Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Selling a house privately - recommended websites and anyone been there...

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2006, 02:45 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling a house privately - recommended websites and anyone been there...

Chaps

Looking to sell soon and with 1 in 5 (apparently) trying to sell privately I'm wondering if it's worth a gamble. I'm happy to do the marketing myself etc as I know that game, but I do understand that there are loads of private sale websites out there.

Anyone on here had good or bad feedback using these sites - and can recommend any. Basically, I'd want the one that has the most number of people visiting as it gives a greater chance of selling. And also, one that is 'not' an estate agent by default, just a conduit to the public so I can get a normal estate agent on the case as well without going against the contract.

Any thoughts would be welcome...

Andy
Old 14 August 2006, 04:12 PM
Goochie
Scooby Regular

www.yourpropertyweb.co.uk

At the moment they only cover a small area in the midlands and charge a flat fee of £90 IIRC to advertise your house.

Several colleagues have sold houses through their website.

Works well if you stand a chance of "passing trade" but may be less useful if you live in a cul-de-sac or close etc.
Old 14 August 2006, 05:55 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

TBH we've just gone through the whole buying a house thing (complete next week ) and we did look at the private sellers. What put us off was the idea of having to deal with the actual people - call me a coward, but personally I'd struggle to haggle over the price with the seller - much easier to go through the agent and let them take the grief.

As I say, a purely personal viewpoint - there are probably many out there who wouldn't be bothered by that at all.

As for selling - we wanted to sell quickly so we wanted maximum exposure. The private sale sites may have a lot of traffic, but I doubt they're up there with RightMove's 10 million hits per week.

Selling often works to the rule of 10's. 10 views on the website = 1 person asking for full details. 10 full details = 1 viewing. 10 viewings = 1 offer. Not an exact science, but often there or thereabouts.

Good luck!