Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The World Trade Centre. Movie

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2006, 05:56 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The World Trade Centre. Movie

Well, they've been and gone and done it. Made THE movie.
5 years down the line and they couldn't help themselves.

Oliver Stone is responsible for it, Nicholas Cage stars.
To give Mr Cage his due, he is donating his fee to the Hurricane Katrina fund.

But am I alone in thinking this is a crass idea?
I for one, will not be watching it. The memories are far too fresh in the mind and personally speaking, I think the dead and their loved ones should be left in peace.

Yve
Old 03 September 2006, 06:58 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

AFAIK the film is about the collapse of the towers, and subsequent rescue of 2 NY firefighters, from under the rubble.
Its had some good reviews in the US ( some bad ones as well ) and while the subject matter as a whole could be considered disturbing, I'll go and see it with an open mind. I like Oliver Stones work, and Nic Cage is a interstign actor.
Old 03 September 2006, 06:59 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

It's only timing really. There's tons of films about disasters, war etc. Maybe they should have waited another 10 year I dunno. Doesn't offend me but I'm not really bothered and won't be watching it, I suspect it'll be typical american over-sensionalisation (have I just made up a word there? )
Old 03 September 2006, 07:55 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

I believe before they released it to the public in America they asked the loved ones of those killed to view it 1st and I read on the whole they were happy for the film to be made public as it shows what really happened and shown how brave those that died really were. I for one will be watching it in the cinema (prob crying my eye's out!!)
Old 03 September 2006, 08:19 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

who wants to download it for free?
Old 03 September 2006, 08:23 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

It'll probably be watered down, good ol' usa we are the best at rescueing and being the best drivel! It will have gone through numerous re-writes on the story and endings, I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to stop the towers tumbling at the end!
Lets not forget, according to yank cinema, they won the ww2 singlehanded!
Old 03 September 2006, 08:31 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

yanks think theyre the best at everything. I cant wait for their economy to **** up.

"we have the most powerful army in the world, therefore my country is the best in the world"

"american runs you, our army is the most powerful in the world and if you dont do as we say we will nuke you"

Fcukin hate the average american. They havent got a clue.
Old 03 September 2006, 08:39 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Don't think it is crass to make the movie. They've made films about every major incident / war / disaster, so why not this? Perhaps because it is only 5 years ago, it is still very real memorable to a lot of people. I sat and watched the 9/11 5th Anniversay doc on C4 last night (shot by the French brothers Jules and Gedeon Naudet) and it has to be one of the most amazing things I've ever seen on TV.

I can fully understand why they would want to take that story and turn it into a film. Of course with Oliver Stone there are always political over tones and consipracy theories which may ultimately undermine the film - we'll have to wait and see. I'll have a chat with my boss at work - he's good mates with Nic Cage (seriously!), see if we can get his opinion

Last edited by Chris L; 03 September 2006 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03 September 2006, 08:47 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by AudiLover
yanks think theyre the best at everything. I cant wait for their economy to **** up.
That might not be a long wait A septic posting on another forum I visit stated that Dubya has spent $1.05t since coming to office, the previous 42 (I think ) presidents combined managed a total of $1.03t
Old 03 September 2006, 09:04 PM
scooby_me
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
who wants to download it for free?
ME!
Old 03 September 2006, 09:33 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
That might not be a long wait A septic posting on another forum I visit stated that Dubya has spent $1.05t since coming to office, the previous 42 (I think ) presidents combined managed a total of $1.03t

good teach those dumb ********* who think that they are some sort of gods. It just not fair that the average american is sooo fcukin stupid, whilst countries that actually work hard and have some intelligence as a whole are living in poverty.

Long live England
Old 03 September 2006, 09:38 PM
scooby_me
Scooby Regular

Nice one i knew that 1 year rapidshare account would come in handy (the things you get as presents!!!) :-0

Darren
Old 03 September 2006, 11:31 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

the quality listed on there would do me just fine TBH. Only because im am viewin on the pc
Old 04 September 2006, 11:58 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

I think the Hollywood screenplay writers were rubbing their hands with glee even before the second plane hit.
Old 04 September 2006, 01:12 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

is there another one out there or maybe theyve changed it but i thought this was going to be sickly sentamental trash until i heard British Director Michael Winterbottom (welcome to sarajevo/the road to guantanamo) was doing it, so i thought maybe it wont be that bad.
Stone will put an interesting twist on it but why the f Cage, they should have an unknown cast. Having one big name in it just stands out & is completely wrong. OK and whats the poster going to be like, hmm not a big close up of cage by any chance its not like he saves the day...oh unless the 10 script writers after the 10th re-write decide that he (passenger D0) diverts the planes and flies it into Binlardens cave...queue Jerry bruckheimer explosions and gasp nooo cage didnt die did he? nooooo...low pan of hoooge explosions...horray! cage emerges (in slo-mo of course) from the flames...who'd have guessed.....zzzz
Old 04 September 2006, 01:19 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

A **** movie based on Lie's a deceit.

Bet they don't show Tower 7 being pulled for having a fire on 2 floors. Oh, yes. and taking 2 hours instead of 2 months to set all the charges

Tower 7 was untouched by either Plane of debris, yet it caught fire on 2 floors. Neither top floors either.
Wonder if they'll show the top of Tower 2 falling off, yet the rest of the Tower folds like a pack of cards, or a controlled explosion.

One for the true Voters Sorry, meant the true believer's (believe whatever the US Government tell them).

Que the Fact brigade.
Old 04 September 2006, 06:21 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

when is it due over here
Old 04 September 2006, 06:27 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by stilover
A **** movie based on Lie's a deceit.

Bet they don't show Tower 7 being pulled for having a fire on 2 floors. Oh, yes. and taking 2 hours instead of 2 months to set all the charges

Tower 7 was untouched by either Plane of debris, yet it caught fire on 2 floors. Neither top floors either.
Wonder if they'll show the top of Tower 2 falling off, yet the rest of the Tower folds like a pack of cards, or a controlled explosion.

One for the true Voters Sorry, meant the true believer's (believe whatever the US Government tell them).

Que the Fact brigade.
I have *no* idea what you're talking about there...
Old 04 September 2006, 06:29 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Bet the septics hated the fact they couldn't have an Englishman as a feckin bad guy for a change.....