Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone seen there TOMTOM 700 PC WORLD voucher in the paper?

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2006, 10:41 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone seen there TOMTOM 700 PC WORLD voucher in the paper?

Anyone seen there TOMTOM 700 PC WORLD voucher in the paper?

Its a package for £349 with big case, micraphone and face covers.

The stupid tossers in PC World wont sell it to me unless I have the voucher but they dont know what paper its in?

And there collect at store website hasnt been working for 3 days!!!

Old 10 March 2006, 10:58 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/568366

and

http://www.vouchercodes.com/vouchers/currys.htm

might help
Old 10 March 2006, 11:09 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Collect@store seems to be working at that price for me
Old 10 March 2006, 11:31 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

The collect @ store works until you get to the end, then it comes up with:

We are currently performing essential maintenance on our Collect@Store service

and its been like that for 3 days

Was thinking about the currys deal but the PCWORLD package is better value for money if only I could order it !
Old 10 March 2006, 12:46 PM
joni
Scooby Regular

Don't be in too much of a hurry to buy this. The next generation is almost here and you WILL be upset when you don't have features such as Text to Speech and Sirf star 3

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtomv6.php
Old 10 March 2006, 01:20 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

I noticed they were bringing out new models, but they will be more expensive and will have no benifits for me, (MP3, ipod etc etc)

will have to keep trying Pcworlds website!
Old 10 March 2006, 01:30 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
The stupid tossers in PC World wont sell it to me unless I have the voucher but they dont know what paper its in? (
Why are they 'stupid tossers'? They have to keep the voucher in the till just like a £50 note; why on earth should they allow you to benefit from a coupon-offer without a coupon?

Last edited by GC8; 10 March 2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10 March 2006, 01:44 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

GC8,

I asked them did i need the advert or just the code they said they dont need to keep the coupon, they just need to enter the code in to the till.

The point is If i order it online and collect it in store I get it at the same voucher price, but there online system is not working and they wont over ride it. Called there helpline and they conacted the store nearest to me and told them to overide the price but they said the manager wasnt there and they couldnt make a decision with out him

Thought I would give them a chance as they are usually useless
(nothing in stock and dont know anything about the products) their service is up to the usual standard! and I think you will find most people will agree with me that the staff in pcworld are mostly tossers, its a known fact!
Old 10 March 2006, 01:57 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Considering what I used to do for a living, I am more aware than most of DSGs shortcomings; the PCWorld chain in particular. Very few complaints have any real substance though.

If you call the 'helpline' number someone there will be able to look at all of the current press advertisements and tell you which paper the requred coupon is in. The branch call handling department in Sheffield is now run by Capita (at quite a profit too I understand); many of the staff are under trained and on (very) short-term contracts from local employment agencies. If they dont/cant help you in the manner that I have described then ask to speak to a member of the Customer Service team. They will be far more experienced (on the whole) and able to identify the correct newspaper at least, or compel the store to over ride the EPOS system if they think that that would be appropriate.

edited to add: I meant to mention, that for every justifiable complaint or issue that I came across, well over twenty times that number (that were represented as such) were unfounded; caused by a mixture or ignorance, arrogance, stupidity and unreasonable or unrealistic expectations... The dick-head (junior) store management and cocky underpaid staff (where so) only exaggerate this underlying problem...

Simon

Last edited by GC8; 10 March 2006 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10 March 2006, 02:33 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Thanks!

When I spoke to the helpline people yesterday it sounded like they were all American

Will try again and ask to be put through to the real customer service team!
Old 10 March 2006, 02:46 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Nope, they are officailly useless

Tried calling the customer service number twice and spoke to 2 different people, both were unable to do anything
Old 10 March 2006, 03:01 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Its difficult to comment because I know exactly what should happen; of course, I cant know who youve actually spoken to nor what has been said. At the very least all CSAs have access to .pdf images of all current and past press adverts for this very purprose.

Before DSG outsourced this to the shower of bastards that are Capita. everything worked a lot better..........
Old 10 March 2006, 03:21 PM
joni
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
I noticed they were bringing out new models, but they will be more expensive and will have no benifits for me, (MP3, ipod etc etc)

will have to keep trying Pcworlds website!
Do a search on the performance gains of Sirfstar 3 in areas such as urban canyons, tunnels etc. Then imagine instructions that include either road names, numbers or both and I suspect you might revise the "no benefits" statement.
Old 10 March 2006, 04:16 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Having re-read you post and going only on what you have written; I dont think that you have done what I suggested. There isnt a Customer Service number; the CS team can only be reached through the normal branch call handling number.

Simon
Old 10 March 2006, 04:26 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

I tried the helpline number and asked to be put through to customer service, both people said that this was the customer service number.
Old 10 March 2006, 08:27 PM
Notorious
Scooby Regular

I worked for PC World for 5 years and must hasten to add I do not see myself as a "Tosser". We never used to have to collect vouchers at time of sale as all the deals in the newspapers were on the system, so they should have been able to process it for you (unless they had no stock and this was probably just a way of making excuses not to sell you it).

I would agree that some of the service in PC World is shocking at times, however I also agree with GC8 that alot of customer problems were down to ignorance and user error, they would then demand that you revolve the world round them.
Old 10 March 2006, 08:43 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

They had them in stock because it was only when the bloke went and got it and I said where is every thing else?

There are good and bad in all organisations but after 3 days of trying to buy it I have given up

You would think that the customer service people would sort it out so they would get the sale instead of me having to giving up Whats the point of a customer service agent who cant service the customer???

Just like little britain "computer says no!"

How crazy is it that they have it listed on there system AND they have it in stock but they cant join the info together and sell it to me
Old 10 March 2006, 08:58 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Which is your local store? With regard to Customer Services; theyre only a very small team amongst about 150 CSAs, who field the general enquiries. Im aware that a lot of these CSAs do refer to themselves as 'customer services' (their job title is Customer Service Adviser, but thats no excuse). I know too that Capita are making more and more CSAs "multi-task" (their parlance not mine) and most of these peopel dont really know what theyre doing. It used to be that al of the CS team were extremely experienced and over half were ex-PCSC engineers. This obviously isnt the case now. i was hoping that a PCW store employee wasnt going to add to the thread, as neither the new system nor REPOS that it replaced really require that the voucer be retained; but it was a simple way of conveying that the voucher must be present. Till staff cant process the transaction without sight of the voucher (off their own backs); thats the companys policy. That someone couldnt identify the newspaper and the date of publication staggers me.... I have a number of friends who are managers at PCW BCH and i know things are pretty ****e now that they no longer work for DSG but i didnt know it was this bad.....

Simon
Old 10 March 2006, 10:11 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

GC8 I will try one more time tomorrow morning to be honest I feel sorry for companies like this, I work in retail both online and in shops and I know that the customer is NOT always right (please see recent thread about someone asking for a refund because they changed there mind).

But how many sales do they lose because of this **** poor service? I just want to be able to get through to someone that will say "I can see your problem, I will arrange for it to be sorted, you we be able to pick it up in 30 minutes". I would be more impressed by some one sorting a problem out (even though I have had to call them) than calling them and someone saying that theres nothing they can do. I said what do i do now buy it from some one else? Well theres nothing I can do, the computer says NOt working!

I have decided to call tomorrow and speak to 5 people, get there names and the time I called and put it in a letter to Pcworld so they atleast know whats going on!

I first went to the Ashford store (in stock but wont sell it to me) I have also been to the Medway store (and called them) they said they cant do anything unless I find the voucher or order it online? BUT ITS NOT WORKING! nothing we can do then sir

Old 11 March 2006, 12:54 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Medaway is the worst store ever; the last time I dealt with one of the management team there I was in my car in the car park ready to drive down and **** the fool (and its quite a drive!); Id avoid them at any cost. Unfortunately corrie is dealt with at the same Capita site in Sheffield......

When you speak to them tomorrow ask them to look at the current press adverts; theyre available electronically and there should also be a copy of every publication that carries a current ad as a reference too. Make sure that youre speaking to a member of the Customer Service team; not just a BCH CSA. If you dont make any headway ask to speak to their team leader <I'll PM you her name>; although she may not be working tomorrow. Any other Team Leader should be able to help.

Simon