Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I'm fighting this Sunday - My first Karate tournament

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2005, 08:51 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face I'm fighting this Sunday - My first Karate tournament

for those that replied to my last post some months back about getting back into Karate after an 11yr break....

Perhaps stupidly (perhaps) entered the inter-club tournament this Sunday. Kata & Kumite (fighting)

Been working hard at getting myself back to a decent level of fitness, and feeling kinda confident I'm there (well hoping!) ...guess I'll find out on Sunday

Just struggling trying to get this bleeding gumshield moulded to my teeth profile now

I'll post up how I get on if anyones interested

Neil
Old 14 October 2005, 08:53 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NeilT
for those that replied to my last post some months back about getting back into Karate after an 11yr break....

Perhaps stupidly (perhaps) entered the inter-club tournament this Sunday. Kata & Kumite (fighting)

Been working hard at getting myself back to a decent level of fitness, and feeling kinda confident I'm there (well hoping!) ...guess I'll find out on Sunday

Just struggling trying to get this bleeding gumshield moulded to my teeth profile now

Neil
Why didnt you enter this instead http://www.freestylefightingfederati.../Boxoffice.htm

Off to watch tomorrow night. Cant get enough of MMA at the moment.

Simon.
Old 14 October 2005, 09:22 PM
FX02
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NeilT

Neil
Good luck!!

2 of my kids do Karate. Ones a black belt, and the younger ones up to blue. Sport Karate rather than contact at the moment though. The instructer looks a mean mother that no one should ever mess with.
Old 14 October 2005, 09:52 PM
S2martin
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Good luck fella,

My dad used to fight for England many years ago (80's) and being he had 2 sons me and my brother had to put up with karate (shotokan) lessons for years!!

Great for fitness and stamina but did get boring.

Martin