Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Paying into a Pay Pal A/C

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2005, 10:58 AM
Jontyclassic"00"
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paying into a Pay Pal A/C

If someone pays money via PayPal, and I transfer it to my bank account, can the buyer recall their funds at any time?

If so what is the process, should you have sent the item out?

How secure is it?

Once funds are in the process of being tranferred from PayPal to bank (5 to 7 days, which I think is too long btw), again can the buyer put a stop to this?

Jonathan
Old 30 November 2005, 11:10 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Despite what paypal tell you - its basically completel insecure - they can take the money back at any time from you - if you dont have funds in your paypal account to cover the refund, they'll either take it from your card, or show the balance as a negative figure - if you then dont clear the money you owe them, they'll start court proceedings to get it back.

The payment generally only gets reversed if the account is hijacked or a stolen card is used, but if the buyer claims someone used their card without their permission, or the paypal account has been hacked, paypal will take the money from you.

You need to make a judgement call on the buyer really - is their address showing as confirmed on the payment ? do they want the item sent to the same address as on paypal ? Are they in Turkey - in which case dont send it as its paid for with a stolen card.
Old 30 November 2005, 02:20 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It all seems like a bit of a grey area to me I bet paypal aren't contactable to check either. They are raking it in but their customer service sounds useless.
Old 30 November 2005, 07:21 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Paypals phone number is on the website, but the muppets you'll speak to won't be able to confirm or deny anything as they are pretty useless.

Golden rule is if there is anything that looks vaguely suspect about the buyer, especially if they are overseas, then refund the payment and ask them to pay by another method.

Far better to lose a customer than to lose the money.