Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You don't have to speed

to be a dangerous driver! 32 in a 40!!!
Old 08 March 2006, 02:31 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bit harsh that, at least she was using a compact mirror in the other hand thus still having use of her rear view mirror that we usually see being used instead

I have to ask though do they take a pic of everybody? Why take a picture of her driving at 32 in a 40?
Old 08 March 2006, 03:06 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Speed has absolutely nothing to do with this one - in fact, it's proof that real police officers out there can and do catch people who are doing things far more dangerous. A Gatso would have done nothing here.
Old 08 March 2006, 03:11 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

She's already serving a 20-month ban for drink driving. Deserves all she gets, the stupid coo. Harsh, but fair I think
Old 08 March 2006, 03:13 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
Speed has absolutely nothing to do with this one - in fact, it's proof that real police officers out there can and do catch people who are doing things far more dangerous. A Gatso would have done nothing here.
Exactly, the correct usuage of a camera I think. Obviously the camera operators suspicions were aroused due to her snail like approach.
Old 08 March 2006, 03:19 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I see the solicitor asked that she didn't get her existing ban extended...why's she even getting her license back?!
Old 08 March 2006, 05:28 PM
New_scooby_04

Maddock was fined £200 after admitting careless driving. The court heard she was banned last week for drink-driving.

How much longer are the courts going to let people stick two fingers up at bans?!?!

She should be in jail!

Ns04
Old 08 March 2006, 05:35 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Well done camera van (never thought I'd think that )

It's about time the goverenment and police focused on the real cause of road deaths and accidents.....

BAD DRIVING.

Ok, I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but it makes me feel better to point that out whenever a topic like this pops up

It's like that annoying speeding advert about the kid saying if you hit her at 40mph she dies and if you hit her at 30mph she lives. ...howabout this kiddo: If I was paying attention, and noticed kids playing by the road. I would have slowed down already and covered the brakes, fully aware that one of the little oiks might run out infront of me?? eh? eh? Tell me I'm wrong?
Old 08 March 2006, 05:42 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Well done camera van (never thought I'd think that )

It's about time the goverenment and police focused on the real cause of road deaths and accidents.....

BAD DRIVING.

Ok, I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but it makes me feel better to point that out whenever a topic like this pops up

It's like that annoying speeding advert about the kid saying if you hit her at 40mph she dies and if you hit her at 30mph she lives. ...howabout this kiddo: If I was paying attention, and noticed kids playing by the road. I would have slowed down already and covered the brakes, fully aware that one of the little oiks might run out infront of me?? eh? eh? Tell me I'm wrong?

I agree, better to not hit the kid......at ANY speed!!

BUT

You're partly wrong:

What the advert should say -in a child's voice- is:

"If I pay attention to what I'm doing and not just run out into the road without looking- like my parents always said- you won't hit me regadless of how fast you're going"

I'm being deliberately sarcastic, but there is a serious point.............I think! Oh yes, Road safety is a two way street- we have to look at pedestrian behaviour too!

Ns04
Old 08 March 2006, 05:49 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Stupid, selfish Bint, deserves all she gets and more, driving is a privelidge, not a right !

Reminds me of the girl I saw on the M56 in slow moving traffic reading 'Heat' magazine, must be important that C list celeb gossip, I creashed my car as Jade Goody has a new boyfriend.

Trouble is, all this is doing is putting the mockers on doing anything behind the wheel, even when using common sense, its easy enough to eat something and not compromise your driving but that will be treated the same as putting make up on.
Old 08 March 2006, 05:50 PM
Spring Heeled Jack
Scooby Regular

Location: was he a creature, an alien, or a man wearing some strange costume and a hidden jumping apparatus

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Maddock was fined £200 after admitting careless driving. The court heard she was banned last week for drink-driving.

How much longer are the courts going to let people stick two fingers up at bans?!?!

She should be in jail!

Ns04
I would assume that the 'make up' offence occured before she was banned. I hope, anyway. People like this are a real liability and should be banned from holding a license for life IMO.
Old 08 March 2006, 09:06 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Max Factor but who wouldn't given the chance
Old 08 March 2006, 09:15 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Whilst i agree that she should have the book thrown at her, it does highlight a very worrying fact.

"safety" camera vans are supposed (hedgehog will hopefully confirm this) to "form a prior opinion" that a given vehicle is speeding. If they think that it is indeed speeding, they confirm their assumption by using an approved device such as a laser speed gun.

They cannot simply point their laser gun along a road waiting for someone to exceed the speed limit!!!

Now if Donna Marie was indeed only doing 32mph (albeit without holding the steering wheel) in a 40mph zone, then it does cast doubt on the camera operators ability to estimate vehicle speed (and thus comply with regulations).

Of course the cynical amongst us would possibly assume that the Scameratzi simply ping every vehicle that they see, in the hope that their fishing will eventually gain a catch

mb
Old 08 March 2006, 09:22 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04

"If I pay attention to what I'm doing and not just run out into the road without looking- like my parents always said- you won't hit me regadless of how fast you're going"

I'm being deliberately sarcastic, but there is a serious point.............I think! Oh yes, Road safety is a two way street- we have to look at pedestrian behaviour too!

Ns04
Of course

I think teaching kids road sense seems to be a lost cause. I just assume they are all infinitely stupid and have less ability to cross a road than David Blunket after his dog has been nicked by a chav...A sign of the times

As for fully grown pedestrians, Darwinism takes precedence.

Last edited by ALi-B; 08 March 2006 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09 March 2006, 12:59 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Boomer correct J4CKO hits the nail on the head. Something that you do everyday, and consider to be quite safe, reaching for a tissue, changing a radio channel, adjusting the rear view mirror, may be considered by a police officer to be an offence, even if you maintained control of your vehicle and didn't break any road traffic laws. Where will they draw the line?
Old 09 March 2006, 01:23 PM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

To be fair, judging by her looks, she needs as much make-up as possible!!
Old 09 March 2006, 02:14 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"

Feckin' stupid bint. Deserves everything she gets and more.
Old 09 March 2006, 02:49 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

She said: “Not long ago I was driving down the road smoking and flicked the cigarette out of the window — except the window was shut.

“The *** butt bounced off and landed on the back seat. Before I realised what was going on I could smell this horrible burning. The back seat was ruined.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006110347,00.html
Old 09 March 2006, 05:36 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Ok, thanks to the sun, I can now use the C word -apologies for any offence caused.

This woman is a stupid, two timing CHAV!who has no place on our roads!

That felt goooooood!!

Ns04
Old 10 March 2006, 03:01 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

She deserved all she got on both counts.

Les