Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

E-Bay Dispute

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2006, 08:38 PM
Technics
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Bay Dispute

I recently bought a Radio Controlled Model Aircraft on (E-Bay shop New)) but when it arrived i found a part damaged (Wing Strut) and in general the model was in a poor condition. I contacted the seller and returned the item within an hour of receipt. After two weeks the seller agreed to repay me by paypal that day but nothing received. I started a paypal dispute but the seller did not respond to my mail or to that from paypal. Paypal are now deciding on the outcome. I now find that the seller has left me negative feedback stating that the item was returned to them unopened. How do I stand with this: The only way I would know that it had a broken wing strut would be to have opened the box. Also my letter of complaint was sent back within the packaging.
In all. I have lost my 100% feedback and because I have only 26 items, this has put me down to 96% and it seems the seller , who has had 88 negative feedbacks in 1 year, is free to lie to paypal. How do I stand ???????
Old 14 October 2006, 08:43 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

send this exact posting to ebay, stating the unfairness of the situation...

but dont be surprised at a)the slowness of ebay to respond and b)their blatant disregard for what goes on in their system...
Old 14 October 2006, 08:45 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

whats the guys user name? maybe we can all send lots of stupid questions?
Old 14 October 2006, 09:28 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

He had 88 negative feedback comments and you still did business with him?!
Old 14 October 2006, 10:52 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a similar experience with a bad ebayer when my sister borrowed my account. I emailed ebay stating the problem and that the user had 400 yes 400 bad feedbacks against their name and they when they receive bad feedback they leave bad feedback as retaliation. I said that he's making a joke of the system because I now won't leave bad feedback because he'll ruin my rating. What did ebay say? Leave him bad feedback, you'll get feedback but don't worry about it I stuck to my original plan and haven't left feedback.

My sister did get a bollocking for using that seller!
Old 14 October 2006, 11:05 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Interesting question just wonder if there is anything this guy can do to get his money back ?? how long will paypal keep this thing going for / when do they decide he will be refunded ??
Old 14 October 2006, 11:26 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
He had 88 negative feedback comments and you still did business with him?!
yup that is what i thought

Trending Topics

Old 15 October 2006, 08:14 AM
scunnered
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A Paypal dispute must be opened withing 45 days of the auction. The dispute will stay open for 20 days unless it's resolved. During this time the seller and buyer should enter into communications with each other. It can be escalated to a claim at any time during these 20 days. If the dispute is not resolved within this time frame it should be escalated to a claim anyway. Paypal will then decide on the outcome based on whatever communications have been sent between buyer and seller.
Old 15 October 2006, 09:39 AM
Technics
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for your comments - It seems E-Bay are not really interested in customer services at all. I have started a paypal dispute and at present I'm waiting for their decision as to whether I get my money back. Hopefully I will. As for the advice about using a seller with 88 negative feedback - my son said the same thing. The problem was, the seller showed a feedback rating of 97% which isn't too bad but that was against several thousand small items - it's only when you read through them all when you see what kind of person the seller is. Still, lesson learned, I'll be more careful in future.
By the way, if the paypal dispute goes in my favour, do paypal automatically transfer this money to me or is it up to the seller (In which case I wouldn't stand a chance of getting it back.)
Old 15 October 2006, 11:04 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Technics
As for the advice about using a seller with 88 negative feedback - my son said the same thing. The problem was, the seller showed a feedback rating of 97% which isn't too bad but that was against several thousand small items - it's only when you read through them all when you see what kind of person the seller is. Still, lesson learned, I'll be more careful in future.
That's how my sister got caught, she saw 99% but didn't see that they had thousands of feedbacks so it hid the 400+ negatives She also didn't bother to read any of them

The thing is that I'm sure they don't really want to get rid of people like that because of the amount of business they do through ebay but I might be cynical.

Here's the seller she used eBay Member Profile for drstevew
Old 15 October 2006, 11:57 AM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

If the buy is a buiness he is obliged to refud you under consumar law. If the goods are not of merchantable quality he must refund you.

I would suggest requesting his contact details via ebay and then writing to him via recorded delivery giving him 14 days to make full payment. If his feedback is untrue or misleading I would also ask him to withdraw this as the represents a false risrepresentation of your character also knows as slander.

I had a similar incident with a seller that sent me something that was not as advertised and the guy behaved like a pen1s. Funnily enough he has not changed his Id a few times.

If you paid by Paypal my understanding is you are covered by ebays standard protection. I would try contacting them via email and chasing them until resolved as well as writing to the seller.

Feel free to post the sellers id on here and maybe yours and the Scoobynet community can ask this guy some questions too !

AllanB
Old 15 October 2006, 07:54 PM
Technics
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for all the advice. I've now made a formal complaint to E-bay regarding the feedback so it's now a case of patiently waiting for a reply from both them and paypal.
The seller, by the way , is an E-bay shop run by a Sharon Whittington - E-bay I/D "2sharon10". Her negative feedback now stands at 89 for the last 12 months and 47 Neutral. !!!!!!
Old 15 October 2006, 08:35 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Don't expect a helpful resonse from ebay I tried that too before leaving feedback for the fool my sister dealt with and they couldn't care less.