New 419 scams.

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2005, 12:35 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Default New 419 scams.

Been recieving these of recent in my e-mail:

The first few were quite convincing...the the old too good to be true alarms ring up. Certainly these scammers have learnt a few things since the orginal "Hello I'm Dr Mombaso, King of Sudan...I want to buy your £200 Rover for £1000" etc

Financial Manager

Velocity Global Resources is a one stop project management agent. It is a virtually managed B2B designed to cater advanced programming services ranging from web application, C++ modules, web designing to data conversion from text to SGML, XML.
Our focus is different from the ordinary development companies. We offer exclusively one on one service to corporations, making sure that a whole team is working behind the IT needs of that particular company through their own web based profile, which is secured and will update account information, project status information, bug reports, etc.

We have many ways to save our clients' money. We hire the cheapest programmers and designers all over the world. Our stuff works mostly from home and we don't pay high office rent. That is why our price is the best on the market.

One of these ways to save money is hiring a Financial Manager.
In case of getting order from another country we have to pay 15% fee for international bank transfer according to the US law. To reduce the tranfer cost we are looking for Financial Managers all over the world. When we get an order from another country, the Financial Manager in this country gets the payment and sends it to us through Western Union. Commission rate of Financial Managers is 3%. This way we reduce expences for international bank transfer twice.

In order to qualify for the position, you must be aged 21 and above. The prospective candidate should be good with numbers, committed and a good communicator. No special education is required; however, any experience in accounting / finance / client relations / database management is an advantage. You will be working under the direct supervision of the respective Regional Collections Executive. You receive your commission as soon as the transfer is carried out. There are no probation periods, no rolling reserves and no hidden fees or deductions.

Now required financial manager in:
The United Kingdom
Australia
New Zealand
And

and

Hello! I am Simon Nicolas, a general manager of international company IFSD Inc. ( http://www.ifsd.net ) and I have a favorable offer for you.

Now it is a little about our company. We are engaged the organization of plans of reception of payments for private persons and the companies. Our services
are demanded by those who has requirement to accept remittances from clients in other countries.

Our company conducts wide international activity; we work with the organizations and private persons from the various countries worldwide. Our activity
constantly extends, we enter new services, we expand staff of employees we open representations of the company in the territory of the various countries.

In connection with constant expansion of our international activity we feel necessity of new employees in the territories of the various countries. Now we
have announced a set of employees on a post "the Regional Financial Manager".

Working on this post, our colleagues produce work with the bank transfers and the checks. Our clients are private persons and the companies of the
different countries and for simplification of remittances we use our Regional Financial managers.

The functions of the Regional Financial Manager:
-reception of bank payments on a bank account
-transfer of money resources to our representatives in other countries

The scheme of work is those: the Regional Financial Manager receives money resources and informs us on this. We in turn at once enroll the necessary sum on
the account of our client. It allows you to save a lot of time - now the client does not need to wait for reception of money from abroad. As such scheme
allows you to save money. From the sum of each transaction lead through you our company pays 5 %.

The basic requirements:
-age of 21-60 years
-access to the Internet, e-mail
-opportunity to work not less than 3 hours per day

It is your really favorably chance to earn!
Start to work right now! For the beginning with us you need to fill works only labour agreement

---
Best regards,
Simon Nicolas.

http://www.ifsd.net
Getting a bit more concise...but the same thing:

US based financial company is in search of the agents in the UK.
If you are older then 23.
Honest and responsoble.
Also you need to have basic financial skills and accounting skills.
Salary is 2600-3000 pounds per month.
It is really possible to use as a part-time job.
Send us resume to email : uk@market-bondz.net
Thank you for the assistance,
and

Good day!

We are world-known microelectronics producer.
And today we need you for mutually beneficial cooperation.

You can earn cash and become an employee of our company.

If you are interested, ask for details by e-mail, we will answer you during the day!

e-mail adress: uk@mikro-tech.com
I'm sure they'll sucker a good number of people in with all the above
Old 16 September 2005, 12:45 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hade one of the above recently ,

now i could be wrong, but one of them is or looked like a kosher company when you followed the link... or then again, the website gave that impression... (i cant recall if it came from a job resourse site)

anyway as soon as it mentions bank accs i get jittery, although i did think on a reverse scammy thing myself..

mart
Old 16 September 2005, 12:48 PM
ChrisB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty much anything that involves money transfer, especially Western Union is dodgy!
Old 16 September 2005, 12:57 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Actually, just re-checked the last one (mikro tech)...I think it might be a genunine company - oops

But a check on who I recieved it from reveals: ptighenfxf@eth109.eld.ford.com Which seems highly suspect to say the least.

Futher checking reveals the webiste domain is registered in Kenya, yet the e-mail accounts come via a UK provider (fmail.co.uk). So IMO it is a fake site....but very very well done.

Final check is google...type the company name or domain of the website followed by "scam" and you see a nice load of hits confirming the suspicions

Last edited by ALi-B; 16 September 2005 at 01:08 PM. Reason: confirming it is a scam