Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

ouija boards

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2006, 12:51 AM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ouija boards

for some strange reason i have recently been reminiscing about when me and a few mates would gather round a ouija board.

we would usually go in a mates house whilst his/her parents were out, cut out the alphabet letters and numbers use a glass and scare ourselves half to death when things happened.............or did they

i remember being genuinely scared and would never do the board in my house but i cant remember exactly what scared us so much, did anything really happen or was it all our imaginations.

did/does anybody else use ouija boards and have you any genuine scarey stories.
Old 02 September 2006, 12:53 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Yup. Even now, 16 years on me and my mates argue about who actually moved the glass.

Glad we moved from that house.
Old 02 September 2006, 12:54 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole! I don't see the point of playing about with things you don't understand - what IF something does happen, etc
Old 02 September 2006, 12:57 AM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole! I don't see the point of playing about with things you don't understand - what IF something does happen, etc
like what?
Old 02 September 2006, 01:00 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bob r
like what?
You could scratch your table with the glass.
Old 02 September 2006, 02:00 AM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

they do actually work its playing with things people dont understand properly is dangerous. most people make a joke out it but its not really anythin to laugh at
Old 02 September 2006, 02:17 AM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

I have never used one, as it is the un known and I don't want to dabble as I have heard too many strange things about them

Trending Topics

Old 02 September 2006, 07:07 AM
slagmagnet69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bob r
for some strange reason i have recently been reminiscing about when me and a few mates would gather round a ouija board.

we would usually go in a mates house whilst his/her parents were out, cut out the alphabet letters and numbers use a glass and scare ourselves half to death when things happened.............or did they

i remember being genuinely scared and would never do the board in my house but i cant remember exactly what scared us so much, did anything really happen or was it all our imaginations.
You big wuss

HaHa! I remember when you cut your finger and we smeared blood everywhere and wrote a scary message aimed at Paul Breakey in order to warp him for life - think we were too late on that note tho.

Hope your not having bad dreams Bob.
Old 02 September 2006, 08:09 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

not for me TBH

we did one in a mates house while at school, i never believed any of it, did the usual "is carls mam a slag" "has kip got a little dick" stupid questions etc etc

i asked the board "what computer game am i going to buy tomorrow

S
U
P
E
R
C

at this point i took my finger off and started laughing, it was all a crock of ****, i was going to buy powerdrive for my spectrum, i had saved up the right amount of cash over a few weeks, i left them to it.

next day i forgot all about the previous day and went into town, walked to the games shop, they never had powerdrive in stock

came home with "super cars 2"

had the most eerie feeling while on the train back home when i remembered the previous days events, ended up very scared on the train, came home asap and told my mam what happened, she went nuts, all my mates never touched them either after that TBH

very bizarre
Old 02 September 2006, 09:56 AM
MBK
Scooby Regular

From a psychotherapy point of view best left well alone unless you know what you are doing....otherwise you end up seeing people like me to help sort your mind out again!

Plenty of books and web pages about them to satisfy curiosity.
Old 02 September 2006, 10:03 AM
Dieseldog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stephb1986
they do actually work its playing with things people dont understand properly is dangerous. most people make a joke out it but its not really anythin to laugh at
Is watching Charmed okay?

< snigger mode off >
Old 02 September 2006, 10:29 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
not for me TBH

we did one in a mates house while at school, i never believed any of it, did the usual "is carls mam a slag" "has kip got a little dick" stupid questions etc etc

i asked the board "what computer game am i going to buy tomorrow

S
U
P
E
R
C

at this point i took my finger off and started laughing, it was all a crock of ****, i was going to buy powerdrive for my spectrum, i had saved up the right amount of cash over a few weeks, i left them to it.

next day i forgot all about the previous day and went into town, walked to the games shop, they never had powerdrive in stock

came home with "super cars 2"

had the most eerie feeling while on the train back home when i remembered the previous days events, ended up very scared on the train, came home asap and told my mam what happened, she went nuts, all my mates never touched them either after that TBH

very bizarre

The ghost of Dominic Diamond was present them !
Old 02 September 2006, 11:06 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Powers we don't understand? What a load of b0llocks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_effect
Old 02 September 2006, 11:09 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

I once spoke with JFK during a Oija board session and found out who shot him.
Old 02 September 2006, 12:02 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by slagmagnet69
You big wuss

HaHa! I remember when you cut your finger and we smeared blood everywhere and wrote a scary message aimed at Paul Breakey in order to warp him for life - think we were too late on that note tho.

Hope your not having bad dreams Bob.
the scarey message worked then, i feel terrible now, have you seen the state of the bloke.
Old 02 September 2006, 12:17 PM
Nick100
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TopBanana
Powers we don't understand? What a load of b0llocks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_effect
Certainly believe in dowsing - possibly similar - your hand/body detects something and makes your hands move to give the response.

I read a very interesting book called Walking on Water by Edwin Taylor. He is about 80 and has been water dowsing for years. He does it commercially, normally just to cover his costs. I know someone who employed him to find water on a farm. He asked where they would like the water to be, and then started looking around. He not only found an excellent supply of water very near the desired spot but was also able to tell them exactly (within a yard or two) the depth at about 80 yards down. They drilled and found water exactly where he said. This is a personal account from a friend and the book covers many more times when this has happened. I convinced myself about 25 years ago I could do it, but haven't tried since then.

Never done ouija though !
Old 02 September 2006, 01:14 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

My Mum forbid me to use them or be anywhere near them ..... when I was 11 some lads had one under the stairs at school.

I watched from the back as they asked it questions, 4 children touched the glass .... things happened to them over the next few years and none actually made it to the last day of school

Its the same thing/force as when you can lift a 30 stone man with your single finget after hoverring hands above his head!! I've seen it and done it - these things need to be left well alone ..... we don't understand them!

Pete
Old 02 September 2006, 01:20 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Keep seeing this phrase in this thread...."...unless you know what you're doing...."Would anyone actually know what they were doing with one of those things?
After all, you're dealing with the "unkown".
Yve
Old 02 September 2006, 02:06 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

My Mum died just over 5 years ago very young (53) so her recollection of her life up until then was perfect. She used to tell me that as a teenager her and 3 or 4 female friends became obessessed with Ouija and dabbled a every few weeks. Nothing much ever happened but the glass did always move.

She said they suddenly stopped one day when they 'connected' with somebody who in my Mum's own words 'was very nice and polite at the beginning but who they grew very violent and angry'. The guy mentioned a murder (my mum lived in Brixton at the time and I seem to recall my mum said the alleged location was somewhere like Twickenham - not a million miles away). I can't remember all the details exactly but recall the 'person' they spoke with said the victim lay underneath a base of a shed at the house he had lived at and his wife was not aware (i.e. hadn't been a participant).

This was in the days of phone books in telephone boxes etc. so my Mum (always the cocky one) phoned the alleged murder victim by looking through the book. Im still not sure about this next bit but my mum swore on her life she wasn't lying (could explain events in later years I suppose...) but the woman who answered was quite distressed and said the man my mum was asking after was her husband and that he hadn't been there for a couple of years, and in fact didn't know where he was.....

It may have been a lesson intended to scare the s*** out of me, but to this day I still genuinely believe what my Mum had told me...

My theory? It blows my mum's story out of the water but I read somewhere once that humans only use about 10% of our potential brain capacity. I strongly believe we have skills we'd never even imagine hidden deep away - do a Google on 'remote viewing' to see what I mean (the Americans are said to have exploited this in Vietnam).

Spooky sh**!

R
Old 02 September 2006, 04:47 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
The ghost of Dominic Diamond was present them !
not sure j4cko

all i know is that it was a little to freaky for me, and i wont touch them again, i had my heart set on powerdrive as well, it was getting reviews of around 92% IIRC

i have read a lot of web pages about them, including the ones where you move the glass yourselves, but i wanted fooken powerdrive
although supercars 2 turned out to be a dam good game, and i still have it on cassette under my bed
Old 03 September 2006, 04:23 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

The DCI aint fraid of no ghost....!

Old 03 September 2006, 10:14 PM
lordlucan
Scooby Regular

Many yrs ago tried one with a g/f, nothing happened. Next day found the glass still in one piece but all shattered.... Never ever seen a glass like it before as it was whole. That told us not to mess and did frighten us.

J
Old 03 September 2006, 10:21 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Seeing as I live right beside a graveyard, doubt it's a wise thing to do here!
Old 03 September 2006, 10:21 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

How on earth would something like that happen?
Old 03 September 2006, 10:25 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
The DCI aint fraid of no ghost....!

http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/7821/wdxaj7.png
now my desktop...
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I used to do it loads and I have ended up in limbo, trapped in a sad **** Subaru owners club website.

A lesson to us all I think you will agree.
Maz
Scooby Senior

My brothers mates tried it once. They were never the same afterwards.
Old 03 September 2006, 10:27 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

What really happens to people when they use these things?
Old 03 September 2006, 10:40 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by D.K.1
What really happens to people when they use these things?
Their I.Q. drops by fifty points.
Old 03 September 2006, 10:47 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

Good job I have never done it then

Quick Reply: ouija boards