Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

You are the Prime Minister...

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2005, 04:28 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You are the Prime Minister...

...so what would you change to make the UK a better place for all?
No yabbering on about how NL or the Tories have messed things up, you are in control, so it's your responsibility to change things for the better.

Most of us have said things on various threads such as "kick out all the illegal immigrants", "get rid of the fundamentalists", "stop benefit scroungers", "sterilize all chavs". So now's your chance to list all the things you'd change.

Last edited by Markus; 21 October 2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 21 October 2005, 04:30 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The drugs in the water supply
Old 21 October 2005, 04:38 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

unless your a kid, you have to have worked and paid a fair chunk (cant think of a suitable figure yet as its a friday afternoon and the brain is winding down) of tax into the system you cannot claim any benefits unless of course your disabled etc.... spend more time having people checking for people claiming fraudulant benefits rather than checking the speed of every vehicle passing through town.... that'd sort most of the cr@p out IMO
Old 21 October 2005, 04:43 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Remove party politics - all MP's should be independant and their primary focus to sreve the people that voted them in in their constituancy. MPs should then be re-elected anually on a constituency basis so they are highly accountable to the people they serve. Let's get the focus back to the MPs serving us, rather than us being their play things.

After that - what needs doing gets driven by the people.
Old 21 October 2005, 04:48 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Make pensions saving compulsory but remove all taxation from the pension fund. What would be lost in tax revenue would be gained in future years by making people self-sufficient and not relying on State benefits in retirement.
Old 21 October 2005, 04:52 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Get rid of political correctness
Get rid of state benefits, or at least taper them off forcing people to work

That'd be for the people.

For me, I'd go out to lots of lunches spending everyones hard earned on myself
Old 21 October 2005, 05:01 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Slight adjustmenty from davegtt idea, those that have not earned enough "credit" via tax to claim benefits could for a maximum of a year and then thats it.
Would try and bring back some of the older ideas such as goverment sponsored apprentenships (SP??).
And all of the above ie sterilation, stop pandering to the illegal imigrants etc.
Probably last less than a week.
Oh and try and make the royal mint a mint with a large hole in it !

Forgot to add, stop the stupid idea of the cloaks going back and forward.
Bring back Police on the street, Give them proper powers to deal with people.
Proper punishments for crimes etc, Overhall of the Magistrates and court System.
Massive overhall of the prison system,build more etc none of the country club style. Make them hard labour etc.
Get rid of so called safety cameras, Bring back Police prescene on the roads. Compulsary driving re tests for everyone every 5 years. Make people aware that driving is a priviledge that needs to be earned and its not an automatic right.

Richard

Last edited by richs2891; 21 October 2005 at 05:16 PM.
Old 21 October 2005, 05:13 PM
darts_aint_sport
Scooby Regular

Everyone will be painted in green paint, and made to do the Cha Cha Slide every Tuesday at 10am.
Old 21 October 2005, 05:21 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

police will be allowed to use rocket launchers to bring chav scum car chases to a halt (make traffic cops more fun to watch anyway )
Old 21 October 2005, 05:57 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Anybody who wished to be an MP would first have to watch "A Very Social Secretary"
Old 21 October 2005, 06:02 PM
jackies
Scooby Regular

Bring back national service for all men and women. If when you leave school and you are not going into further education or off round the world or have not got a job within three months then you automatically get shipped off to the army. That would sort out all the yobs.
Old 21 October 2005, 06:46 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

Echo the the national service for every 16yr old(regardless of education)
I would amend the Human rights act. 3 strikes and out - ie arrested and charged 3 times, you lose all human rights. Might make the gits think twice then.
Would also change the child benefit system. The government assist with one child only. After that yr on yr own. It's up to you to provide for them, house them etc
Oh and the prisons would be proper prisons. 4 to a cell, 2 bunk beds and a bucket in the corner. Exercise for 1 hour per day. No tv, duvets etc. If it was real hardship, again it might put the gits off going in

Am sure I will think of loads more things, but that will do for starters
Old 21 October 2005, 07:00 PM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

"There is no such thing as society" - Margaret Thatcher to Women's Own magazine, October 31 1987

Whilst quoted in isolation, it does sum up a more selfish attitude that was ushered in by the Thatcherism of the 1980's. People talk about "their rights" without thinking about what their obligations are to their neighbours and society as a whole.

I'm not sure how to do it (presumably as Prime Minister I should be able to call on someone who has some good ideas) but creating a society which is less selfish, more tolerant and quicker to help one's fellow citizen would be my goal.
Old 21 October 2005, 07:22 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Let's see...

More powers for staff in schools to deal with unruly children, though staff to be vetted regularly to make sure their not some sadistic git. Bring back corporal punishment, a good few lashes never did anyone any harm. Serious attacks, and or bullying to be dealt with seriously, including being sent to a proper borstal, which won't have "free holidays to spain". Certainly will have proper education, even more harsh punisment for offenders. If they are still playing up when they come to 16, they go to Jail

Try and stem this PC lunancy that seems to have taken over.

Revise the justice system, more stringent sentances for serial offenders. Peadophiles to be sterlisted and sold to science industries to be used as test subjects. Prisons to remove the majority of niceites, and to introduce hard labour akin to "chain gangs". Make prison a real punishment for your crimes. Capital punishment to be reinstated. Life sentances to be just that, for life, you go in for life, you come out in a box.

Immigration policies to be severly tightened up. Illegal Immigrants to be immediatly removed and sent back to their country of origin. If they are found to have re-entered the UK after being exported, they will be exported again and given one final chance. If after that they are found in the UK, they will be executed.

Funamentalists and/or those crying out for attacks on the UK to be removed from the country. if they come back, as with illegal immigrants they will be executed.

Union Jack and St Georges Cross can be displayed anywhere and everywhere. If it offends you, tough.

No pandering to ethnic groups living in the UK, we will not change the UK to fit in with whatever you believe in. If you don't like the way we do things, please leave the country.

Speed camera policy to be overhauled. Cameras only in blackspots, not on motorways or other places where they are simply placed for revenue collection. More police on the streets keeping us safe.

Benefit system to be changed. Child benefit limited to 1 birth per family (1 birth rather than 1 child, as you may have twins, triplets etc...) after that, as others said, you're on your own. You will need to have worked at least two years before any form of unemployment benefit can be given, benefit will be given for a maximum of 1 year, unless hard proof can be provided for extended cover.
Old 21 October 2005, 07:42 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Stop free legal advice for arrested people and at court. You can have it for your first three offences (as we can all be in the wrong place at the wrong time) but after that - you're on your own. Will save £millions

Tougher jail terms. For repeat offenders and anti-social famalies - they should be moved to an unihabited island off scotland and left (with provisions) to fend for themselves.

No child benefit. If you have a child its your resposibility to look after it otherwise it gets given to a family who can look after it.

National service to anyone leaving school who is not in further education.
Old 21 October 2005, 08:46 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

National Service for anyone who commits a crime (a real crime, not driving at 31 in a 30 limit) - seemed to work for a lot of the lads on Bad Lads Army.
Old 22 October 2005, 12:04 AM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

Nationwide incentive scheme to be made for shopping drug dealers, a national telephone number and complete anonimity for any one who 'grasses'. Cash incentive to be given upon conviction.

Zero tolerance on paedophiles, child rapists etc. Bring back execution for offenders where the case is proven beyond all doubt.

Jail boats to be built housing criminals offshore, these would be for hardcore criminals whom there is little or no hope of rehabilitating, these would have no soft facilities.

Asylum application to be made from the first safe country reached. Application then considered by a body set up made from a cross section of various eu country representatives. If approved, asylum seeker to be set up in a country decided by whichever country is next due a batch of asylum seekers. This would be decided by current immigrant population, size of country and current overall population. All immigrants assigned to a 'immigration assistant' whos job it would be to ensure they settle in well and liase with police regarding any unlawful behaviour.

That'll do for day 1 in my new job! I'm enjoying it!
Old 22 October 2005, 12:18 AM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105
Support Scoobynet!

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sack all the hangers on, drop fuel duty on SUL only, reduce the rate of income tax, I dont remember borrowing it so I shouldn't have to pay it back, and a couple of other things that I can't think of right now.

Mickywrx for president!!!!!!!!!!

In my dreams.
Old 22 October 2005, 12:34 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Wink

1. Kick out all illegal immigrants.
No arsing about - kick 'em out.
If they bleat on about how they'll get beaten up etc then I sympathise but surely they could find SOMEWHERE nearer home to run to ? I only know of ONE person who would have to run half way round the world to escape a beating and that's only cos he is a complete **** and frankly we don't want any more ***** coming to England. Can't they go to Barbados or Italy like the biggest **** in English History ?

2. Adopt the same immigration policies as Australia.
You can come in on one of two grounds.
a) You have $1mio + to fund yourself and your family
b) You have a guaranteed job paying TAX etc to cover your costs

3. Refuse free healthcare to anyone without an NHS # or £ / Insurance
Don't wheel your disease ridden *** into the UK then demand free healthcare you cheeky ba5tards - You are the reason that hard working Brits who have paid into the pot all their lives are now either without a bed or worse catching all manner of nasty bugs and croaking.

4. Get rid of the fundamentalists
Allah **** yaself

5. Stop benefit scroungers
Get the pikeys out cleaning the streets and getting rid of spraypaint yobbery.
I mean, they get £50 odd a week - they can't watch "Trisha" or "Judge Judy" all week on that. Can they ??

6. Sterilize all chavs
Actually this isn't necessary - We need an Unter Klass we can call our own
Old 22 October 2005, 01:36 AM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

jods,....You're nearly getting my vote.

Add to it that it is not a right to have kids. If you can't afford to keep 'em - don't have 'em, and you're there.

Serial, parasitic, breeding untermensch will be sterilised.
Old 22 October 2005, 06:57 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Taff107
jods,....You're nearly getting my vote.

Add to it that it is not a right to have kids. If you can't afford to keep 'em - don't have 'em, and you're there.

Serial, parasitic, breeding untermensch will be sterilised.
We need a system like this

http://www.osceola.org/index.cfm?lsF...m&sFirst=&nID=
Old 22 October 2005, 01:06 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

hutton d made a good start.

Les