Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Facetious, Moi ?

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2006, 07:09 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Facetious, Moi ?

Had a minor run in with my (soon to be ex) boss this morning, I came through the back entrance which is a fire door/disabled entrance, maybe I shouldnt but it backs on to my desk and I had parked nearby so it was the shortest path to my desk, I get collared on the way in and told off, so rather than just say I wouldnt do it again I said that her mates use it so why shouldnt I, she went a little red and started calling me Facetious which I thought was a little uncalled for seeing as I was only saying what I had seen, numerous people in and out of her office via the same door for meetings of an association she belongs to, plus her mates.

Now I may be being a little petty and bloody minded in mentioning that there seem to be double standards but she was livid that I mentioned it, I dont expect that she was suprised that I had noticed people using this door but even though she had in the past told people off why are her visitors and mates are any different, she said it was because they dont have access via the front door. Normally I would have ignored it but seeing as I am leaving I thought it worth mentioning, nearly just got my stuff and f*cked off to be honest but I have promised myself I would see it out and leave on good terms, just irks me (and others) that this kind of thing goes on.

Anyway, not going to make matters worse (Unless she reads SN) and things have been civil all day but was I in the wrong ?
Old 24 April 2006, 07:15 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely not.
If anything, the very reason she gave for her pals using that door infers that they actually shouldn't be on the business premises anyway. Why else can they not use the main entrance?
You stick by your guns matey. On the last day, if any of her pals arrive by that door, just direct them to the main entrance,,,,,,,,,,,, then she'll be justified in calling you facetious, obstreporous and just bloody minded !
Yve
Old 24 April 2006, 07:55 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ASFAIK they are all employees but dont have the correct cards swipe for the door.
Old 24 April 2006, 08:00 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Anyway, any other nuggets you're going to share with her before you go? You know, all the stuff you were thinking but never said because you might get sacked!

Old 24 April 2006, 08:04 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

If they don't have correct access for the main door then they should not be getting in via other methods. I'd say that's a security risk, wonder if the security chaps could be persuaded to stop munching donuts and hang round the door and have a word with superbitch's mates? Might cost you a few donuts to do, and to keep them sweet to you coming in through that door, but could be interesting.