16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Fatties on 5

Old 02 January 2006, 09:11 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

OMG , you have to feel sorry for some of them, I mean some people just eat and get fat and are lazy as **** to shed the pounds, but some have medical probs which can't be helped, thats the ones I feel for.
Old 02 January 2006, 09:23 PM
richiewong
Twatful

...he put on so much weight, it took a whale stretcher and a small fork lift to take him to hospital
Old 02 January 2006, 09:27 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny how nobody in a concentration camp ever had the medical problem that makes you weigh 40 or 50 stone, why is it usually westerners ?, I can sympathise but its very simple, your weight is a product of the number of calories consumed minus the calories expended, there is some variation in everybody's make up, i.e. some people run on nervous energy and burn calories but by and large thats thecase.

I am a bit overweight, I know why, I dont blame it on anybody else, I am not proud of it and would liek to lose it but I dont have enough willpower !
Old 02 January 2006, 09:44 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

54 stone and he can still f*ck
Old 02 January 2006, 09:44 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

There is being overweight and there is FAT, alot of people get a bit overweight by over indulging etc and some people are overweight due to a medical prob, but the majority of people who weigh a hell of alot have done it to themselves and could have done something about it sooner, everyone says after its too late that they wish they had done something sooner, everyone has willpower and sometimes it fails but if you really want something you keep trying over and over until you have the willpower to do it, everyone has it in them.
Old 02 January 2006, 09:45 PM
Big C
Scooby Regular

wtf!

shocking!

C

Trending Topics

Old 02 January 2006, 09:45 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
54 stone and he can still f*ck
I wouldn't want to, no offence
Old 02 January 2006, 09:53 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I lost 6kg just by reducing the amount I ate and drank.
No fancy foods or shakes or any extra excercise.

Just a "can do" attitude and a bit of will power to control my habit of piling my plate 6" high with food at the local Carvery.

Sure for some people it's a health or mental problem, but I honestly do think many is just caused through a habit of over indulgence.
Old 02 January 2006, 09:56 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

That bloke who was 54 stone died last year, sorry this may sound cold hearted, but is there any wonder he didn't help himself by ordering fast food and not sticking to the rules and regs of a certain in take of food in that clinic, so he ate himself to death.
Old 02 January 2006, 10:04 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I'll admit that a small percentage of overweight people have a medial condition which could be responsible for their weight problems, however, as said, I think it's a small percentage.The most common reason is that you eat too much of the wrong thing and you don't exercise.

I'm a bit chubby and I know it's due to my diet and lack of excercise, I don't blame it on a medical condition or some other crap factor, it's my fault I'm the way I am. Seems some don't want to accept the fact that it is not the world that is to blame for thier problem but themselves.
Old 02 January 2006, 10:21 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

As the old joke says - It's glandular, they have a gland that makes them greedy b3st4rds
Old 02 January 2006, 10:23 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Your gob-hole is bigger than your arsehole.
Old 03 January 2006, 12:01 AM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richiewong
he put on so much weight, it took a whale stretcher and a small fork lift to take him to hospital
My wife said "Why would anyone want to stretch a whale?"
Old 03 January 2006, 12:10 AM
oobster
Scooby Regular

As most of the folk who've met me over on the SIDC Scottish Scoobies forum will testify, i am a chubby little ******.

I blame absolutely no-one for this, nor is it a medical condition. My own fault - too much food, not enough excercise. I am now a 44" waist.

However, what really got me mad was that bloke getting carry-outs delivered into him because he doesn't like the food the hospice thingy gives him, but it cost £200 PER DAY for him to stay in there! While i have no affection for anything American, i can bet that it is the American taxpayer thats picking up the bill for that. Why do they allow it? I had no sympathy whatsoever when the said on the programme that he'd kicked the bucket.

What he did was make a concious decision to commit suicide, then made good honest American Joe Public pay for it.
Old 03 January 2006, 10:07 AM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Got to agree with you there oobster. I mean the people on that programme sat there saying they wish they had done somethng before it got to the stage it did, but in that case why order fast foods when you are in a place where food is restricted and if he goes on eating the stuff he did then it will kill him, he knew the consequences, so he musn't have wanted to try at all, best of it was his missus sitting there watching him and allowing him to eat the junk food he was ordering, if that was me I would have been stopping him from ordering it or taking it out of his hand, I mean he couldn't exactly get up and come after you to get it back, and why did they allow him to have a phone next to him if he was going against what the clinic was doing, they should have got him out of there if he wasn't showing any willingness and gave the bed to someone who actually wanted and needed it.
Old 03 January 2006, 10:30 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Can someone give me an example of the medical condition that makes you fat where you don't eat much. i.e. as per the example above, which medical condition would make you fat even if you were in those concentration camps.

AFAIK, there are no medical condition that MAKE you fat. Granted, there are those that make it harder to lose weight and make you hungry. However, if you don't eat much and do exercise then what medical condition still keeps you fat?
Old 03 January 2006, 11:05 AM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Thyroid conditions can make you overweight, cancers can cause unexplained weight gain, Diabetes, Heart failure can cause it, Crohn's disease, only to name a few.
Old 03 January 2006, 11:09 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

How though? You only gain weight if you consume more calories than you burn.
Old 03 January 2006, 11:17 AM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

I don't know how as I'm not a doctor, but there are obviously conditions that make you overweight no matter how much your intake of food is or how much excercise you do.

Before anyone comes up with the "how do you know, do you have any experience", then yes I do, my gran has a Thyroid condition, but there are 2 types, one that makes you gain weight and one that makes you lose weight.
My Dad had Diabetes which again there are 2 types, one that makes you gain weight and one that makes you lose weight, he gained weight, he also had Cancer which again you can either lose weight unexplainably or gain weight, he gained aswell.My cousin has Chron's disease which I don't know anything about but again you can go overweight or not. So not all people who are fat due to a medical condition can help it whether they eat alot or eat little.
Old 03 January 2006, 11:25 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Are these conditions not curable to some extent.?

Only in good ole U.S. of A could anyone be 'incouraged' to become that obese..( refering to the programme now )
Old 03 January 2006, 11:31 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

So, in other words, they aren't burning off enough calories (this may, due to the illness, not be their fault of course). The illnesses make it hard to lose weight (although not impossible). However, the basic rule still applies and I disagree with your statement that "but there are obviously conditions that make you overweight no matter how much your intake of food is or how much excercise you do." - this is, in effect, impossible. Calories in V calories out determines weight gain/loss.
Old 03 January 2006, 11:32 AM
imi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Julz1983
I don't know how as I'm not a doctor, but there are obviously conditions that make you overweight no matter how much your intake of food is or how much excercise you do.

Before anyone comes up with the "how do you know, do you have any experience", then yes I do, my gran has a Thyroid condition, but there are 2 types, one that makes you gain weight and one that makes you lose weight.
My Dad had Diabetes which again there are 2 types, one that makes you gain weight and one that makes you lose weight, he gained weight, he also had Cancer which again you can either lose weight unexplainably or gain weight, he gained aswell.My cousin has Chron's disease which I don't know anything about but again you can go overweight or not. So not all people who are fat due to a medical condition can help it whether they eat alot or eat little.
One gains weight if your intake of calories is more than the amount you burn (exercise, etc) . Sure with some diseases like Diabeties, etc one has to be extremely careful about their Diet and sure some of the side-effects of others could be weight gain....but nothing terminal like in the case of the people in the program.

So sorry....can blame weight gain (obese levels) on illness....
Old 03 January 2006, 11:32 AM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

All of the conditions will have some sort of cure to some extent. My Dad was put on a strict diet for his Diabetes but he was still overweight, he never had fatty foods everything was healthy, plus he worked so he got the excercise he needed daily, his Cancer couldn't be treated but as for the weight people automatically seem to think that Cancer makes you thin and looking ill, quite the opposite, my Dad didn't eat in his last 3 weeks and he was still big due to what he had. So just because some conditions are treatable doesn't mean that the person is going to be of a normal size.
Old 03 January 2006, 01:15 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to be fat .. but now I am a lot slimmer - as the photo will testify:-

I think I look pretty good now

Pete
Old 03 January 2006, 01:27 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

There is also a difference between what you eat, and what your body 'absorbs', and what passes straight through. Some people with an efficient metabolism will gain a lot of calories from food that someone else would gain far fewer from.

What I don't get is that I am overweight at 14 1/2 stone, but what I eat seems to have little effect on this number. Strict diet and exercise can shed a couple of pounds, eating heartily can gain a couple. Why isn't my weight continually increasing like those on telly? Must be a natural limit to my absorption of calories. (Having to meve the extra weight around uses more calories, so there is a balance point, so long as you don't just lie in bed all day.)

Therefore I can believe that some people absorb every calorie from their food and are naturally disposed towards weight gain that they have little control over.
Old 03 January 2006, 01:32 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Think its mybe more difficult to shed weight once middle age comes home to roost.
Old 03 January 2006, 01:44 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Think its mybe more difficult to shed weight once middle age comes home to roost.
I knew there must be a reason why I'd put weight on. And my wife was blaming the fish suppers. Huh
Old 03 January 2006, 01:47 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Dracoro
How though? You only gain weight if you consume more calories than you burn.
Water retention.

If you ever seen anyone suffering an untreated heart condition, they just get fatter and fatter and fatter no matter what they eat....until they collapse and end up in A&E. This can happen over a period of years, so to any onlookers or teh person themselves they think it's diet/exrecise etc.

Then the docs stick them on some drugs, and it all drops off in a matter of weeks.