Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

12 weeks for killing a 3 year old girl???

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2006, 02:10 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 weeks for killing a 3 year old girl???

I read in the paper that a bloke has now been sentenced for the following crime.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/4230822.stm

To sum it up, this bloke had never taken a driving test, was driving a stolen VW Golf at 48 in a 30 zone and according to witnesses was swerving and driving erratically. He obviously had no insurance and he killed a 3 year old girl, he then drove off making it a hit and run as well.

Pretty serious stuff you may think, however he has just been sentenced to 12 weeks and will be out in 6 weeks, or 4 weeks if he agrees to wear a tag!

Apparently it wasn't classed as dangerous driving so that was the harshest sentence he could be given! What the hell is going on?
Old 22 February 2006, 02:28 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

So an untrained driver on the road speeding, driving erratically and knocking people over is not dangerous driving?

Well done to all those involved in the deciding the law, you have completely fcuked it up yet again.

That's not a dig at the police by the way, I'm sure they, like all other reasonable people in the country would of liked to see the driver hung from a lampost and stoned to death.
Old 22 February 2006, 02:29 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Angry

WTF!!

our judges have totally lost the plot,

surely a manslaughter charge could be applied

how come its five years for carrying a gun, and seven for rape.

what is this bl**dy country coming to

wouldnt surprise me if some bleedin heart liberal was claiming he was sorry etc,

broken home and all the other crap.

jesus if it was me and my little un, id be accross the dock and finish the f*ker myself

Mart
Old 22 February 2006, 02:32 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

You couldn't blame the family if they took their own revenge could you!
Old 22 February 2006, 02:34 PM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul3446
You couldn't blame the family if they took their own revenge could you!
The judge probably would though and give them 10 life sentences.
Old 22 February 2006, 02:39 PM
shippy
Scooby Regular

The justice system in this country is well and truely **** about face,
if that was my kid id do the bloke in, no worries about that, then id do the judge while he's at it with his rentboy friends
Old 22 February 2006, 02:48 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

a bloke got two months for joking with a friend that he had a bomb the other day he had 2 teddy bears in a bag.

Trending Topics

Old 22 February 2006, 02:49 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Just not right is it!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22022006/35...ee-months.html

"After Hussain was sentenced last week, Levi's grandfather, Michael Ryan, slammed the leniency of the jail term. The judge could have imposed a maximum sentence of six months."

He was done for careless driving FFS - the law needs reviewing, you kill someone with a car no matter how then you are liabel for a manslaughter charge.

Just what the hell had this poor excuse for a human being got to do to get the full 6 months, kill two little kids?!?

The Judge needs retiring or putting away him/herself.

6 months is what you should get for shoplifting not for killing a little girl - that should be life!

Last edited by The Zohan; 22 February 2006 at 03:01 PM.
Old 22 February 2006, 03:01 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

It was because of the blokes name....

I think it's disgusting.

It emerged he was out of prison on parole after being convicted of wounding in 2001
and

He was sentenced to four weeks for the handling charge and 12 weeks each for the fail to stop and fail to report charges, to run concurrently. He was also banned from driving for five years
Ohh I bet that bothers him, being banned from driving for 5 years...
Old 22 February 2006, 03:03 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Good fecking God - it just keeps getting better!
Old 22 February 2006, 03:08 PM
New_scooby_04

I read in the paper that a bloke has now been sentenced for the following crime.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/4230822.stm

To sum it up, this bloke had never taken a driving test, was driving a stolen VW Golf at 48 in a 30 zone and according to witnesses was swerving and driving erratically. He obviously had no insurance and he killed a 3 year old girl, he then drove off making it a hit and run as well.

Pretty serious stuff you may think, however he has just been sentenced to 12 weeks and will be out in 6 weeks, or 4 weeks if he agrees to wear a tag!

Apparently it wasn't classed as dangerous driving so that was the harshest sentence he could be given! What the hell is going on?
I'm afraid the law is an *** when it comes to motoring offences; often coming down like a ton of bricks on the insured, taxed, qualified driver who happens to stay a few mph over the limit, but completely impotent when it comes to stopping wan*ers like this who don't bother to get a licence, insure or tax their car and still drive it like a cn*t!!

I'm speechless that he got off so lightly.....You could get more than this for nicking a mars bar!! Is it any wonder that car criminals laugh at the law and offend with impunity?!?!

He should be looking at 15 years MINIMUM!!!

Ns04
Old 22 February 2006, 03:12 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

It always amazes me that you can ban someone from driving for 5 years when they haven't passed their test.

I guess it just stops them trying to take a test, not that they're likely to if they haven't bothered til now.
Old 22 February 2006, 03:14 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Worth getting a few chaps together, waiting for him when he comes out and beating the living crap out of him. And again, and again.... deserves it all and way way more....

Probably judge deserves a lot of this as well for being such a total idiot. Probably sitting back in his private club drinking a brandy thinking he's a nice bloke.
richs2891
Scooby Regular

OK another great example of why the whole juducial system needs a serious revamp and bringing up todate.
Now personally cant understand why cant pass the death sentance down on this fool !
Richard
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This beggars belief!
Old 22 February 2006, 03:16 PM
New_scooby_04

It always amazes me that you can ban someone from driving for 5 years when they haven't passed their test.

I guess it just stops them trying to take a test, not that they're likely to if they haven't bothered til now.
Course he won't bother -he'll be back on the roads in a few months, illegally again, safe in the knowledge that if he gets caught the worst he'll get is a longer ban, which is inapplicable since he's not licenced to drive anyway.

Untill the law starts to come down on properly on people who drive without a licence, insurance, tax etc... this kind of thing will continue. Just as untill we start seeing proper sentences for people who rob people of their cars, the trend for break-ins and hijacks will continue.

Ns04
Old 22 February 2006, 03:16 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Totally agree - always wonder why they think

a- banning somone for a year when they get sent to prison for 2 years (WTF?)

b - banning someone who does not have a licence from driving. Will it make any difference? How about banning them from ever owning a car, blacklisted on MOT and insurance etc (which goes a bit further but ultimately it does seem that those who have no license have no insurance, those with no MOT have no insurance or tax etc etc). Nonsense really... just make sure their name can never be linked to buying a car.
Old 22 February 2006, 03:20 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

******* typical.

"Driver Mohammed Hussain, 26, admitted careless driving, having no licence or insurance, failing to stop and failing to report an accident."

how can careless driving cover the killing of a child or any person !!!!!

12 weeks ..... good grief
enough said.

Last edited by tmo; 22 February 2006 at 03:25 PM.
Old 22 February 2006, 03:28 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Its an f'ing outrage!!! It makes a mockery of the law and legal system in this country, and the people that passed this sentence should be ashamed of themselves.
Maybe we could get everyone to send emails to BBC? News? anyone that'll listen, really build mass support against this, not sure it'd provide any real help, but im sick of having to sit by quietly while things like this happen in this country.

This person definitely needs to be visited once he gets out, made an example of.
Old 22 February 2006, 03:30 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Surely if someone is driving without passing a test, that should count as dangerous driving! How difficult would it be to make that law? Then everyone would know they risked 14 years in prison for something like this, rather than the pathetic 6 months maximum. It might at least make some of these idiots think twice.
Old 22 February 2006, 03:34 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Really really don't understand this.

i cannot see the logic in a person killing a child with a stolen car, driving away and only getting 12 weeks ??!!

Feel so so sorry for the little girls family
Old 22 February 2006, 03:36 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Problem is (as someone mentioned above) is that the CPS/courts deal with this as a motoring offence (careless/dangerous driving). Whereas anyone with an ounce of sense would say he should have been charged with manslaughter, involuntary killing, or whatever the term is for the applicable criminal offence.
Old 22 February 2006, 03:37 PM
Slartibartfast
Scooby Regular

He's a Muslim. Give him a break.
Old 22 February 2006, 03:41 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

this country is a joke, if someone did that to my nephew i would kill them (and probably get 25 years)

absolutely discusting
Old 22 February 2006, 03:44 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

It'd be worth going down for 25 years to kill the ******, and by passing this sentence, this judge has devauled this little girls life, all her life was worth was twelve weeks!! its sick!!!

Id happily donate moneys to someone on the inside that could suitably punish this fu**er.
Old 22 February 2006, 03:49 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Once again though, all we can do is state our outrage on a BBS, be nice if we could actually do something more in the faces of the morons who pass judgements like this and can still live with themselves.
Right now we may as well be completely silent, cause we arent challenging anything, isnt it great being one of the many helpless dumb sheep of the UK.

Do things like petitions work/make any difference?
Old 22 February 2006, 03:52 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Only last year someone got a year's imprisonment for a first offence of thinking about setting light to a speed camera. He was caught with a can of fuel and an old tyre, loitering near the camera

Obvious where THIS government's priorities lie, then?

Alcazar

Labour: tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime......but only when it suits them and not against muslims.
Old 22 February 2006, 03:54 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Slartibartfast
In his neck?!?!? He's a wan*er; I dont care what religion he represents!

I'm guessing you're trolling though!

Ns04
Old 22 February 2006, 03:59 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Slartibartfast
Oh dear thats torn it! the pro muslim brigade will be along shortly to tell us that muslims are good, islam is peacefull and there are only a few bad apples in the barrel!! well imho this barrel seems to be getting bigger and bigger by the day!!
Old 22 February 2006, 04:02 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Oh dear thats torn it! the pro muslim brigade will be along shortly to tell us that muslims are good, islam is peacefull and there are only a few bad apples in the barrel!! well imho this barrel seems to be getting bigger and bigger by the day!!
And on Thursday, you're in the barrel laddie!

Quick Reply: 12 weeks for killing a 3 year old girl???