Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Who says the royal mail are rubbish.

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2005, 06:02 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Who says the royal mail are rubbish.

I posted a CD on monday at 2pm to a guy in Sweden,cost £1.10 to post and i've just got an email to say its arrived.

Now thats fast............
Old 21 September 2005, 08:20 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Bet it took 2 days to get to the airport though
Old 22 September 2005, 07:29 AM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even Royal mail get lucky sometimes!
Old 22 September 2005, 11:40 AM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

**** to the lot of ya,i work for the royal mail and i dont know about the rest of the country,but my office are turning 100% of mail/parcels around next am

there is a bit of an issue at main sorting office's where 95% of staff dont speak very good english(so chance's they can read english are very slim as well)
Old 22 September 2005, 11:46 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

You don't need english to put letters in the right box!!!! Channel 4 did a top programme recently, very revealing! Still not that good, roll on UPS etc free enterprise.
Old 22 September 2005, 11:53 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ethanrob
but my office are turning 100% of mail/parcels around next am
Is that turn around as in turn them upside down on the shelves and leave them for a couple of days or turn them round and put them back on the truck they came on, or does you bin have "Turned Around" written on it? Any which way I'm not impressed!
Old 22 September 2005, 12:04 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Undoubtedly, the Royal Mail has had it's fair share of problems over the last few years but as usual with the British it is far easier to knock things rather than praise them.

I'm still amazed that they manage to offer the level of service that they do given the price of a stamp when you consider the level of subsidising they have to do. We have four post boxes in this area that can't get more than ten letters posted in them in a month but the posty turns up reliably on time every day to empty them.

We get an excellent service here and although it is a rural area where relationships are easier to foster, every time we go on holiday the posty puts our post to one side and then delivers it when we get back - all without asking.
Old 22 September 2005, 12:08 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flatcapdriver
Undoubtedly, the Royal Mail has had it's fair share of problems over the last few years but as usual with the British it is far easier to knock things rather than praise them.
emphasis mine.

Are you suggesting the problems are over and everything is running swimmingly now?
Old 22 September 2005, 12:10 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

No. I'm merely suggesting that its a national character trait that I've noticed, to emphasise the negative aspects whilst ignoring the positives - hence whingeing Poms.
Old 22 September 2005, 12:15 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

No. I'm merely suggesting that its a national character trait that I've noticed, to emphasise the negative aspects whilst ignoring the positives - hence whingeing Poms.
The problem with this country isn't that we complain, it's that we complain to anybody but the people that can actually do anything about it (i.e. the company we have the problem with).
Old 22 September 2005, 12:19 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

royal mail are ****e

to date i have lost

1 mobile phone
1 envolope with £150 in it
countless pay sheets
and a few birthday cards

sooner its flogged of to a private company the better
Old 22 September 2005, 12:32 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
The problem with this country isn't that we complain, it's that we complain to anybody but the people that can actually do anything about it (i.e. the company we have the problem with).
If it was a justified complaint and, as you say, it was directed to the relevant organisation then it would be useful but as demonstrated in this thread its the fruitless whingeing about something which is actually quite good.

Have you ever tried comparing it to other European postal services? Try the Spanish, Italian or French equivalents and then you'd have something to whinge about.
Old 22 September 2005, 12:38 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

If it was a justified complaint and, as you say, it was directed to the relevant organisation then it would be useful but as demonstrated in this thread its the fruitless whingeing about something which is actually quite good.

Have you ever tried comparing it to other European postal services? Try the Spanish, Italian or French equivalents and then you'd have something to whinge about.
My experience of the Spanish postal service is that it's dire, the French postal service and indeed the US I have never had an issue with.

I don't have a major issue with PO other than that they want to stop my morning delivery. I used to get my mail before I left for work which was useful, as anything important I could deal with during the day. It has crept to mid morning now with a view to deliver after noon in the near future. This is to cut costs by merging the first and second post (not that I have ever had a second post delivery) together. Are they reducing the price of a 1st class stamp as we are now get a a midway between 1st and Second class service? Nope. Would anything happen if I complained? Nope. Can I take my business elsewhere? Nope. What's left? Whinging. If companies were actually seen to listen to customer feedback, and act upon it, I guess people may be more inclined to complain to the right people.