Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Frustrated by mobile networks

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2006, 10:10 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated by mobile networks

Im a fairly big spender with Orange (about £1400 p/a) and am due for renewal. Keeping my existing number is very important.

Ive seen a deal thru a reseller that offers a free TomTom + handset that I want but its only available for new customers, not upgrades.

So the obvious answer is to get a new contract, I want to stay on Orange so Im thinking get a new Orange contract, transfer my out of contract number over.... but no!

Orange wont transfer my number to another Orange contract, but they will do it to O2, Voda etc

So I explain to the woman that they are encouraging me to leave their network and spend my money elsewhere.... she basically agreed!

How dumb is this?
Old 06 November 2006, 10:18 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK
Im a fairly big spender with Orange (about £1400 p/a) and am due for renewal. Keeping my existing number is very important.

Ive seen a deal thru a reseller that offers a free TomTom + handset that I want but its only available for new customers, not upgrades.

So the obvious answer is to get a new contract, I want to stay on Orange so Im thinking get a new Orange contract, transfer my out of contract number over.... but no!

Orange wont transfer my number to another Orange contract, but they will do it to O2, Voda etc

So I explain to the woman that they are encouraging me to leave their network and spend my money elsewhere.... she basically agreed!

How dumb is this?
I'm with you on this one. I spend about the same as you >£1000 per year. I've tried to upgrade with Orange, but to a T-mobile tariff.

Oh no they say - we don't do that anymore. So I request a PAC number to take my numbers to another provide and then I get a letter from Orange, with the PAC numbers, saying that they will match another networks tariff - another call to Orange and it's oh no we don't - it's a bit pf a pantomime if you ask me.

I'm now waiting for T-mobile to release the P990, but I'll loose my line 2 on the handset, so, I'll have to port my line 2 number to a pay as you go SIM card.

It's all crazy, you think they'd want to keep customers as the mobile phone market in the UK is now mature and there arn't many 'new' customers, just disgruntled ones switching networks!
Old 06 November 2006, 10:42 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

What's t-mobile coverage like these days? I'm thinking of switching because of their keenly priced data plans
Old 06 November 2006, 10:42 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Orange don't seem to want to keep their customers! I was on contract but they couldn't match their own deal so I've gone back to PAYG as I don't use it much! Things are gonna change for me soon so I may go back to contract, it certainly won't be with Orange though!
Old 06 November 2006, 12:51 PM
ESH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK

How dumb is this?
FYI T-Mobile are giving away a Tom Tom with one of their handsets. Saw it in the shop window of a T-Mobile Store in town yesterday.

All companies do it and I'm just talking about telephone companies either. I called barclaycard to close my account last week and they offered me a rate of 9.9% APR and an increase of credit so I thought I'd ask them about the offer from the advert of the TV and they told me its for new business only!! . Kept the card though as 9.9% is good.

Esh