Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

recommendations please - relaxing week in ibiza

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2006, 07:37 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recommendations please - relaxing week in ibiza

never been to ibiza. myself and mrs g are considering going there for a week next month. does anyone have any suggestions re location/accommodation? i would start with the usual holiday opinion web sites (which are very useful and i do contribute to them), but i am looking for a starting point.
not bothered about loud nightlife - just want to sit about and relax for a week. 4/5* recommendations more than welcome
Old 23 May 2006, 07:49 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

San antonio bay is a hell of a lot quieter than san an itself!! Ibiza town is..........interesting

Failing that anywhere else in Ibiza should be relaxing
Old 23 May 2006, 07:59 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

I stayed in a nice hotel in es cana, had a real nice quiet bit of beach next to it and was out of the town area. CAn't remeber what it was called though and a google search didn't help
Old 23 May 2006, 09:15 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

thanks guys. will have a look around the web later for san antonio bay hotels nathan. never seen that smiley used before btw!
Old 23 May 2006, 11:07 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Talamanca is just outside Ibiza Town, one side of the bay is really nice with 5 star beach hotels, nice walks to beach bars / restaurants etc. Bit like James I can't for the life of me remember the name of the decent one (we stayed a few hotels down)
Old 23 May 2006, 11:18 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

me and the wife stayed at the far end of San An Bay last year..absolute cracking time was had.. no touts , no Fejits . just a completely chilled holiday.. one thing you 'must' do is sit over at either Cafe Mambo or Cafe Del Mar ( next to each other) just at sunset.. ( just take your own beer /spirits etc.. DONT buy from the bars or shops nearby .. the price trebles as sunset nears) the Atmosphere is something to behold! Also have a ride on the Water Taxi across the bay.. cool as!
Old 24 May 2006, 12:51 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

thanks nat - that was exactly the sort of link i was after!
Old 24 May 2006, 03:49 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Pikes is the hotel to stay at,

http://www.pikeshotel.com/front/index.php

It's near to San Antonio which is the last place you'll want to go to relax (or have a good time! ) but you could stay at Pikes and easily get around to Playa D'en Bossa and Ibiza Town without too much effort.

There are a hundred beaches that you can find that will be almost deserted and with a hire car and local map it will be pretty easy. I'll post some names of other places as I remember them....
Old 24 May 2006, 07:09 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Got to admit I really wasn't very fond of San Antonio - bits of it are great for clubbing, but the rest was fairly unimpressive IMHO.

For really relaxing, get away from the bigger clubby areas - thre's still some night life at pretty much any of the resort towns, and busses/taxis to the bigger clubs as well. The island isn't so big that you can't go anywhere from anywhere if you feel like a drive. I seem to remember Cala Llonga had a nice beach, Santa Eulalia had nice Marina with big boats and a bit to do. There were some nice beaches and coves etc up on the North East coast as well.

Also worth a drive up the unsurfaced but perfectly OK for normal cars road to the top of the big mountain above San Rafael (forget the name of the mountain, but it's the tallest one on the island). When you come back down, there's a little Tapas bar in San Rafael itself that was great - something like Il Destino or something, from memory. There was also a fantastic but pricey and well hidden place that did a local slant on proper Italian (i.e. not a pizza/pasta place!) in San Miguel that I could find again but couldn't name . . . great multi-course meal, and by the far the best pannacotta I've ever had.
Old 24 May 2006, 08:38 PM
R1916v
Scooby Regular

North of the Island is nice and quiet, San An is not pretty :P The Bay is a lot quieter, stayed there the other year and it was nice.

I love the old town, very nice
Old 24 May 2006, 10:38 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

my machine is a pain in the @rse!. just typed a long reply and deleted it by accident and then typed a second looong reply and it disappeared. i give up - i'll reply properly in the morning. thanks all, your advice is much appreciated
Old 25 May 2006, 12:14 AM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds

As someone already mentioned get a car and a map, there are some great deserted beaches to be found around the island if you can be bothered to seek them out, many with private members areas with a bar/restaurant but don't overlook these, if you walk on in as if you're a regular you're generally made to feel welcome.

For cool chilled bars visit Kumaras round by San An bay or KM5 if you have a car or can get the ride out there. The sunset strip (Cafe del Mar/Mambos etc) is a must do for everyone at least once at sunset or book a table in Coastlines restaurant around sunset and you wont be dissapointed.

Ibiza town must be visited one night, it's a great experience for those that have not visited the island before as is Space if you're into clubbing.