Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Irish Travellers told that they must move

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2006, 01:19 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Irish Travellers told that they must move

At last we seem to be getting some sense!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4784640.stm

The Traveller woman said that people look at us 'like we are scum' .... well, thats because you act like scum!!!!

Who is paying for all their legal actions???? US I bet!!!

Pete
Old 08 March 2006, 01:22 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Pete look a few posts south mate

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=498138
Old 08 March 2006, 01:23 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

----------------------------------------------------End of Thread----------------------------------------------------------------

Old 08 March 2006, 01:24 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Yes, I know!!!

I scanned the titles but couldn't see anything .... until I clicked on that Awww Shame thread

Pete
Old 08 March 2006, 05:19 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

had a gypo in the carpark the other day telling me he could flog me cheap watches that he forgot to deliver somewhere in his van

he was shown the exit
Old 08 March 2006, 06:28 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
had a gypo in the carpark the other day telling me he could flog me cheap watches that he forgot to deliver somewhere in his van

he was shown the exit
Yeah I've had these outside the bank (not pikeys I don't think) ..... posh BMW, couple of suited individuals selling ROLEX Watches for £200 each - the Rolex watch they show you is genuine!

They say they have a case of 5 only ... left over from some Hollywood 'do'.

Anyway, you draw out £200 and buy one - it's a fake of course ... the ones which are £10 each in Dubia

Some people were taken in!

Pete
Old 08 March 2006, 07:21 PM
iamevilhomer
Scooby Regular

where in the beeb article does it say Irish
Old 08 March 2006, 07:32 PM
Franx2
Scooby Regular

Location: Known as 'Franx' before my password stopped working....
Talking

Originally Posted by iamevilhomer
where in the beeb article does it say Irish
They all are for some reason..... although I once met a Cockney one
No offence meant to the Irish btw
Old 08 March 2006, 08:35 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

It's amazing, for travellers they don't like doing much travelling, they'd rather park in a field.
Old 09 March 2006, 07:26 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Swen6
It's amazing, for travellers they don't like doing much travelling, they'd rather park in a field.
Yes, some one elses field .............. although our way they have bought up waste land from British Coal (or whatever) and seem intent on colonising every field, local council wont go near them ................ you cannot believe the mess, rubbish everywhere within a 5 mile radius.
Old 09 March 2006, 12:37 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I welcome that interpretation of the law. Why the hell should they be able to park just where they like and make a disgusting mess of the whole area?

Those who live there and pay their taxes etc. without ripping off our benefits system have got human rights too. Its a matter of balance of course.

Les
Old 09 March 2006, 01:19 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I dissagree. I think they behave well in our area and they put all their rubbish in bin bags for collection. They also provide a service that many want to pay for - clearing gardens, driveways etc. If people didn't want that service then they wouldn't be here as they wouldn't make any money. All the cars/vans are taxed and insured as that's the first thing that police check. They want to send their children to school as well.

What's the problem - leave them alone.

F
Old 09 March 2006, 01:23 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Floyd
I dissagree. I think they behave well in our area and they put all their rubbish in bin bags for collection. They also provide a service that many want to pay for - clearing gardens, driveways etc. If people didn't want that service then they wouldn't be here as they wouldn't make any money. All the cars/vans are taxed and insured as that's the first thing that police check. They want to send their children to school as well.

F
Well they aren't proper pikey's then are they

They'd be nicking everything in sight if they were.

Another plague on society that needs to be driven out.

chop
Old 09 March 2006, 01:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Did Hitler try to sort out the Pikey issue?

Pete
Old 09 March 2006, 01:30 PM
negri
Scooby Regular

F

oh my , where do you live mate ? will have to find out so every other pykie **** can take a leaf out of their book

any time i have seen them located any where they have left the site thats not even theirs in a right state . All the hedges they trim all the rubbish the collect all gets left when they up sticks and move .
Also the most disgusting thing is that they obviously dont have porta loos and they just find a corner to do their business.

not the type of community you want on your door step IMO
Old 09 March 2006, 01:34 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by negri
oh my , where do you live mate ? will have to find out so every other pykie **** can take a leaf out of their book

any time i have seen them located any where they have left the site thats not even theirs in a right state . All the hedges they trim all the rubbish the collect all gets left when they up sticks and move .
Also the most disgusting thing is that they obviously dont have porta loos and they just find a corner to do their business.

not the type of community you want on your door step IMO

agree

chop
Old 09 March 2006, 01:53 PM
Karl 227
BANNED

I think you're all being a little unfair, apart from Floyd. I've lived in a caravan for seventeen years now and travel around England with my family, we've got a total of eight caravans on the go and it's a great feeling of camaradery when we up sticks and move to a different site. We always try to leave the sites tidy but that isn't always possible, imagine how it must be with nineteen kids in all and twelve dogs, it ain't easy cleaning up after that lot let me tell you, so if we leave the odd bin bag around well hey, live with it, we have to. I also think it's unfair to say that we steal all the time, that's crap, we only steal when we have to and if the government gave us more money (which we're entitled to), we wouldn't have to steal, ever looked at it that way? Thought not. Bloody one sided opinions on this BBS.
Old 09 March 2006, 02:14 PM
Karl 227
BANNED

Not even a nibble?
Old 09 March 2006, 02:17 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Did Hitler try to sort out the Pikey issue?

Pete
Yes, Adolf disliked a lot of things, and gypsies/pikeys were among those and we're quite happily put into death camps.
Old 09 March 2006, 02:20 PM
negri
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Karl 227
I think you're all being a little unfair, apart from Floyd. I've lived in a caravan for seventeen years now and travel around England with my family, we've got a total of eight caravans on the go and it's a great feeling of camaradery when we up sticks and move to a different site. We always try to leave the sites tidy but that isn't always possible, imagine how it must be with nineteen kids in all and twelve dogs, it ain't easy cleaning up after that lot let me tell you, so if we leave the odd bin bag around well hey, live with it, we have to. I also think it's unfair to say that we steal all the time, that's crap, we only steal when we have to and if the government gave us more money (which we're entitled to), we wouldn't have to steal, ever looked at it that way? Thought not. Bloody one sided opinions on this BBS.

are you being serious ??

im not having a go at you but when you say its almost impossible to keep everything clean ? i suggest you apply to the council and pay council tax so that they can uplift your mess if you cant do it . ..

and to be honest ive re read your post and know your at the wind up .

:0
Old 09 March 2006, 02:24 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Your use of the English language and sentence construction makes it quite clear you are not a "traveller".
Old 09 March 2006, 02:52 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I am a traveller liaison officer. I work for the local council so I know what I'm talking about. The travellers really are trying hard to clean up their act these days an it's negative comments like these, which upset all their good work.

I know that private house owners who actually 'fly tip' and then blame it on the travelling community, which they seem to dislike so aggressively. Talk about being hypocritical.

Without the travelling community we would have a real problem with finding skilled ground workers so all the roads would be too poor to drive your precious Subarus on. Think on that.

F
Old 09 March 2006, 02:54 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

We always try to leave the sites tidy but that isn't always possible, imagine how it must be with nineteen kids in all and twelve dogs, it ain't easy cleaning up after that lot let me tell you, so if we leave the odd bin bag around well hey, live with it, we have to. I also think it's unfair to say that we steal all the time, that's crap, we only steal when we have to and if the government gave us more money (which we're entitled to), we wouldn't have to steal, ever looked at it that way? Thought not. Bloody one sided opinions on this BBS.
fpmsl

Old 09 March 2006, 03:31 PM
Mr Bat
Scooby Regular

I am a traveller liaison officer. I work for the local council so I know what I'm talking about. The travellers really are trying hard to clean up their act these days an it's negative comments like these, which upset all their good work.

I know that private house owners who actually 'fly tip' and then blame it on the travelling community, which they seem to dislike so aggressively. Talk about being hypocritical.

Without the travelling community we would have a real problem with finding skilled ground workers so all the roads would be too poor to drive your precious Subarus on. Think on that.

F
Do gooder. Tell me, why should the council dedicate a department to "travellers"? Why are they given "wheelie bins" to bin their rubbish? What taxes do they pay?
Old 09 March 2006, 03:46 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I am a traveller liaison officer.
In otherr words a pikeys best friend, or the only honest person a pikey knows

I work for the local council so I know what I'm talking about. The travellers really are trying hard to clean up their act these days an it's negative comments like these, which upset all their good work.
Oh stop it please, my sides hurt. Negative comments are hurting their good work, very funny. Next thing you'll tell me is that they are paying taxes

A fair enough point, it's probably done so that everyone will think it's the pikeys and thus the local authorities might actually do something to move the scum on to somewhere else, preferably 6ft underground.

F
Right, and the quality of their work is way above and beyond the norm. Don't make me laugh again, please. They are in it for a quick buck, pure and simple. Yosser Hughes would pave a road far better than whole smith family put together, and he wouldn't have an irish accent either.

PS, I'm pretty sure you're on a wind up here F
Old 09 March 2006, 03:48 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

What THE Markus?
Old 09 March 2006, 03:54 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo
Your use of the English language and sentence construction makes it quite clear you are not a "traveller".
FFS Don't praise the kraut *Grabs Karl by the ear* C'mon you, back to the hutch TCHOH!
Old 09 March 2006, 03:56 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gridlock Mikey
What THE Markus?
Huh?
Old 09 March 2006, 04:44 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Used to obtain possession orders to move them on.

Amazing when we turned up with the Bailiffs how the wheels had 'disappeared off the caravans and it would be impossible for them to move '.Surprising how quickly the wheels reappeared when the tow truck started revving up.

Oh,yes there were always nice deposits of stuff left.No ,they were not tidy or respectful of the property they had occupied either.

Nothing like the Flake girl at all
Old 09 March 2006, 05:14 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Why don't we all just club together and do a "Brick Top"* on them all. It's not like anyone would actually miss any of them is it?

* Reference to the film ******. Brick Top, an "unhinged, pig-feeding gangster", wishes to make Mickey the pikey fight, and Mickey a little reluctant to do so. Brick Top's inventive and pleasing idea is to set fire to the caravan that Mickey's mum inhabits. With her still inside. This has the effect of persuading Mickey to fight, or face further smouldering remains

And on this note: "I ****ing hate pikeys"

Last edited by Markus; 09 March 2006 at 05:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Irish Travellers told that they must move