Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Baby or child car seats

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2006, 09:47 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Baby or child car seats

Got my monthly ACP (Portuguese RAC) newsletter and they say there's been a new EuroTest of child seats. I can't find it on the web (yet).

For anyone interested in previous reviews, or child seat safety in general, I liked this: http://www.aatrust.com/index.asp?pageid=28 and tick the "child safety" box, then View reports.

Thought I'd post this as my last few searches didn't reveal much like this on SN.
Old 12 June 2006, 10:02 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard this last weekend, it basically means that the old type of seat can no longer be sold and it could even be deemed to be illegal to sell second hand items that are not bs505?(its something like that) rated, its something to do with how they release from the car and the fact they should be easy to remove without the possibility of inflicting damage to the child in the event of a crash.

j
Old 12 June 2006, 10:06 PM
ben44
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Defo worth checking out before buying a child/baby seat. I never realised before I looked into it about how to fit them correctly.

For instance, if the belt clip is at an angle and is side loaded it will fail in a crash. Always check that wont happen on the model you choose, put the style of the seat second.

Better still, newer cars have a differant fixing system, (ISO - IIRC) Its better than using the seat belts and easier for you to use with the baby seats.

Edited to add, as mentioned above, the medics can remove the child from the car without to much effort or causing any harm, (Like not removing a bikers helmet) with the new system

Last edited by ben44; 12 June 2006 at 10:09 PM.
Old 13 June 2006, 09:14 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Bit confused. (I thought) I posted up about crash test ratings, are you guys talking about ISOFIX seat mountings? Somewhat different...