Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

E B A Y

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2006, 09:21 PM
GOLDMAN 555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E B A Y

I see that eBay got yet another shoeing on Watchdog tonight and once more they didn't send someone a long to answer their critics.

It got me to thinking do you reckon that eBay will ever fail.. right place right time with the Internet boom now they are just plain arrogant with no connection to the customers.... or it seems the law

I'm certainly not bothered about them anymore eBay so petty and is expensive to use especially when you use PayPal.

I wouldn't dare by any designer equipment on there I guarantee 90% of it is fake..... maybe the police will shut them down one day.
Old 07 November 2006, 09:28 PM
RUDDY
Scooby Regular

they certainly make money off peoples misfortune!
thing is they can just blame the seller all day long as long as they close a few down to make it look legitimate!
Old 07 November 2006, 09:50 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

When you pay £30 for something that retails in a store for £130 (to use the example pair of trainers they had on there tonight), common sense may tell you something is not right!
Old 07 November 2006, 10:01 PM
movi-star
Scooby Regular

eBay is a huge success, and with this there will always be a bad side, fakes, stolen goods, scammers, but for the majority the site works really well.

For me the site has been great, 3000 transactions, most of them sales, making profit selling old clothing.
Old 07 November 2006, 10:06 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

thing with ebay is, everyone strives for 100% positive etc, not reflecting true transactions,most feel they leave a neg they will get 1 back so dont do so thus failing the system, i leave negs if i feel justified,and do get them back out of spite,but u can see the true negs and the spiteful returned ones if u search thru the profile etc

thing is, all that time working for 100% pos and ebay could shut down tomorrow,ur username nul and void/delted/gone.

we need to sit back and see the bigger picture sometimes,the internet is just that.......

a business i can understand/reps/names travel,but the home user............
Old 07 November 2006, 10:09 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Freak
When you pay £30 for something that retails in a store for £130 (to use the example pair of trainers they had on there tonight), common sense may tell you something is not right!
Have to agree, dont use eBay for 'normal' purchase but will use it for stuff that I find hard to find through normal routes, such as bespoke computer part or something like that, never for cheap designer stuff.
Old 07 November 2006, 10:42 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby.Newbie
Have to agree, dont use eBay for 'normal' purchase but will use it for stuff that I find hard to find through normal routes, such as bespoke computer part or something like that, never for cheap designer stuff.
there's a huge amount of people paying more for stuff (much more in many cases) than they could have bought it for elsewhere though

Trending Topics

Old 07 November 2006, 11:52 PM
Ted Ed
Scooby Regular

One thing that really PI$$ED me off ... tried to get tickets online for The Killers at Nottm Arena ... my home town !!! .. they went on sale at 12pm on Friday and were sold out by 12.20 .. did'nt manage to get any

45 minutes later on conbay £30 tickets were being sold for stupid money .. 5 and 6 times the price .. this is called ticket touting as far as i am concerned .. if you stood outside and sold tickets as a tout you can be arrested . Not on conbay though ..

I have seen it so many times that genuine fans are conned out of money by wan***s who probably don't even like the bands they flog tickets for ...

The biggest problem is people pay stupid money for the tickets

Can't see anyway of stopping this but I wish I could think of one ...............
Old 07 November 2006, 11:55 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ted Ed

Can't see anyway of stopping this but I wish I could think of one ...............
Be quicker and stop moaning.
Killers tickets were on presale online so you had every chance to get them with no pressure or hassle and at face value

Do it and make some money yourself? Great profit to be made

Last edited by Freak; 08 November 2006 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07 November 2006, 11:57 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

2 guys at work qued for killers tickets in notts as well, didn't get any, but within 20 mins they were up on ebay.
Old 08 November 2006, 12:26 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
2 guys at work qued for killers tickets in notts as well, didn't get any, but within 20 mins they were up on ebay.
How many would you like
Old 08 November 2006, 08:34 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

If people are daft enough to pay- people will sell at vastly inflated prices.
Yve
Old 08 November 2006, 09:51 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

I like fleebay, In the past i have sold a lot of old car items, things that i might of normally binned. Little extra cash for hardly any work.

I don't have 100% feedback.... but that coz i'm a ****!
Old 08 November 2006, 10:02 AM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Their customer service is a joke as well, templated email responses that have no bearing on the original question!

Plus you have to pay the listing fee even if the auction gets ruined by scammers - so basically they make a nice profit out of people attempting to obtain goods by deception - good one ebay.

Andy
Old 08 November 2006, 10:28 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I agree its full of dangers but if your sensible you shouldn't have that many problems.

The only real poor thing I've had happen to me was when purchasing a job lot of Transformers Toys (I buy and sell them, adding to my collection along the way). I paid £300 for one auction and the guy was all cool and we didn't seem to have a problem. All of a sudden, he goes quiet and doesn't answer any emails.

I paid with a card through paypal and eventually had to start a claim. I also emailed the last 3 bidders to me and asked if they had been offered the lot after the auction had finished. Cheeky barsteward only offered the lot to these other bidders saying I hadn't paid him. I mailed him and told him what the other bidders had said and I told paypal. 2 days later, the toys arrived.
Old 09 November 2006, 03:39 AM
blueangel
BANNED

Why buy hooky ****e from shack-types on scuffters (ebay)
There are 10 of 1000s of sites of business were one can purchase the right and proper goods,if only you took the time to l@@K