Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Wages cockup

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2005, 08:57 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wages cockup

Just got back off a course last night, handed over callout by a colleague who told me to check my bank statement as my pay packet would be a about 500 quid light, apparently work had been overpaying us by about 70 quid a month for some time, hadn't noticed this but I did notice when they took it all back in one go !

Therefore my takehome pay is about a quarter light this month, not the end of the world but bloody annoying, have had issues with our admin before, for example they booked me flights and accomodation for a course but forgot to book a place on the course.

Basically I want to make a point, I can understand that if I have been overpaid the money is not mine and I have to give it back, but the money was taken without any notification, no breakdown of the actual figures and also it was paid in at 70 or so pounds a month and removed in one big lump, I would have thought that we should have been notified and then had the option for it to be taken at the rate it went in.
Old 15 October 2005, 09:27 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello

They have to allow you to pay in installments. I got overpaid my bonus by quite a lot, and they took it back over the next few months as opposed to all in one go.

Edited to add: And make sure they do it "properly", in that you will have been charged tax on the amount so they have to remove the amount before tax is taken. I'm sure they will, but I've seen some interesting people in accounts sometimes ...

Steve

Last edited by boxst; 15 October 2005 at 09:30 AM.