And The Winner is SONY!

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2006, 10:29 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default And The Winner is SONY!

With their Playstation3 ....... why?? Well one reason above all others:-

Compatible with all Playstation and Playstation 2 games!!

The PS2 took the market because it played all the old PS1 games!!

They have done it again!

Very clever!!

Pete
Old 01 September 2006, 10:34 PM
mindcontrol
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pslewis

They have done it again!

Very clever!!

Pete
I hope this is ture i have a massive backlog of ps2 games i would not want to sell.
Old 01 September 2006, 10:35 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Don't overlook the Wii old boy

Full downloadable back catalogue of all Nintendo games

360 has support for original XBox games too, although downloads required to support them, but an ever increasing list.

Thought you were too old for games

And yes, buy that Skyline.....I would
Old 01 September 2006, 10:38 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Big deal, a PS2 is worth about 40 quid so you might as well hang on to it, plus all out Xbox games work on the 360, a lot of them have the download already on the HD.

Plus you can buy one now, how long before the PS3.
Old 01 September 2006, 10:56 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Are they gonna go ahead with the copy and license protection they originally wanted though The one where discs only work in the first player they're ever put into If they do this then you can kiss goodbye to PX-ing your old games for discounts on new, selling them on flea-bay, lending them to mates, and WTF will you do if your machine goes faulty as none of your discs will work on your replacement player They want the same system on BlueRay too

I feckin hate Sony with a passion

Last edited by corradoboy; 01 September 2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01 September 2006, 11:01 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

LOL!! Keep dreaming Pete.

Sony dropped the ball with the PS3. End of.

Dan
Old 02 September 2006, 12:08 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

PS3 is a disaster before it's even launched. Performance below it's spec, late, expensive and no better than the Xbox 360 anywhere. Bye, bye Sony (this is from a die-hard PS and PS2 fan)

Trending Topics

Old 02 September 2006, 08:16 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

must admit, i was a die hard sony fan as well, and i am waiting for the ps3 launch, just so i can go out and buy a cut price xbox 360
Old 02 September 2006, 09:08 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Are they gonna go ahead with the copy and license protection they originally wanted though The one where discs only work in the first player they're ever put into If they do this then you can kiss goodbye to PX-ing your old games for discounts on new, selling them on flea-bay, lending them to mates, and WTF will you do if your machine goes faulty as none of your discs will work on your replacement player They want the same system on BlueRay too

I feckin hate Sony with a passion
no, now confirmed as not going to happen due to public concerns (see if you make enough fuss it can happen) mind you you can bet they looked at it!!

(as reported in the press this week)

Mart
Old 02 September 2006, 09:27 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

They have done it again!

Very clever!!

Pete
I've never seen such a misguided statement.

Sony have lost it big time with the PS3, okay it may take time for MS to take market share with the 360 but they're certainly going in the right direction.

In my opinion, Microsoft coming into the games console market was the best thing for us, the consumer.

Hopefully, Sony will take a big hit with the PS3 and they may learn from a bad mistake.

As much as people love to hate Microsoft you've got to admit they got it bang on with the 360 in terms of product, online connectivity and even price.

Old 02 September 2006, 09:28 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mindcontrol
I hope this is ture i have a massive backlog of ps2 games i would not want to sell.
OMG

Can some explain something to me??

Why would you spend £300+ on a new games console and want to play older games from the PS2??

You may as well just keep your PS2

Old 02 September 2006, 10:22 AM
PG
Scooby Regular

I think it will be a Wii for Mii
Given how much better the the DS is compared to the PSP in the gameplay stakes if the Wii v PS3 is on par then the Wii should come out on top.
Horses for courses though.
Old 02 September 2006, 11:12 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hanley
I've never seen such a misguided statement.
Try finding 'other posts by pslewis' then!
Old 02 September 2006, 11:31 AM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

there will be some lucky traders that shorted sony stock recently then! If this is a common belief on the run up to christmas then along with the laptop battery issues i think Sony shares are only going to continue down. now wheres the number for my fund manager

Andy
Old 02 September 2006, 11:59 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Yes backward compatibility is no great thing, I remember buying a PS2 and thinking great I can play my PS1 titles but they just looked $hit, all the consoles offer this facility as it promotes lock-in.

However saying Sony has lost the game is wrong, they are still the dominant player and have the lions share of the market, yes they have floundered but we're talking about Sony here not some little hong kong back street electronics company.

M$ are catching up slowly and will continue to do so but the 360 has been mediocre so far with availability of consoles good even from day one, Ive been a sony fan boy but yes for the money the 360 is probably the better deal.
Old 02 September 2006, 12:01 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

lol @ Pete's grip on all things techno - you're only about 3 years late with that titbit...
Old 02 September 2006, 01:54 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Too expensive, too late and only for fanboys, the CHavs have the PS2 and most gamers have a 360 already.
Old 02 September 2006, 01:59 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

the 360 is ****ing boring, rehashed XBOX ****e. Its just basically better graphics. I dont reall give a **** about graphics its the gameplay that counts. PS3 and WII will have much betetgr games than that 360 ****e which brings nothing new to the table game play wise.
Old 02 September 2006, 02:55 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

what are these "all-conquering" gameplay games then?

The 360 is getting there. Sounds like you need to get over your Microsoft prejudices......

And FWIW - to eveybody else - it's just clicked. What does Pete do best?

Get a rise out of people.

LOL!! Well done mate!!

Dan (can't believe I actually rose to the bait - must have caught me off-guard!!)
Old 02 September 2006, 03:20 PM
mindcontrol
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Hanley
OMG

Can some explain something to me??

Why would you spend £300+ on a new games console and want to play older games from the PS2??

You may as well just keep your PS2

Im going to, but if i can play them on the new console, when i fancy a play i can stick them in, saves me changing things around and setting up the old ps2
Old 02 September 2006, 11:46 PM
Tuts
Scooby Regular

Audi lover is just after a rise like pete but Ill bite as he has no idea what he is talking about!

Game play wise the ps3 will bring what exactly?

Sony have lost some exclusive titles to microsoft now. Microsoft have even signed up some of the biggest names into 360 only exclusivity deals.

The wii is something new but it is very japanese, ie the style of gaming is aimed at the jap market and is unlikely to take off over here. I think as far as the rest of the world is concerned it will be a ps3/360 battle.

Microsoft already has a working online system which will also be pc compatible once vista goes live with pc/360 compatible games on the way aswell. The 360 makes an excellent media center extender aswell, I can record tv and watch films on my pc on the tv in the lounge. Sony can't match this.

Sony had some good features planned for the ps3 which have now all been dropped as they couldn't be implemented properly. They then slagged ms for releasing a basic version of the 360 as well as the full fat, but the last I heard there will be 3 versions of the ps3. Unlike microsoft where you just buy a hard drive you will not be able to upgrade a basic ps3 to a premium one.

Having swapped from sony to xbox I would say I don't have any brand loyalty. I will simply buy the best console that gives the best game content and graphics available. If the ps3 is vastly superior with much better graphics/gameplay/online system then I will consider one but from what I have seen, sony have really dropped the ball on this one.
Old 03 September 2006, 12:00 AM
island991
Scooby Regular

as previously i expect the nintendo Wii will be on par if not the best graphically amd superbly playable, but will be let down by the lack of games as previous incarnations. Used to love the N64 but since ISS soccer and goldeneye its all been to badly supported. Ive loved the ps2 but i also feel the 360 may be the way to go. also who wants to wait till 2007 to play the new pes/fifa games?!!
Old 03 September 2006, 12:31 AM
Tuts
Scooby Regular

Microsoft have signed pro evo 6 and fifa 2007 as xbox 360 exclusive titles so you won't be playing either on a ps3!

They will be released late sept/oct I believe.
Old 03 September 2006, 12:49 AM
island991
Scooby Regular

thats what i mean (should have put 2008 though!!). why shell out big money for the ps3 then find out some HUGE games wont be out for another year or two till the next ones
Old 03 September 2006, 12:52 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

The Wii is set to wee wee on the stupidly expensive PS3, and it will.
Old 03 September 2006, 01:05 AM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Sony could always slap together its own football game. The PS3 will **** on the 360, and it is aimed at us bread winners who can actually afford one.

I had a xbox and still have a PS2. Only reason why I got the xbox was for halo and forza. I then got bored of those games pretty quickly and gave my xbox away. I have a 360 but foookin hell its nothing special. Yeah its alot more powerful yada yada yada but in the end its basically the same to the fookin xbox. Who remebers the snes and N64? Now that console had tons of classics. The 360 doesnt really have any games on it that would make a person be like "damn I got to get the 360 so I can play that game".

Even though the xbox was alot more powerful than the PS2 99% of the games on it couldnt hold a candle to PS2 games, because the japanese just simply make games much better than yanks.

Also the PS3 will have blueray more than enough of a reason to get it, added to the fact that most 360 games still play at a ****ty laughable 30FPS.
Old 03 September 2006, 02:01 AM
King RA
BANNED

I'm sorry but you can tell an xbox and a ps2 owner long before you know which consoles they own. PS2 owners are ill informed idiots (the earlier comment likening them to chavs holds true here) that seem to think their piece of outdated crap is still and always has been the best. Xbox owner stand out becuase you can have an educated converstation with them, without them feeling the need to act superior.

This statement is true.
Old 03 September 2006, 09:03 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

To be fair AudiLover is correct: the 360 is let down by it's current game selection. Oblivion is probably the only one currently worth upgrading for and Halo 3 should be awesome along with Gears of War, but otherwise the games are pretty but no great move on from earlier games.

Bluray is an advantage for PS3 but no one knows whether this or HD-DVD will become the market leader so it's a moot point right now. I suspect that if Bluray wins the war andit becomes standard, MS will just release a plug in Bluray player. If HD-DVD wins the war, Sony are stuffed

So far I haven't seen a "killer app" for either 360 or PS3. I still think Sony have dropped the ball big time on this one, though.
Old 03 September 2006, 10:41 AM
Tuts
Scooby Regular

You still haven't answered the question audi......What will the ps3 bring that is different from the ps2 apart from better graphics?

At least ms has all the good games signed up. Just wish they would release them rather than holding off until sony launch the ps3.

On a few of the latest titles the 360 has been capped to provide a sustained 30fps. This is to maintain guaranteed smooth gameplay whilst maintaining a high quality of textures. Don't forget this is in high def so it is 30fps progressive which is twice the frame rate of the ps2 and xbox which were interlaced.

Even sony arent even claiming 60fps on all their titles and this has been shown with some pre released demos at shows.

The only things sony had going for it was exclusive titles but they can't even claim that now.

Last edited by Tuts; 03 September 2006 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03 September 2006, 11:14 AM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

I don't own either console, so have no side to take, but you've got to take your hat of to MS....

Major battle with the Apple, with MAC users proclaiming how awesome and better that technology is, and now with Sony, whose PS owners seem to be following the MAC owners line against MS..

Both of which I'd argue they were winning...

Quick Reply: And The Winner is SONY!