Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone into Wakeboarding?

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2006, 03:32 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone into Wakeboarding?

Had a few goes as a teenager (over 10 years ago) but me and my mate thought it would be nice to take it up so joined Taplow Water Ski and Wakeboard Club on the A4 between Maidenhead and Slough.

Small club but very friendly. Got up straight away and thought Id pick some moves up relatively quickly but I must admit its a steep learning curve. Trying to go two nights a week and get a couple of tows in each time.

Actually listened to people for once and didnt dive in and buy a board straight away. Have ridden several members boards and its amazing how different they all feel. Most comfortable to far is a Hyperlite State 140.

Any other wakeboarders on here?

Simon
Old 02 September 2006, 05:00 PM
Recaro
Scooby Regular

No, but I'd like to be.

Tried it and I struggled to get up. It was a cable system so you had to sit on the side and with your legs up waiting for the handle to be pulled. Tried it 3/4 times and just kept falling down.

I can waterski and snowboard, but wakeboarding seems to be a mystery to me.

I really fancy a go on a kite board, but I think you need to be able to wakeboard before you try it.
Old 02 September 2006, 10:44 PM
Franx2
Scooby Regular

Location: Known as 'Franx' before my password stopped working....
Smile

Originally Posted by Recaro
I really fancy a go on a kite board, but I think you need to be able to wakeboard before you try it.
I always thought being able to fly the kite was the main thing - then move onto mountain boards etc, then onto kiteboards

I tried a kite once. Ended up being dragged head first down the beach by the bloody thing. So much power . Didn't enjoy it at all, but I think if I tried a smaller one and learned to fly it properly it'd be better
Old 02 September 2006, 11:09 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Used to do quite a bit on lakes, not so much these days though as it's normally too choppy when we go out on the sea
Old 03 September 2006, 09:50 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

We're wakeboarders, me, the wife & 2 kids - all ski & board. Kids are 9 & 8 and both been boarding for 3 years.

Usually on a local lake - used to use the sea, but it's too much hassle. Generally take the boat over to France in the summer too - some great lakes over there.