Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why do child rapists get such lenient sentences?

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2006, 05:45 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Why do child rapists get such lenient sentences?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5073912.stm

This piece of ****e abducted and molested a 3 y/o then

“Sweeney - who was known to the family - had snatched the girl from her home after she had returned home from a shopping trip and while her mother made a telephone call.
He drove her to his Newport flat where he was living after being released early from a three-year sentence for indecently assaulting a girl aged six. There she was sexually assaulted.
She was only found by police hours later in Wiltshire, after a car chase prompted by Sweeney having no lights on his car and jumping red lights.”

So he did it once already, he got out early and does it again and gets 5 ONLY years!?!

“He drove erratically at speeds of up to 100mph with the girl in the car.”
He has no regard for this child or her life.

I am sick of perverts and child sex monsters getting short pathetic sentences. Commit this once and get put away for life meaning life!

It is he children who need protecting and their civil rights upheld not some sick **** who wants to have sex with them!
It is not just about punishment and rehhabillitation it is about protecting the members of society who need it most - Our children!

What a ******* farce the justice (and I use that term lightly) system is.
Not often I have a good word for the HO but yes they do need to intervene if judges se fit to release these animals early of give them a short sentence.

Look, if the law is the problem - CHANGE THE LAW, How many people ar going to protest if you increase the sentance to life meaning life for molesting a child, really how many?.
It is just good judgement and common sense and the right thing to do.

Last edited by The Zohan; 13 June 2006 at 06:23 AM.
Old 13 June 2006, 06:02 AM
OzzyWRX
Scooby Regular

He should have his ***** cut off. Harsh but fair.
Old 13 June 2006, 07:13 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Completely agree Paul, it's a scandal. Sentances generally are too soft, the more severe the crime the worse it seems to get ie even softer sentances. If there is no room in the prisons for criminals then either build more or send these people to foreign countries where there is space in jail for them.

Where's the deterent here ... if the sick ******* knew that they'd face jail for 25 years then they'd probably think on before giving in to their sick, weak minded perversions.

What about the children? Ages 0 to 6 are the very most important years for the development of kids. Something like this will scar them for life ... they will never get over it. This fellow will be out in 2.5 years. Fair? No. Leniant? Sounds like it.

To cap it all, he'd already carried out a similar offence! Why is that not common knowledge? He then goes out and befriends a family with young children! Christ! Where is our protection?

TX.
Old 13 June 2006, 08:06 AM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by OzzyWRX
He should have his ***** cut off. Harsh but fair.
With a pair of bricks covered in salt !
Old 13 June 2006, 08:11 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Life should mean life, if it doesnt then why pass the sentence in the first instance.

And let us not the politicians have a vote on capital punishment.

And as for the do'gooders, well youve had your way for the last 20 years and the place is a mess, so lets try the hardline now for a few years to see if things improve.

Chip
Old 13 June 2006, 08:16 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Paul - he was given life, the problem is that the prison's are all too full so the government would rather deal with criminals in society under license with tags and such rather than build more prisons, so they give them a nominal period in jail and if they behave out they come again. Of course as there aren't too many 3 year olds in prison for this guy to abuse, so he'll probably keep his nose clean, but will reoffend as soon as he's out.
Old 13 June 2006, 08:19 AM
Michaela
Scooby Regular

The prisons are full- thats the problem. As soon as a criminal shows signs of good behaviour then he is released. There's just no justice in this country.
Old 13 June 2006, 08:22 AM
Reality
BANNED

Let's try and get inside the mind of a serial child rapist.

let's say you get caught on every fifteenth kid and after 5 years of offending.

you get a life sentence.

Get out after 5 years.

start your career at say 20.

By the time you get to paedo Glitters age you could have done 60 kids and spent 20 years being looked after by the government.

On the other hand - each of the 60 kids has been given a life sentence meaning life.

Who's getting the better deal - the criminal or the victims ?

ps - don't check the maths - it's for illustration purposes only !
Old 13 June 2006, 08:35 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

We live in a ****-eyed country where murderers can get shorter sentences than those found guiltty of fraud, where people who kill by dangerous driving get shorter sentences than those who go at lunatic speeds but kill no-one.

Where a first time "offender" found guilty of thinking about setting fire to a speed camera, was given a year in prison.

Labour: tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime? I think not

Alcazar
Old 13 June 2006, 08:40 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

There are a couple of facts that have not hit the national press but was covered here in Wales with regards to this piece of filth. The fact that he took the little girl back to his flat which is a paedo refugee, and assaulted her there amongst other filth. When he was being chased he threw the little girl from the car. It was only when the doctors at A & E examined her they realised what she had gone through.
Old 13 June 2006, 09:02 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
There are a couple of facts that have not hit the national press but was covered here in Wales with regards to this piece of filth. The fact that he took the little girl back to his flat which is a paedo refugee, and assaulted her there amongst other filth. When he was being chased he threw the little girl from the car. It was only when the doctors at A & E examined her they realised what she had gone through.

This makes me even sicker than i felt already.

here is no way this piesce of ****e should ever walk free again.

He should be made an example of to minority of sicko's and their do gooder 'its not their fault' morons who see this as normal behaviour that people will not stand for it.

He must have seen this child as just a piece of meat or a toy. How vile and repulsive is that.
I would put him to death or lobotomise him. Job done.

He should never ever be feee again.

I really hope he meets his end in prison.

I canot find the words for this vile piece of ****e and what he h as done.

I just hope the little girl gets over this mentally and physically and gets the help, love support she needs!
Old 13 June 2006, 10:03 AM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

The sentence was actually LIFE, but because he pleaded GUILTY and said he understood what he had done, the Judge declared that he shouldn't be considered for parole for at least 5 years, and only then if he did not pose a significant risk of re-offending.

If he knew and understood what he had done WTF are they doing saying he could be out after 5 years - IMHO, its the worst kind - a calculating, vile piece of sh1te whose guaranteed to reoffend.

The fact that his licence for early release from the previous sex assault on a child had finished 2 days prior to this assault should be an indication of what will happen in the future.

He's done it twice now, please God don't let there be a third
Old 13 June 2006, 12:59 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Had enough of ' justice',judges,police,crime,labour.Same thing over and over again.

What is really so difficult about it? Catch,convict,cull.
Old 13 June 2006, 01:26 PM
Norman D. Landing
Scooby Regular

I won't describe what should be done to this animal and his ilk other than to say that they should be killed, slowly, preferably by the families of the victims.

This of course could never happen in a civilised society and as such serves as a prime example for the re-introduction of the death penalty.
Old 13 June 2006, 01:30 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's ok , out in 5 years , if i was the little girl's father i'd find the ******* and give him my own justice !!!
Old 13 June 2006, 01:35 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by scoobydooooo
that's ok , out in 5 years , if i was the little girl's father i'd find the ******* and give him my own justice !!!
Unfortunately, the warped sense of justice in this country means the father would probably spend longer inside than the scum
Old 13 June 2006, 02:30 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Yep agree with above death sentence, with forensics these days the slack jaw ****** brigade cant use the 'what if its the wrong person'. The deterrent would be enough to reduce crime. Not only is this sentence ridiculous it sents out a message, do this crime and you only get x years in prison. This country is fecked and it just labour who are toothless, any of the main political parties dont have the ***** to implement anything harsh.
Old 13 June 2006, 02:37 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

"The deterrent would be enough to reduce crime."

not this crime...you think this person did this because he thought his sentance if caught would be low?
Old 13 June 2006, 02:38 PM
blip
Scooby Regular

From everything I have ever read about these type of criminals sending them to prison won't stop their depraved sexual urges. What happens to heterosexuals who get sent to prison? Do they lose their attraction to women? Of course not, if anything they spend a huge amount of time fantisising about what they will do to the missus when they get out. So go figure what paedos do in jail?!

So when most criminal psychologists agree that paedo's urges are hard-wired into their brains rather than it being a conscious choice, why do we EVER let them out once they are caught the first time? Just to 'test' whether they will reoffend or not. But at who's risk? Our children. How is that a legitimate gamble to take??? Do it once, get put away, never come out. Simple.

And why are they allowed to call it a 'life' sentence when it is nothing of the sort? This really p*sses me off as it is total misrepresentation. When would you ever be able to label a product or service so misleadingly and get away with it? If an offender is out after 5 years then the sentence wasn't 'life' was it. Obviously it is great PR ammo for the government to use when cooking up their 'tough on crime' bullsh*t figures, but it is misleading to the public when categorising sentences. Why are they still allowed to do it? Drives me nuts!
Old 14 June 2006, 05:34 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to show that this kind of thing isn't exclusive to the UK - read this report about Belgium, today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/5079678.stm
Old 14 June 2006, 05:45 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

bcauses judges like priests are all paedos themselves. ****ing stupid ****s, sometime you have to wonder what these people are thinking.
Old 14 June 2006, 07:43 PM
N1gel 1970
Scooby Regular

the thing is though, he'll be made a rule 43 prisoner and therefore will share a wing with other (similiar) types.

there'll be able to sit around chatting about their 'conquests' whilst watching cbbc's & saturday morning tv
Old 14 June 2006, 09:02 PM
Shy Muppet
Scooby Regular

Location: Dancing around a maypole in the New Forest waving 6 fairy tokens in the air!

These perverts should have the nuts removed and be surgically altered so that their d*cks never work again. Either that or cut the whole lot off and give them a bag to pee into. Fecking animals
Old 14 June 2006, 09:40 PM
stevehacking
Scooby Newbie

Hang em high
Old 15 June 2006, 03:40 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Maybe the judges and the Home Office chiefs are all paedos too!

Les
Old 15 June 2006, 08:24 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

The courts know he will reoffend so I think the death penalty IMHO is the only way to deal with these perverts
Cheers
Colin