I were a commentator I'd cut us down in one paragraph.
Agree totally. Any media coverage would need to be maximised by making sensible arguments against the current level of taxation.

I am signing off for the night mate, but I think a good first step would be to link all the other recent petrol price related threads to some main thread contain all the protest organising / discussion some time soon.

Don't worry about the odd few people who object to the idea - I guarantee you 90% of people are behind a protest. Nice one again and catch up on this shortly.
Old 05 September 2005, 11:27 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Why don't you try to imobilise the underground that'll effect just as many innocent people , idiot!
Old 05 September 2005, 11:30 PM
easyrider
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But surely,if the fuel companys wanted to make an extra penny on a litre,they would have to put it up by 4p to cover the tax------in my mind,the gov. are TAKING money off us.

Please put me straight if im wrong though.

Id back a protest.

Quick Reply: PETROL PROTEST!!!!!!!