Help Needed JUNGLE Giving Me The Runaround

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2001, 11:45 PM
jase555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Help / Advice Needed.

A certain company is pulling my chain. Ordered an item @ £500, after they promise to deliver, change delivery date 8 times, I cancel and speak to Geezer, he says OK , customary to this I send Email, get good from another company next day , sorted.

5 days later, dear sir sorry to say after your email order cannot be cancelled, you will need to recieve and get credit. I say !£""£$£ , should be cancelled gave details get told tuff.

Delivery date comes and goes , 2 invoices sent for goods, for 2 items with same order ref thus invoiced for £1k. Yet goods no despatched, keeping my bank account in OD mode so hopefully order will get rejected.

Where do I go next, dont want to transfer money into account, and then get humped.

ps Switched the order.

Jase
Old 05 November 2001, 05:10 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

If you ordered by credit card, get them to sort it out. Meanwhile write a firm polite letter to the MD explaining the situation, give him a 2 week deadline to respond, otherwise you will be seeking the money back from a small claims court.
Old 05 November 2001, 05:18 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

The joy of credit cards - just phone your credit card company and dispute the transaction.

Never, ever, EVER pay for anything mail order using your debit card.
Old 05 November 2001, 05:21 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

By "Switched" you mean you paid with Switch? Oh God.

Phone your bank and attempt to get them removed from your statement. This is not easy but is possible. Do not accept the standard answer of "we'll send you a form", especially as it's obvious that there's a duplicate transaction been posted.

NEVER pay for anything mail order, or on the Internet, using a debit card. The protection just isn't there. But that doesn't really help you now. Credit cards are wonderful things governed by the consumer credit laws. Debit cards aren't.

Good luck getting this sorted.