Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A warning for anyone with a weapon by there bed!

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2005, 07:21 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation A warning for anyone with a weapon by there bed!

I was awoken last night by footsteps outside my upstairs bedroom and the sound of men's voices mumbling quietly. Just as i opened my eyes i saw some one dressed in black shining a torch in to my room I immediately started shouting and ran out of bed towards them, they ran from the door and out of view.

My shouting work my wife up who then realised there were people in our house, she started screaming at the top of her voice.

I then went charging out the door to catch who ever was in my house (i think i was planning on a rugby tackle but I had only just work up and my vision was still a bit blurry). As i got outside my room one of the men ran down the stairs while another with a bright yellow jacket stood at the top shouting POLICE, POLICE, POLICE WE ARE THE POLICE!

It turns out my Grandad who is staying with me for a couple of days and is very old, slightly senile and can hardly walk had got confused during the night (3am) and decided to keep calling 999 until someone came. He then let the police in and said he could here water leaking upstairs above his room and could they check it out, he told the police that no one else lived with him and the house was empty. The coppers weren't expecting anyone to jump out of bed and chase after them screaming and shouting (the copper seemed more shocked than me when we went down stairs and made a cup of tea afterwards!) after we had managed to sort everything out I wondered what would of happened if I had mistakenly picked up my baseball bat up that was behind my door and clubbed the copper with it by mistake? I have never had anything happen like this before but when you jump up your adrenaline's going your hearts pumping and you instinctively want to plough straight in to the situation.

I know there are lots of people on here that keep various weapons under there bed in case of people attempting to steal your car keys etc but please remember you never know who's going to open your bedroom door!

It might just be a copper!
Old 29 November 2005, 07:30 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

PMSL I bet they **** themselves when a y fronted warrior chased them down the stairs!!

Old 29 November 2005, 07:33 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

LMAO!!!!

Dan
Old 29 November 2005, 07:35 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 16vmarc
PMSL I bet they **** themselves when a y fronted warrior chased them down the stairs!!

CK boxers for me
Old 29 November 2005, 07:42 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i sleep with my pink weapon

imagine if i had of bashed a copper over the head with that
Old 29 November 2005, 07:59 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

PMSL WOULD OF LOVED TO SEE THE COPPERS FACE
Old 29 November 2005, 07:59 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Still keeping my Walther close by , just in case of course.
Yve
Old 29 November 2005, 08:09 PM
Fred321
Scooby Regular

PMSL...

Makes me think if i should put away my hockey stick....hmmm
Old 29 November 2005, 08:10 PM
SCOsazOBY
Scooby Senior

ROFPMSL!!!!

That is sooo funny, good job you wasnt naked

You should always expect it to be an intruder because the chances of them been police are slim and even so they shouldnt be trying to get into your house
Old 29 November 2005, 08:19 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Story

This may just go down as one of the Scoobynet funnies everyone remembers!!

Pete
Old 29 November 2005, 08:19 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

I can smile now but it took me about 2 hours to get back to sleep last night! My wifes still a bit freeked out by it.

A continuation of the story is that the possible reason why my grandad was awake was that he has just stopped taking sleeping tablets (after 30 years!) because he always has trouble sleeping.

Do you know what he said to me this morning?

"thats the best nights sleep I have had in ages!" he said he was awake until about 2am but slept really well after that. He even overlayed this morning! Now why could that be?????? Cant face telling him yet that the cops were in the house for about half an hour somewhere between 3am and 4am
Old 29 November 2005, 08:28 PM
SCOsazOBY
Scooby Senior

awww doesnt he remember them been there??

old age is funny, i cant wait to see what i get upto when im ancient! Plus you can get away with it lol
Old 29 November 2005, 08:30 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Now that's a Classic.
Old 29 November 2005, 09:01 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

<opens the door to the scoobynet hall of fame>

brilliant
Old 29 November 2005, 09:02 PM
penfold118
Scooby Regular

PMSL, now thats funny, although it could have turned out a lot different if you had of grabed the bassball bat !!!
Old 29 November 2005, 09:06 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Question

I bet in all the fuss you forgot to tell the Police about that speeding wagon a few weeks ago?
Old 29 November 2005, 09:08 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

[QUOTE="thats the best nights sleep I have had in ages!" [/QUOTE]

FPMSL class
Old 29 November 2005, 09:20 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Classic - well funny
Old 29 November 2005, 09:21 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Good Story

This may just go down as one of the Scoobynet funnies everyone remembers!!

Pete
So Pete,did the police bolL0ck you for getting them in for a water leak?
Old 29 November 2005, 10:01 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Once dealt with a job similar to this, which could be entitled "Have-a-go-hero gets it wrong".

Picture the scene............Row of terraced houses on a main road, with an alleyway seperating them about halfway down. Some of the residents of the terraces, on each side of the alleyway, park their cars there every night.

Anyway, Mr X lives in the gable-end, with his wife, on one side of the alleyway, and parks his Ford Mondeo there as usual, and goes in for the night. (Both him and his wife wear glasses BTW; important bit, later on, this )

Mrs Y, lives on the other side of the alleyway; again in the gable-end, and that night, her daughter, who is staying one night only, with the intention of leaving early the following morning, comes to stay, and parks her (yes...you guessed it.......Ford Mondeo) in the alleyway right behind Mr X`s car.

It`s now 4.00am the following morning, and Mrs Y`s daughter comes out of the house and gets into her Mondeo ready to leave.

As this is happening, the wife of Mr X has also gotten up, and is in the kitchen making a brew, when she hears a car being started in the alleyway. She looks out of the side window, (minus her glasses) and just sees a figure inside a Mondeo. Believing this to be their Mondeo (which has been screwed only a few days ago) she runs upstairs to fetch Mr X, who comes down (minus his glasses) with his BASEBALL BAT !

Mr X is a big chap, and is like a raging bull as he goes outside, and starts to trash the daughter`s Mondeo with the baseball bat. He cannot see properly, remember, `coz he`s minus his glasses, and boy ! does he give her car some welly, thinking that some thieving scum are inside his car, and he`s going to make them pay !

Mr X`s wife, meanwhile, manages to open the driver`s door, but is then promptly dragged down the road, still holding on, as the daughter just drives straight out of the alleyway onto the main road, screaming her head off in the belief that`s she`s going to be mugged/beaten/killed etc................

So in the end, "have a go hero" has blitzed SOMEONE ELSE`S CAR (windscreen, bonnet, side window) ! , his wife gets hurt (not seriously, thankfully) as she gets dragged down the road, and he almost gets charged with loads of public order offences.

In the end though, it all got sorted, as it was recognized that he was just protecting what he really believed to be his own property, and Mrs Y`s daughter later saw the funny side of it (about a week later ) and didn`t make a complaint.

One of the weirdest jobs I`ve ever been to...................................

Last edited by dexter; 30 November 2005 at 01:48 AM.
Old 29 November 2005, 10:26 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dexter
Once dealt with a job similar to this, which could be entitled "Have-a-go-hero gets it wrong".

Picture the scene............ snipped
Good story!
Old 29 November 2005, 10:27 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

LMAO @ Grandpa

We used to have a house alarm with a silent panic button on it hooked up to the police station. If you hit the button a monitoring service would ring the house and give you about 10 seconds to give them your pin, otherwise they would call the police. (Response times in Belfast are usually quite sharp.... <5 minutes)

Anyway - one evening (10.00PM) one of the kids (aged 3 at the time) hit the panic button. The control panel beeps once and I go for a look. See the panic button has been pressed and shout up stairs "Get back into bed girls, if you do that again I will kill you" - Meanwhile phone rings as expected and wifey gives pin code. 5 minutes later we hear lots of tyre squealing going on across the street - look out and 2 police cars have arrived - 8 occupants bail out and rush straight in the door across the street. Within minutes entire street is covered with police. After half an hour of discussion it all settles down. Next day I am talking to the chap across the road, (the one whose house was the centre of attention) who just happens to be a policeman. I asked him what had been happening. He said it was really strange. The central monitoring service had got a panic button call, called the house and heard someone saying "do that again and I will kill you", so they called it through to the local station. It later transpired that they had called through the wrong address (43 instead of 34) - local plod had noticed the address was flagged as a policemans house so called out the heavy brigade to go and catch the terrorists who were obviously going to kidnap/murder said policeman.
Old 29 November 2005, 10:32 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Dunno about most other blokes but I tend to wake up with 'Morning Glory'....... Are you sure they didn't do you for possessing an offensive weapon?!
Old 29 November 2005, 10:34 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon
I bet in all the fuss you forgot to tell the Police about that speeding wagon a few weeks ago?

Does anyone know where I can get a proper door bell (the ones that go ring ring) so I can fit one for him to ring in case he gets in a fluster again? I tried B+Q but they didnt have any, only the ones that go "ding dong".

Hes gone to bed at 8pm hope he doesnt wake up early again, I have unpluged all the phones in the house in preperation!

Going to try and keep awake in the living room playing my xbox in case he wakes up again, hopefully last night was just a blip.
Old 29 November 2005, 10:59 PM
Neutral Cruiser
Scooby Regular

Did you have to wait for your erection to go down before you went after them. (Always a pain when you're woken up suddenly and are forced out of bed by something).
Old 29 November 2005, 11:03 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dexter

Picture the scene............Row of terraced houses on a main road, with an alleyway seperating them about halfway down. Some of the residents of the terraces, on each side of the alleyway, park their cars there every night.

Anyway, Mr X lives in the gable-end, with his wife, on one side of the alleyway, and parks his Ford Mondeo there as usual, and goes in for the night. (Both him and his wife wear glasses BTW; important bit, later on, this )

Mrs Y, lives on the other side of the alleyway; again in the gable-end, and that night, her daughter, who is staying one night only, with the intention of leaving early the following morning, comes to stay, and parks her (yes...you guessed it.......Ford Mondeo) in the alleyway right behind Mr X`s car.

It`s now 4.00am the following morning, and Mrs Y`s daughter comes out of the house and gets into her Mondeo ready to leave.

As this is happening, the wife of Mr X has also gotten up, and is in the kitchen making a brew, when she hears a car being started in the alleyway. She looks out of the side window, (minus her glasses) and just sees a figure inside a Mondeo. Believing this to be their Mondeo (which has been screwed only a few days ago) she runs upstairs to fetch Mr X, who comes down (minus his glasses) with his BASEBALL BAT !

Mr X is a big chap, and is like a raging bull as he goes outside, and starts to trash the daughter`s Mondeo with the baseball bat. He cannot see properly, remember, `coz he`s minus his glasses, and boy ! does he give her car some welly, thinking that some thieving scum are inside his car, and he`s going to make them pay !

Mr X`s wife, meanwhile, manages to open the driver`s door, but is then promptly dragged down the road, still holding on, as the daughter just drives straight out of the alleyway onto the main road, screaming her head off in the belief that`s she`s going to be mugged/beaten/killed etc................

So in the end, "have a go hero" has blitzed HIS OWN CAR (windscreen, bonnet, side window) ! , his wife gets hurt (not seriously, thankfully) as she gets dragged down the road, and he almost gets charged with loads of public order offences.

In the end though, it all got sorted, as it was recognized that he was just protecting what he really believed to be his own property, and Mrs Y`s daughter later saw the funny side of it (about a week later ) and didn`t make a complaint.

One of the weirdest jobs I`ve ever been to...................................

But if this girl was in her own Mondeo, why was the bloke hitting his mondeo? Pressumably he thought his was being nicked, ergo, would attack the car with the occupant?
Old 29 November 2005, 11:39 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Both stories made me chuckle
Old 29 November 2005, 11:51 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

FB -
Old 29 November 2005, 11:51 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattN
But if this girl was in her own Mondeo, why was the bloke hitting his mondeo? Pressumably he thought his was being nicked, ergo, would attack the car with the occupant?
I just thought the same. not adding up
Old 29 November 2005, 11:54 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
FB -
STI -

Quick Reply: A warning for anyone with a weapon by there bed!