Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Question for the dog owners...

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2006, 05:37 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question for the dog owners...

Young lad and his g/f moved in next door, just before Xmas. Late Jan time, my wife noticed that there were 5 or 6 dog turds left in his garden, so that afternoon she saw him and asked if he wouldn't mind removing them as its:
A. Not very nice.
B. Going to be really unpleasant in the summer if its left.

3 weeks ago, they get another dog. I've just jumped the fence to get the kids football back, and there must be 50-60 dog turds, all over the garden. Its a pea-shigle lawn, not grass, lots of brown leaves left as well, so the turds aren't easy to spot.

My question is, is this normal dog owner behaviour? I've never owned a dog, never lived next to anyone with a dog, so honestly don't know.

I dont want to appear unreasonable, but don't know how to approach it, other than just ask again.

Cheers!
Old 23 March 2006, 05:40 PM
John Catlin
Scooby Regular

Keeps the grass green, and burglars slip on them.
Old 23 March 2006, 05:43 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Of course it's not normal. Do you really need to ask this question?
Old 23 March 2006, 05:46 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

"Late Jan time, my wife noticed that there were 5 or 6 dog turds left in his garden, so that afternoon she saw him and asked if he wouldn't mind removing them "

nor is that normal! I'm surprised he didnt tell her to mind her own business!
Old 23 March 2006, 05:48 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Depends how often the dog ***** Could be picking doggy poo up twice a day (forgetting walkies time) for the next 10 years
Old 23 March 2006, 05:49 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Tiggs
"Late Jan time, my wife noticed that there were 5 or 6 dog turds left in his garden, so that afternoon she saw him and asked if he wouldn't mind removing them "

nor is that normal! I'm surprised he didnt tell her to mind her own business!
Another worthless post by Tiggs.
Old 23 March 2006, 05:50 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flatcapdriver
Of course it's not normal. Do you really need to ask this question?
Can i refer the honourable gentleman to the comment i made, moments ago?

"I've never owned a dog, never lived next to anyone with a dog, so honestly don't know"

Trending Topics

Old 23 March 2006, 06:12 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Can i refer the honourable gentleman to the comment i made, moments ago?

"I've never owned a dog, never lived next to anyone with a dog, so honestly don't know"
Can I refer the honourable gentleman to using a small slice of personal common sense. Does your wife normally go round asking other people to remove things from their garden to suit her tastes?
Old 23 March 2006, 06:38 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Another worthless post by Tiggs.

thats a pity...i was trying really hard to post something you would find worthy.....tool
Old 23 March 2006, 06:51 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Good job it's not a grass lawn. If it were, remember to keep well out of the way when the mow it
Old 23 March 2006, 06:56 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

thats a pity...i was trying really hard to post something you would find worthy.....tool
You posting something worthy? Never, happen will it? You plank.
Old 23 March 2006, 07:02 PM
imprezadan1
Scooby Regular

personally as a dog owner i do try to keep my garden as mess free as possable but like someone said if it craps twice aday and its raining etc sometimes u do get a build up.but if anyone ever had the cheek to tell me to clear it up id just leave it for longer and probably add a few of my own
the nerve of some people

i find a cold frosty morning best cause it makes the crap lovely and solid and easy to pick up
Old 23 March 2006, 07:05 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

You posting something worthy? Never, happen will it? You plank.

doesnt have quite the same effect when people are aggree with my "worthless post" does it....or are they all worthless as well?
Old 23 March 2006, 07:11 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

doesnt have quite the same effect when people are aggree with my "worthless post" does it....or are they all worthless as well?
Tiggs, your appear from your numerous posts to be a fairly well educated man. 50-60 turds is disgusting, and aparts from 1 guy who has said its not norma, and 1 how said he'd in crap his own garden, the rest have been humourous responses, not glowing enorsements of your first post. So, let me ask you this. Would you like to live next to what is effectively an open sewer?
Old 23 March 2006, 07:12 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

....time to sell your house....or failling that, follow the google ads
Old 23 March 2006, 07:19 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

.......sounds like the young couple are not too keen on their garden, dont give a ****!

(Sorry!)
Old 23 March 2006, 07:22 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Tiggs, your appear from your numerous posts to be a fairly well educated man. 50-60 turds is disgusting, and aparts from 1 guy who has said its not norma, and 1 how said he'd in crap his own garden, the rest have been humourous responses, not glowing enorsements of your first post. So, let me ask you this. Would you like to live next to what is effectively an open sewer?

there are 3 issues here:

1 - few turds........lazy

2 - wife moaning about a few turds........sounds like living next to Dot Cotton

3 - lots of turds........disgusting

I find issue 1 to be of little importance and issue 3 to be obvious - hebce i focused on issue 2......the neighbour with a big (and sensative it seems) nose.

now you engage brain and see where i said 50 turds was ok......in fact, find any mention of turds prior to this post.

my offence seems to be spotting the big nose between the turds.....and having been posting on here for years you get used to ignoring the ****e.
Old 23 March 2006, 07:26 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

My neighbour has always had dogs and never cleaned up the garden after them, and to be honest it was never a problem, always biodegraded, if that's the correct term. I never considered asking her to clear up *her* garden, it's not my property, and she would be well within her rights to tell me to sod off.

Having said that, there wasn't an excessive amount of waste lying around, so it is a slightly different situation.

Would I clean up my garden after my dog, well, if it's not raining/snowing, yeah, I probably would, but there would be from time to time a number of turds lying around the garden and to be honest I don't think that's too much of a problem. If I had kids running around, or was expecting people to walk around the garden, of course I'd keep it very clean, but right now, as said, a few turds might be lying around, decomposing nicely

I'd be very careful about saying anything about this to the neighbour, depending on who friendly they are you might find their garden suddenly becomes clean, due to the fact your garden has turned into a dumping ground.
Old 23 March 2006, 07:26 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

I have two Rottweiler puppies. They're just five months, and for the past three months have been taking at least three monster dumps a day in my garden, each! I always leave them at least a day so they can cook in the Texas sun and I can scoop them into the industrial dust pan without breaking the seal!

However, it can build up very quickly, and it does smell in the heat.

I can see your wifes point, but TBH I would have ignored it until it HAD started to smell on your side of the fence. Now it could be a campaign following that comment!

It is very un-hygenic and could lead to problems with that amount....

Wait til they start chucking it over your fence!

In this case, you can safely assume it is not normal, but ignore it until it really starts to bother you in the summer. And don't shake hands with them!
Old 23 March 2006, 07:31 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

there are 3 issues here:

1 - few turds........lazy

2 - wife moaning about a few turds........sounds like living next to Dot Cotton

3 - lots of turds........disgusting

I find issue 1 to be of little importance and issue 3 to be obvious - hebce i focused on issue 2......the neighbour with a big (and sensative it seems) nose.

now you engage brain and see where i said 50 turds was ok......in fact, find any mention of turds prior to this post.

my offence seems to be spotting the big nose between the turds.....and having been posting on here for years you get used to ignoring the ****e.

Now we're communicating, much better. You completely ignored the question I asked, and accused my wife of being abnormal, hence my snotty reply.
So, how many turds should gather on the lawn, before it moves from being lazy to disgusting? My wife, in all fairness to her, only raised it because she didnt want it to become disgusting. Seems fair doesn't it?
Old 23 March 2006, 07:31 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

....this is why cats are soooo much better.

They **** in you neighbours garden, and bury it for you to find while planting the roses
Old 23 March 2006, 07:38 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Now we're communicating, much better. You completely ignored the question I asked, and accused my wife of being abnormal, hence my snotty reply.
So, how many turds should gather on the lawn, before it moves from being lazy to disgusting? My wife, in all fairness to her, only raised it because she didnt want it to become disgusting. Seems fair doesn't it?

if you want to go around pointing out habits to your neighbours that you think may become disgusting........good luck!

what next......when they come home with a Burger King warn them you dont fancy living next to fat ugly people in 10 years time?
Old 23 March 2006, 07:43 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

if you want to go around pointing out habits to your neighbours that you think may become disgusting........good luck!

what next......when they come home with a Burger King warn them you dont fancy living next to fat ugly people in 10 years time?
Can't answer the question uh. Ah well, never mind.

Thanks for all the other responses.
Old 23 March 2006, 07:44 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

cant answer what question?
Old 23 March 2006, 07:46 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

To help you

My question is, is this normal dog owner behaviour?
Old 23 March 2006, 07:50 PM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Build a high fence...You dont look at the turds,but ya cant trespass on there property for your ball back...Theres always a payoff..

Just to say,we have a big german shep,he lays mansize cables that smell that much it would make a pig spew up,but we keep it pretty clean,maybe 6 turds max.But if our neighbours commented on them at all,i would pass the shovel and say "feel free if offended"..

Last edited by fatscoobyfella; 23 March 2006 at 07:54 PM.
Old 23 March 2006, 07:50 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davyboy
To help you

ahhh...that question.

does he think i care?
Old 23 March 2006, 08:05 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Ok, what I'm reading here is that this maybe something we have to put up with, much in the same way in the same way that Tigg's neighbours have to tolerate him.

This is what I was looking for, when i said in my first post that "I've never owned a dog, never lived next to anyone with a dog, so honestly don't know"

Time for the 6 foot fence panels then. Thanks all.
Old 23 March 2006, 08:41 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thing is that although they arent going in the garden the dog/dogs are, they tread in their own crap and then walk it in the house.

I usually clean up after our once a week during winter and more often in summer, its a big garden so they are well scattered, and despite how long you spend looking you always miss about 25 % as I reckon they see you coming and drop under the grass only to pop up again at the sound of a lawnmower.

I heard about somebody who bought a house and found an oil drum at the bottom of the garden, they had a look in it, ten years worth of dog **** left by the previous occupants.
Old 23 March 2006, 08:49 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

LMAO...

So another question for you dog owners, what do you do with it once youve picked it up? pick mine up generally once a week like you J4CKO and more often in the summer (well you have to if your mowing the lawn) and drop them in a carrier bag and leave it in the garage. When the bin needs emptying next it usually gets dropped in there but theres quite alot when you consider what youve picked up when walking the dog in the evenings (2 bags each evening, 7 days a week, 14 bags plus a carrier bag o sh!te is a fair bit to hand over to the bin men )

Heard of something before, a hole in the ground type thing that you pop it in and it has a drain cover, put some sort of acidy type stuff down there that breaks it down and keeps it smelling OK.... Anyone know what Im talking about?

Quick Reply: Question for the dog owners...