The Media - thats the problem

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2006, 10:53 PM
Lord Shrek
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Media - thats the problem

They make mountains out of molehills

Having just watched ITN tonight and their headlines i would say this country is better off without the BBC and ITN

they whip up the public into a fervour over any old cr@p

a news body which just gave you the details and let you make your own mind up would be far better without injecting the incitement

Lord Shrek......sick of Rupert Murdock and the money spinner
Old 19 October 2006, 10:55 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

I hactually dreamt of blowing up every media broadcast and publishing headquarters in the UK "fight club" style.

..go suck on that Max and Murdoch
Old 19 October 2006, 11:00 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

On my way home today, I tuned in to three different stations which were all warbling on about some silly woman who thought she could teach kids in a veil. Is this really headline material?
Old 19 October 2006, 11:04 PM
Lord Shrek
Scooby Regular

i think they are an actual catalyst for all the problems they report in their oh so non biast way

they report in such a way as to promote an adverse reaction

Lord Shrek......if your mumma takes it up the brown box then fair play...i aint going to broadcast it that she loves an elephants truncheon up her funnel
Old 19 October 2006, 11:07 PM
Lord Shrek
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TopBanana
On my way home today, I tuned in to three different stations which were all warbling on about some silly woman who thought she could teach kids in a veil. Is this really headline material?
mind you that did wind me up seeing the teenage mutant ninja frog getting 1 thousand pounds compensation

Lord Shrek.......where was the media when tony martin needed to shoot that other fukcer
Old 20 October 2006, 12:52 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

I think the bbc is clearly the finest news organisation in the world bar none and has done amazing work to broadcast unbiased news reports in different languages all over the world. By giving an alternative view point to areas which would otherwise have no indepent news they could make a massive difference around the world. By having no comercial interests what so ever they maintain a unique position by not having to satisfy ratings watchers or advertisers and that is unique in the world and is one of this countrys finest achievements.
Old 20 October 2006, 01:12 AM
Lord Shrek
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
I think the bbc is clearly the finest news organisation in the world bar none and has done amazing work to broadcast unbiased news reports in different languages all over the world. By giving an alternative view point to areas which would otherwise have no indepent news they could make a massive difference around the world. By having no comercial interests what so ever they maintain a unique position by not having to satisfy ratings watchers or advertisers and that is unique in the world and is one of this countrys finest achievements.
get the *** out

Lord Shrek......anjela ripon was and always has been a tit
Old 20 October 2006, 08:23 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Absolutely right, Shrek. Remember how we were all going to die from SARS? Then we were all going to die from H5N1. Then we were all going to die by having our faces bitten off by dangerous dogs. They make my knackers ache, they do.
Old 20 October 2006, 08:24 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

I am a fan of the BBC news website, however there must be little going on at the moment as they keep putting up non-stories. They're just trying to fill up space rather than reporting news. If there isn't any then don't make it up, just have less stuff on the news, simple.
Old 20 October 2006, 08:28 AM
Torpid
BANNED

The media is just the zeitgeist of your conscious/subconscious fears and dreams. You are the media and the media is you. With a soupçon of mind programming thrown in for good measure.

Want to blame someone? Blame yourself.
Old 20 October 2006, 09:17 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

I am not a fan of the BBC news at all and the main reason is I believe they do censor a lot (they are government controlled) and also try to be too politically correct. When overseas I never use BBC World as I find CNN to be better.

It is amzing how much the stress levels can go down when you totally blank out all news for a couple of weeks though.
Old 20 October 2006, 09:19 AM
Torpid
BANNED

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
I am not a fan of the BBC news at all and the main reason is I believe they do censor a lot (they are government controlled) and also try to be too politically correct. When overseas I never use BBC World as I find CNN to be better.

It is amzing how much the stress levels can go down when you totally blank out all news for a couple of weeks though.
You get stressed by what you hear on the news? I think it's all a tremendous joke.
Old 20 October 2006, 09:35 AM
Lord Shrek
Scooby Regular

any media news group report on anything and in such a way as to stir up the hornets nest

its amazing how the minority get their opinion voiced more so than the majority, the human rights brigade jump in and bingo a nice pay out courtesy of ITN

Lord Shrek....Trevor Macdonald knighted....wtf
Old 20 October 2006, 09:40 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Torpid
You get stressed by what you hear on the news? I think it's all a tremendous joke.
Well it all depends, when you get the tube to work and are bombarded by so many news reports of bombing and gas attacks that are supposed to be happening.

And then then constant stream of stories about people ripping the system off, illegal immigrants, violent criminals and the state of Britain today.
Old 20 October 2006, 09:46 AM
Lord Shrek
Scooby Regular

the carver media group in 007 'tomorrow never dies' is not so far fetched

Lord Shrek...any bad news is good news
Old 20 October 2006, 09:52 AM
Torpid
BANNED

Well it all depends, when you get the tube to work and are bombarded by so many news reports of bombing and gas attacks that are supposed to be happening.

And then then constant stream of stories about people ripping the system off, illegal immigrants, violent criminals and the state of Britain today.
I can see how hype about attacks on the tube might stress you out but the other stuff.............is all just so much bull****. Things are the same now as they've ever been, cr@p. Learn to live with it.
Old 20 October 2006, 10:16 AM
Lord Shrek
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Torpid
I can see how hype about attacks on the tube might stress you out but the other stuff.............is all just so much bull****. Things are the same now as they've ever been, cr@p. Learn to live with it.
exactly.....the good old days never existed...there will still mass murder, child abuse and violence but unreported

Lord Shrek.....tell your grandad to stfu about the good old days
Old 20 October 2006, 10:23 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Ok, maybe stress is the wrong word, but still perfectly natural to get angry or pissed off when you read about children being murdered or their murderer getting a playstation in prison.
Old 20 October 2006, 11:23 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Reporting facts like 'a murderer gets 18 months or something' does get peoples goat.

My grandparents were right ,it was the good old days when you got hung drawn and quartered for theft and sky news wasn't around to ask Miss Chakrabatis (spl) or Liberty's thoughts on it to really ruin my tea.
Old 20 October 2006, 12:08 PM
Lord Shrek
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti
Reporting facts like 'a murderer gets 18 months or something' does get peoples goat.

My grandparents were right ,it was the good old days when you got hung drawn and quartered for theft and sky news wasn't around to ask Miss Chakrabatis (spl) or Liberty's thoughts on it to really ruin my tea.
hehe

the 'right to life pro lifer' groups that consist of 3 'cant tell if your male or female' lesbians and a bald transvestite always get good press coverage when battling over trying to stop the husband of a deaf dumb blind brain damaged paraplegic who is kept alive on a ventilator turning the machine off

the sensible ones that see that 'quality of life is nil' consist of most of the population and never get a look in

Lord Shrek......if i become impotent then 'quality of life is nil'
Old 20 October 2006, 12:46 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know, sometimes its like,

'White people, the Muslims/Asylum seekers spilt your pint, what are you going to do about it'

Are they saying, go on, go out cause some aggro so we have something other than bloody Princess Diana consipracy theories to fill the front page with.
Old 20 October 2006, 12:53 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

The bbc structure is specifically designed so that most news teams operate independantly and deliver reports with only the producer, correspondant and camera man able to shoot and edit reports. The reporting then is completely independant from the corporate executives. The Idea that CNN's thirty second over simplified american centiric advertiser happy news is better than the bbc is clearly just wrong.
Old 20 October 2006, 01:02 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Well the BBC certainly need to look at who they allow on as presenters though some of those people on BBC in the mornings are too ugly for radio. (fat, piggy faced girl that does traffic some mornings)
Old 20 October 2006, 01:03 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

This may be true, but BBC news is becoming more and more sensationalist. ITN is pure drama. C4 news is about the only news program I can watch and feel relaxed will the news is delivered, rather than being rammed towards me like some over excited cannon ball.
Old 20 October 2006, 01:30 PM
Lord Shrek
Scooby Regular

The bbc structure is specifically designed so that most news teams operate independantly and deliver reports with only the producer, correspondant and camera man able to shoot and edit reports. The reporting then is completely independant from the corporate executives. The Idea that CNN's thirty second over simplified american centiric advertiser happy news is better than the bbc is clearly just wrong.
perhaps during the 1940s and the BBC world service but not anymore

ITN are probably the worst culprits......they jumped on the richard hammond story 'top gear sensationalising speed and presenters being put in danger bollocks' like a pack of vultures

Lord Shrek......i would love to see this ITN news presenter reading the news in the buff with a carrot between her legs
Old 20 October 2006, 02:27 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

The problem with ITN is that when the general trend of falling audience figures for the news started they had to start trying ways to increase audience figures as ulimately their wages are paid by advertisers. This led to focus groups etc and ended with people giving an interpritation of what they thought people wanted to see. Falling audience figures also meant budgets not really rising with inflation so less money to work with hence the general crapness of ITN compared to its glory days.
Old 20 October 2006, 02:30 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
This may be true, but BBC news is becoming more and more sensationalist. ITN is pure drama. C4 news is about the only news program I can watch and feel relaxed will the news is delivered, rather than being rammed towards me like some over excited cannon ball.

Channel 4 has John Snow who ultimately has great knowledge as well as great presentation skills and keeps channel 4 on the straight and narrow.
Old 20 October 2006, 02:41 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The BBC is shiveringly scared of the Government since they have control of their licence to transmit. They are effectively in the Goverment's pocket which is why they show passive bias in the Government's favour.

Les
Old 20 October 2006, 03:03 PM
Lord Shrek
Scooby Regular

Channel 4 has John Snow who ultimately has great knowledge as well as great presentation skills and keeps channel 4 on the straight and narrow.
john snow seems to remain impartial and never reads the news with a hidden reporting agenda BUT he is that good at his job that he sends me to sleep with his monotone

Lord Shrek.....give me sian lloyds mouth anyday
Old 20 October 2006, 05:31 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
The BBC is shiveringly scared of the Government since they have control of their licence to transmit. They are effectively in the Goverment's pocket which is why they show passive bias in the Government's favour.

Les

I have never seen John Humphries or Jeremy Paxman go easy on anyone.

Quick Reply: The Media - thats the problem