Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How good is the 3 network for mobile phones???

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2005, 07:52 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How good is the 3 network for mobile phones???

The wife might be getting a new mobile with the 3 network, which is quite a new company I believe, however I have heard a few bad reports of network coverage from them and that is more or less the only thing my wife is asking to be spot on in the deal (so she is not lossing signal evrytime she rings). The salesman says the network coverage is fine but he would would'nt he as he has also said today they get better bonuses if they put you on to the 3 network.
So has anyone got any good or bad points with the 3 network???? Any feed back if you have a one of these phones would be great. We also live in the North East area as well if that helps.
Old 29 November 2005, 07:55 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

3 launched on 03/03/03 so are about 2.5 years old now. I've had their phones from before then (I used to work for them) and my wife still has one.

The LG phones are excellent and the service is good apart from the odd MMS message that never arrives (but that could be my provider rather than 3)
Old 29 November 2005, 07:58 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

3 have improved a lot in the last year, Ive got 3 phones on 3 networks(orange, tmobile and three) and the "three" network works just about everywhere the others do, I also have the bonus of three paying ME about £2.00 per month for using 500 minutes and 100 texts
Old 29 November 2005, 08:03 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

thanks for the replys, keep them coming
Old 29 November 2005, 08:09 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

so any one with an impartial view then.?..
Old 29 November 2005, 08:20 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had 3 '3' phones, a first gen Nec was terrible, a LG 8120 which I loved and just got a Nokia N70 which is a great phone, all on the 3 network, replaced Vodaphone which wont work at our house, the 3 reception is great here and the content whilst some is risible, some is actually quite useful, nice to just be able to get the news and a weather report.

I use it as an extra home phone, I have 500 minutes included so I have to plough through them.

I think you get a miles better deal than the comparable 2G phone, I think the average punter was put off by the high initial prices and the lack of a killer feature, its maturing nicely, they just need to allow proper web browsing like T-Mobile, also their pay as you go offering is 15 quid a month and it doesnt roll over but then again there is talk of the 2g operators doing the same.
Old 29 November 2005, 09:42 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

bttt
Old 29 November 2005, 09:55 PM
abbiesdad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GREEN SCOOBY
The wife might be getting a new mobile with the 3 network, which is quite a new company I believe, however I have heard a few bad reports of network coverage from them and that is more or less the only thing my wife is asking to be spot on in the deal (so she is not lossing signal evrytime she rings). The salesman says the network coverage is fine but he would would'nt he as he has also said today they get better bonuses if they put you on to the 3 network.
So has anyone got any good or bad points with the 3 network???? Any feed back if you have a one of these phones would be great. We also live in the North East area as well if that helps.
i have used them both as a main phone and now as a back up... i travel all over country for work most nights and they are no worse than any other ... very good value for what you get ...
Old 29 November 2005, 11:37 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

thanks again everyone, keep your opinions coming