Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How Green are you??

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2006, 10:13 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Green are you??

As in organically and environmentally friendly. not how you feel the morning after the night before.

Do you ever think about being green but never really do anything about it.
Or are you an environmental zealot who has a house made of straw and a solar panel for a roof.

Just wondering how green everyone actually is, I'm not really interested in this "climate change" bollox, just working with nature instead of against it.

I think we all use too much "****e" because it's just simply easier.....

Your thoughts on what you'd like to see done about it, what you think about it, how you integrate yourself into clean living.

I'm really interested in this subject.

Andy

Last edited by Fuzz; 22 April 2006 at 10:15 PM.
Old 22 April 2006, 10:38 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I am in no way a believer of the scaremongering BS propogated by bLIAR and his cronies for the sake of raising yet more tax, but I do my bit to make my bills smaller. After all, the mare I save elsewhere, the more cash I have for Optimax in the Scoob

House is adequately insulated, all bulbs are energy savers. Only eat fresh food which saves on packaging and energy use elsewhere.

I hate the constant barrage against the motorist. Only 0.6% of CO2 is produced by human transportation, that's all kind including planes, trains, boats, buses, cars etc. When you consider that a cow excretes the same amount of methane per day as a car produces CO2, but methane is 27x more potent as a greenhouse gas then you start to realise the flaws in the policy. I'd like to see heavy taxation of produce from farms in what was once rainforest, especially levied against companies such as McD's who must be responsible for enormous tracts of devastation in the Amazon area. Industry has a lot to learn too.
Old 22 April 2006, 10:39 PM
SCOsazOBY
Scooby Senior

well im not one of these that approaches the recycle bins at the local supermarket with the car engine running while i dump my cast offs

To be honest im not green fingered at all, and i havent got time to wash out my empty baked beans tin and garbage, so the council can take it away to use it for mass producing their "waste of time and paper" free magazines that they endlessly litter your hallway with
Old 23 April 2006, 12:53 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

Well I try to do my bit. I recycle all our paper and bottles, and every now and then I clear out the cardboard boxes (they do pile up very quickly) and take them to the recycling thingy. I also try to avoid wasting water.

However, I do drive a TVR so I waste an incredible amount of fuel. I think I'd have to plant a rainforest to be "carbon neutral".