Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Go easy on juvenile crime............

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2006, 03:50 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry Go easy on juvenile crime............

According to an all-party panel of MPs recently, judges are going to be asked to take into account, when sentencing juveniles for robbery etc, whether "peer pressure" had anything to do with them commiting the crime

Great, so it's OK to rob people so long as you are in a gang? Perhaps those people accused of the Tonbridge robbery can use that when they get sentenced? No? Perhaps not,............ after all, they aren't kids, who don't know any better

Also to be taken into account are adult influence, and how mentally mature the crims are!

Well I never!

Alcazar
Old 07 March 2006, 04:04 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I think we need to set minimum periods in jail for crimes, not maximums. That minimum should be the minimum period before they can get parole i.e. the shortest possible time they can be in jail if they are an absolute model prisoner. This would be the sentence if there were exceptional circumstances, not the norm.
Old 07 March 2006, 04:55 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OllyK
Personally I think we need to set minimum periods in jail for crimes, not maximums. That minimum should be the minimum period before they can get parole i.e. the shortest possible time they can be in jail if they are an absolute model prisoner. This would be the sentence if there were exceptional circumstances, not the norm.

Yes, this is the way forward!
Old 07 March 2006, 06:21 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

[devils advocate]
Send someone who made a small mistake to prison, and let them mingel with low life and come out even more bitter and twisted, and learned more crime etc

Or, show them the error of there ways, and show them there is a better life waiting for them.
[/devils advocate]
Old 07 March 2006, 06:46 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

what should be done is this. All prison rooms made 5ft wide by 10ft. 3 social hrs out a day. Basic food rations. Segregation from any outside world information. No tvs, no gym, no sports stuff. educational lectures for 5hrs a day.

these people lack social values and an education. If they do not comply then they should be beaten until they are good little boys and girls and respect their lecturers. They should be made to earn their better food/cells, tvs and sports activites by getting good exam results.

All hard drug users made to go cold turkey. padded room, bread and water for a month. shower time = hose down.
And if that doesnt scare them enough, hanging a few paedos should. SCUM.

anyways
rant over.
Old 07 March 2006, 06:55 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

I agree compulsory reading and writing tests/lessons/other education is whats missing. I wonder what percentage of the prison population cant read or write? I wonder if they turn to crime because they cant get a job through being illiterate? Bet the percentage is very high