Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Is there a paint sprayer in the house??

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2006, 07:10 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Is there a paint sprayer in the house??

I've just bought myself a really good nick Honda VFR750f (motorbike) and being originally from America it had two 'idiot stickers' just in front of the fuel filler, you know the kind of thing "if you don't wear a helmet you might die" and "if you put too much luggage on you might fall off and hurt yourself".

Anyway, thinking these spoiled the look of the tank somewhat, I peeled them off............................big mistake. It seems that the finished bikes are shipped in from Japan minus the stickers, the stickers are applied and then an extra layer of lacquer is applied over the top to stop idiots like me from peeling them off.
I am now left with two sticker sized indentations where the stickers were. There is a layer of lacquer underneath so is there anything I can do to gently remove the extra layer of lacquer around where the stickers were to get rid of the marks? Could it be done professionally?

All suggestions gratefully received.
Old 13 June 2006, 09:35 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The whole tank will be lacquered so the best you could hope for is to feather the edges out a bit. Get some 1200 grit wet and dry, some hot soapy water and gently rub away at the edges, keep rinsing the paper. Then go over it with T-cut and polish. Go steady and try to avoid rubbing through!

Good luck!