Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

In the poo - what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2006, 07:58 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the poo - what would you do?

I work for one of the most politically correct organisations you could ever have the displeasure to work for. I have a tendancy to not suffer fools gladly and tend to be brutally honest. I am not there to massage peoples egos or whisper nice things that will make them feel good about themselves.

I had an individual tell me a lie about information stored on a computer system about me. During the same discussion the same person spins or distorts a piece of organisational policy beyond all belief to suit his own arguement. I have accused him of being both a liar and an imbecile. He did tell me lies therefore he is a liar and only an imbecile (one deficient in sound judgement and good sense) would attempt to distort such a piece of plain and clear english in such a way as to support his own rather weak arguement.

Anyhow, allegedly the individual is very hurt and offended by my comments and wants an apology - an e-mail has came to my line manager and his boss giving one sided detail of the circumstances and requesting an apology. The keyboard hero neither had the courage or the courtesy to cc me in on the email despite it being about me and wanting something from me!

I have already told my line manager that I stand by my comments as I have a preference for the truth regardless of who it offends - and I include myself in that.

What would you do?

TT
Old 21 February 2006, 08:03 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Explain fully in another e-mail to your line manager why you called him a liar and an imbecile in the first place and make sure you cc it to the keyboard hero as well.

and stick to your guns

Andy
Old 21 February 2006, 08:04 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Simple - aplogise

Then have some mates waiting after work with baseball bats
Old 21 February 2006, 08:05 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

Its done now, leave it. See if they come to you and be ready with your side...under no circumstances get angry or personal. Have the facts ready. Both managers will be looking for a quick and easy solution not to hang anyone out to dry. I'm pretty similar to you in nature and try to tone it down a bit now, not because its right its just that sometimes the battle isn't worth fighting. Remember its only work
Old 21 February 2006, 08:06 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Did think about that - also thought of CC'ing his line manager into the distro too show what a tit he is!
Old 21 February 2006, 08:12 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Camk,
People today seemed to be wrapped up in cotton wool !

About time we stood up to the PC brigade.
It's all going a bit pete tong really

Andy
Old 21 February 2006, 08:32 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
Did think about that - also thought of CC'ing his line manager into the distro too show what a tit he is!

Knock his **** in TT,you know its the old norn iron solution to everything!!.You still not going on the 26th mate?

Trending Topics

Old 21 February 2006, 08:49 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I work for one of the most politically correct organisations you could ever have the displeasure to work for. I have a tendancy to not suffer fools gladly and tend to be brutally honest. I am not there to massage peoples egos or whisper nice things that will make them feel good about themselves.

I had an individual tell me a lie about information stored on a computer system about me. During the same discussion the same person spins or distorts a piece of organisational policy beyond all belief to suit his own arguement. I have accused him of being both a liar and an imbecile. He did tell me lies therefore he is a liar and only an imbecile (one deficient in sound judgement and good sense) would attempt to distort such a piece of plain and clear english in such a way as to support his own rather weak arguement.

Anyhow, allegedly the individual is very hurt and offended by my comments and wants an apology - an e-mail has came to my line manager and his boss giving one sided detail of the circumstances and requesting an apology. The keyboard hero neither had the courage or the courtesy to cc me in on the email despite it being about me and wanting something from me!

I have already told my line manager that I stand by my comments as I have a preference for the truth regardless of who it offends - and I include myself in that.

What would you do?

TT
Sh*t ive found my long lost brother

Been there and done that, Thats how i am, and it can be an asset and a pain,

If you are right, and your manager backs you, then let him fight your case, if your wrong, and proven so, then appologise, and leave it. the smug b*stard will come a cropper eventually.

Ive done it a few times, some paid off, others didnt, depending on your role it may be beneficial to stand your ground, then again it could be detrimental,

best thing is leave it and see what happens,

Mart
Old 21 February 2006, 08:51 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I work for a similar organsiation, dont get mad get even, apologise like a stand up geezer and then make it your business to dig some dirt on the individual, sometimes these organisations that protect people in a well meaning way but end up sometimes harbouring and promoting bitter people with an axe to grind, to late for this instance so take it on the chin, but make sure you have something for next time.
Old 21 February 2006, 11:20 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Tell your manager you will apologise for calling him a liar and an imbecile if he apologises for calling you a gay orange *****/taig ***** (delete as appropriate) - That should throw the PC chaps in a twist. Then do as mad555 suggests. It is the Norn Iron way
Old 21 February 2006, 11:45 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

What will it cost you to apologise?

You can apologise that he was hurt by what you said and that was not your intention.

If you use this language you are not changing what you said - you are apologising for how he reacted, which is all about him.

Or you can fight back.

As Gandhi said - an eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind!
Old 21 February 2006, 11:51 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Rannoch

You can apologise that he was hurt by what you said and that was not your intention.
erm - I think that was his intention
Old 21 February 2006, 11:59 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

...and now he is hurt back...

...go to the second part of the advice
Old 22 February 2006, 07:48 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Fuzz
Explain fully in another e-mail to your line manager why you called him a liar and an imbecile in the first place and make sure you cc it to the keyboard hero as well.

and stick to your guns

Andy

What Fuzz said, that's what i would do!
Old 22 February 2006, 10:04 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

What would you do?

TT
I'd quit my job working for New Labour
Old 22 February 2006, 10:07 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Surely you've been hurt by this email? a couple of days off on stress leave should do the trick, pick some sunny days

If its gone through to your line manager, then reply and cc in his line manager and him. You know you're right, no need to apologise for the truth, both managers will realise that. You just need to do it in a way that makes him the problematic one thats created the situation.

Then let down his bicycle tyres
Old 22 February 2006, 10:53 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

@TT

try working in the civil service mate. the question "would you like a sweet?" "what kind?" "orange or green?" equals a year off on stress leave with a tribunal case to boot.

world is fcuked up.
Old 22 February 2006, 11:45 AM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

I had a similar problem. Not so much a work colleage but a colleage's girlfriend. Was at a private do / party, someone at my old work's wedding infact, where my boss was invited, along with me and a few others.

Well, all of us got pissed and had a great time but on Monday morning, the boss calls me in stating that I had given his girlfriend a hard time, i.e was rude, swearing and making her feel uncomfortable. However, I didnt remember the nights events in that way, as I wasnt totally pissed and could remember what I had said / done.

Anyway, being a contractor, @ £2K a week, I was asked to write an apology letter. I wrote the email, apologizing for my `so call` behavior when personally each letter I typed caused a stabbing pain, as I just didnt believe it and felt that my boss was taking advantage for me. The anger inside me was amazing, as I felt that I hadnt done anything wrong but was being made to say sorry. Saying sorry made me look wrong I reckon, made me look guilty, as people were thinking that I'd must of done something as I wrote a letter apologizing, but realising that money is money, I said sorry to ensure my contract was ok.

I hated it, even now thinking about writing that email I feel angrying.

Anyway, eventually my contract ended and my then boss was leaving too. On my last day, (2 or 3 months after the event ) I told him exactly what I thought about him and his ugly ***** of a girlfriend. I told him that if I ever see him or her in Brighton (she lived around there ) that I would tell her what a wide legged slag she was, how fcking ugly, sexually disgusting and how he was a limp ****.

I completely lost my temper when I told him, made me realise how much that apology letter hurt me, as he run off to his car to hide.

Even now, knowing that he sometimes goes out in Brighton, I look for him and that **** of a woman. I will say the most horrible things possible, saying to my ex boss, "Arent you going to defend her honour ?".

What made it worse was that his girlfriend was a yellow toothed, roll up smoking old slag, that not even 15 pints of stella could make attractive.

God, even writing this message, remembering that situation has made me angry.

So, my advise to you is as follows, if your a contractor, well, dont let it worry you, think about your contract and money. If your a perm, fight it, or it will eat away inside and annoy you. Saying sorry is like admitting your wrong. Are you wrong ? If not, then stand your ground.

**** Im angry now

Out of interest, the guy is called Simon Holder. Works for Wicks now I think, pretending to be the IT director. He is the most usless, dump, idea stealing bull****ter.

SBK

Last edited by Simon K; 22 February 2006 at 11:52 AM.
Old 22 February 2006, 01:21 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Something sor Simon....

Andy
Old 22 February 2006, 01:35 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Anger Management Classes

Simon K

You need help mate

Deep breaths
Old 22 February 2006, 01:46 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mart360
Sh*t ive found my long lost brother

Been there and done that, Thats how i am, and it can be an asset and a pain,

If you are right, and your manager backs you, then let him fight your case, if your wrong, and proven so, then appologise, and leave it. the smug b*stard will come a cropper eventually.

Ive done it a few times, some paid off, others didnt, depending on your role it may be beneficial to stand your ground, then again it could be detrimental,

best thing is leave it and see what happens,

Mart
Me too.

That how I am.
All the guys that work with me know exactly what to expect - there's no beating around the bushes with me.

I'd also say leave it for the time being and see what happens.
If they're as PC as you say, then they'll all be ****ting themselves wondering how to handle this.

I used to work for a company like the one you're describing, I left because I couldn't stand it any longer.
Safe to say a shed load of ex civil servants completly put me off that place.

I do some work for another rather large company in N.Ireland which I could never actually be employed by - they already drive me mad when I have to visit them, and even then its onoly for an hour or tow at the very most.

Shaun
Old 22 February 2006, 02:37 PM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

hahaha you guys Fuzz / sipie :-) Your both right. Did you go onto that anger management site ?? The Anger Bee ? hahahahahaah that made me laugh.

Come to think about it, lately Ive really been suffering anger / road rage. I reckon it's due to boxing, as I've restarted doing that again. Prehaps I should give it up and do a bit of flower arranging.

Nope, here comes that Anger Bee again..............................

hahaha

SBK