Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

ipod info needed IF ANY OWNERS ONLINE

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2005, 08:26 PM
scooby.reed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ipod info needed IF ANY OWNERS ONLINE

Ive been offered a 20gb ipod which is 7 weeks old, its got 3 thousand songs on but a colleague said that if I buy it once I register the set-up disc on my own pc then try to add my own music to the current 3000 tunes the programme will ask if I want to overwrite the 3000 tracks if I choose "no" (because I want to add to them) it wont go beyond that so

is it true that I will have to delete them all so I can add my own or is ther a way round this?

Thanks in advance for any info
Old 20 September 2005, 08:33 PM
GOLDMAN 555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby.reed
Ive been offered a 20gb ipod which is 7 weeks old, its got 3 thousand songs on but a colleague said that if I buy it once I register the set-up disc on my own pc then try to add my own music to the current 3000 tunes the programme will ask if I want to overwrite the 3000 tracks if I choose "no" (because I want to add to them) it wont go beyond that so

is it true that I will have to delete them all so I can add my own or is ther a way round this?

Thanks in advance for any info
your posting this in the wrong forum....**** MODE OFF

personally I would put too much value in the tunes that are already on there MP3 DVDs are very easy to pick up for about five pounds each.

you can set iTunes to only update new playlists/songs you can also set it so that it only replaces things you ask it to.

I certainly wouldn't set it to automatically update as I have a raised my iPod a few times doing this.

if you're getting a 20GB make sure you are getting a good price because these things are falling in value dramatically and will continue to do so.20 GB is more than ample for an MP3 player however if you want to look at photos and stuff you might actually end up MAXING IT OUT

Old 20 September 2005, 11:36 PM
mentat
Scooby Regular

There is a way round it.
There's an add-on to winamp which allows you to upload the music from the ipod to your pc...

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=138888

copy the music first, then allow itunes to format the ipod, then stick it all back on again!
This of course assumes you either use winamp, or are happy to install it.
Old 21 September 2005, 08:34 AM
mark1234
Scooby Regular

Location: Where women glow and men plunder, Xbox Gamertag Upsidedownmark

Easy way around it is to set the thing up as a USB disk (itunes will allow), then copy everything off onto the computer. Then Itunes can format it, and re-add.