Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

model rockets

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2006, 03:01 PM
suprabeast
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default model rockets

am going to make a model rocket as part of a company competition that we have going on in the summer.

there is a prize for whichever rocket can stay in the air the longest. We are using the size A engines.

Has any one done this before? do you have any interesting ideas on how to keep this thing in the sky as long as possible???
Old 23 May 2006, 03:05 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

make it light and streamilined - fit a **** of engine and a big parachute, job done.

I recon a google wil really help, the yanks are big into this and not just the military.
Old 23 May 2006, 03:05 PM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Location: Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

not sure where you plan on flying but be very careful - there are a lot of restrictions... i know for a fact that Epsom Downs race course is a bad place to fly rockets...

great fun - did it for a while about 6 years ago... got fed up trying to find somewhere that lets you do it though
Old 23 May 2006, 03:12 PM
Neil W
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Miss Kinky]not sure where you plan on flying but be very careful - there are a lot of restrictions... i know for a fact that Epsom Downs race course is a bad place to fly rockets...

Really - I bought one of these last year and launched it a few times at Epsom Downs. Had to be careful of the RC Planes etc but thought I was allowed to launch it there.
Old 23 May 2006, 03:27 PM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Location: Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

suppose they may have changed their minds... last time i was there they were none too impressed and we were asked to leave by a not very friendly security guard. shame really as we had a large crowd watching...