Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Kids in cars and no belts, why?

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2006, 07:12 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Kids in cars and no belts, why?

I can't help but be amazed at the number of parents who drive around with the kids in the back where the kids are left to roam around the rear of the car. I passed the local school last night and got behind parents picking their small daughter up. Parents were well belted up, but the child was all over the car, in the middle between the front seats, both sides in the rear, hanging out of the side window to shout at her friends as they drove by etc etc. Now the car had a dog is for life sticker in the rear window and a fish symbol on the hatch so I presume they are caring considerate people(?). If so dont they care about their childs well being or love their kid enough to want to provide the best protection? After all they have their belts on.
Its something you see all over, in town, on the motorway at high speed. Any one throw any light on it as I just dont get it...........
Old 14 March 2006, 07:17 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Its always something that has amazed me too, so many times i have wanted to say something, but fear the reaction from the parents.

If i so much as start the car and my son hasn't got his seat belt on he goes mad.
Old 14 March 2006, 08:06 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

If they have a fish symbol, then the little baby Jesus is watching over them.
Old 14 March 2006, 08:18 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Its madness, because if you ask these parents whether they love their children they would say they do, when, in fact it's quite apprant that they dont...
Dunderheads of the highest order...
Old 14 March 2006, 08:22 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Probably because their little ****s don't like being told what to do.

Symptomatic of wider problems with these little darlings !
Old 14 March 2006, 09:03 AM
Sport160
Scooby Regular

Because they are just plain stupid.

With less police traffic patrols (at least it seems that way to me) the chances of them getting stopped and the error of their ways explained to them, are also reduced.

The recent thread on here about booster seat legislation may also throw some light on the answer to your question. Evidentally parents know best, the law doesn't, its all a conspiracy theory. ***** is all I can say

Last edited by Sport160; 14 March 2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 14 March 2006, 12:17 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

retards........its how humans got so clever compared to chimps. Stupid humans kill themselves and familes, clever humans dont.

seat belt laws go against evolution, we should put belts there but allow free choice = more dead stupid people.
Old 14 March 2006, 12:22 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Parked next to a car in my local docs surgery last week, three kids and an adult in the back of the car one being a baby on the lap of the adult, none strapped in in any way, all three kids unbder five and should have been in child seats.

I did not tackle them on this but called the local plod number just to be put on hold for ten minutes, the father or a male anyway came back to the car and drove off before i spoke to anyone. I gave it another two mins on hold then hung up.

I have two kids, they always go out in the car in seats as do us adults (wearing sealtbelts), lead by example!
Old 14 March 2006, 01:04 PM
Karl 227
BANNED

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
I have two kids, they always go out in the car in seats as do us adults (wearing sealtbelts), lead by example!
Well said Over here, in Germany, it was amazing to see that even in larger cities like Cologne, whenever the red man was shown at pedestrian crossings, none of the kids would run across, even if there was a car nowhere to be seen. After a few days of living here we realised why, none of the adults dare disobey the red man either, it really works!!
Old 14 March 2006, 01:47 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Why do you care?

Surely it's a good thing - the parents are thick (they aren't bright enough to make the kids belt up) therefore the kids will be thick too. Feels like a great example of natural selection in action
Old 14 March 2006, 01:55 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Gordo
Why do you care?

Surely it's a good thing - the parents are thick (they aren't bright enough to make the kids belt up) therefore the kids will be thick too. Feels like a great example of natural selection in action
I am not sure why the kids should suffer because the parents do not care enough or are too stupid or spent their money on **** and vodka to buy/put them in seats.

Last edited by The Zohan; 14 March 2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old 14 March 2006, 01:57 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

When I pick up my eldest from school (Reception class), I always see another parent picking up a girl from the same class. She always travels on the knee of the mother sitting up front. Madness.
Old 14 March 2006, 02:00 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
When I pick up my eldest from school (Reception class), I always see another parent picking up a girl from the same class. She always travels on the knee of the mother sitting up front. Madness.

This is fecking annoying, they do know better but choose to believe they are above the law and it will never happen to them perhaps.

Hopefull it won't but it would be a real shame if the kid ended up being crushed to death inside the car or shot through the windscreen!

Some parents are just *****!
Old 14 March 2006, 02:01 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by Gordo
Why do you care?

Know what your saying but unfortunately this type of stupid parents is also the type of person that will absolutely guarantee to sue through one of the "your have an accident and now you can claim", in the event of an accident.
And make a huge fuss over doing it !
And chances are your insurance company will just pay out regardless if you report them for no seatbelts or not !

Time to get back where someone tells them that they are plain stupid, irresponsible and they have no right to claim in the event of an accident as they where negligent!

Richard
Old 14 March 2006, 02:01 PM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

Kids in cars and no belts, why?

Simple mate, ignorance. The parents are ignorant about the danger to their own kids. I think most are now aware of the need to place small infants in rearward facing seats (0 - approx 9 months/9Kg) and then forward facing seats until approx age 4. There is still a lot of ignorance about the need for booster seats for kids, which they should use until they are about 5 foot tall. Without it the lap/shoulder belt doesn't locate properly and the belt can cause the child to suffer internal injuries in case of accident.
Old 14 March 2006, 02:02 PM
Karl 227
BANNED

Originally Posted by rsarjantson
Know what your saying but unfortunately this type of stupid parents is also the type of person that will absolutely guarantee to sue through one of the "your have an accident and now you can claim", in the event of an accident.
You calling AllanB a stupid parent?
Old 14 March 2006, 02:19 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Karl 227
You calling AllanB a stupid parent?
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=499472
Come on Karl - don't confuse people
Old 14 March 2006, 02:25 PM
Karl 227
BANNED

Sorry
Old 14 March 2006, 02:42 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

what is even worse... Also down to ignorance (a little knowledge is a dangerous thing ) is when parents sit a child on their knee and then put the belt around both of them That is so scary. My wife has seen nurses do it
Old 14 March 2006, 08:12 PM
SCOsazOBY
Scooby Senior

i was once driving behind a car that had two girls (about 8yrs) in the back who were fighting each other. It started out as a laugh and then it got out of hand to the point they un fastened their belts so they could have a good go at each other, hair pulling, slaps across the face, pushing the others head back to ful blown punches!

You could see the mother continuing to drive whilst looking in her mirror screaming at them to stop. It was funny to watch but you do think christ that parent isnt watching the road, driving at 30mph and the children dont have seat belts on and are beating the living cr@p out of each other!!!

Scary!