Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Front facing camera

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2006, 10:23 AM
Bluie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front facing camera

Just had a call from someone who has received a ticket for speeding with a shot of the front of the car.

The question is that this is only a front facing camera so it cannot give a shot of the rear of the car.

If this chap was on a bike he could not have been done for speeding.

Is this not discrimination against car/van/lorry drivers, I thought this could not be done under EU law

Any advice much appreciated
Old 08 November 2006, 10:50 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

You're drinking too much coffee
Old 08 November 2006, 10:58 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Yes bikers get away with it.

Yes its technically descrimitaion

BUT

The driver was caught breaking the law

And there are countless other speeding car drivers such as himself that are not being caught due to no presence of an enforcement device. So is that discrimination too?

Put it this way, if a black man broke into a shop and was caught on CCTV. Could he claim discrimation becuase a white man broke into a shop without CCTV and was never caught? Or what about the asian man who broke into a shop with CCTV wearing a baraclava?

Bottom line: The government made the law. You are ruled by them and you do as they say. (Big brother Rules). And in a court case it would be a David vs. Goliath case, remember that next time you vote

Last edited by Shark Man; 08 November 2006 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08 November 2006, 11:48 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

all our cameras or front facing so as to capture the driver so as to avoid all the BS you lot use to try and wriggle out of fines, we are starting to get rear facing cameras close to the front facing ones in order to catch bikes.

Forward facing cameras are a better idea as there is no doubt who was driving unless a balaclava is being worn, only downside is when you get flashed in the face by a blinding red light in the dark.
Old 08 November 2006, 01:16 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

I wonder how many cameras in national limits catch speeding artics or towing vehicles?

Looks like car drivers are the only targets of these machines when out in the countryside.....
Old 08 November 2006, 01:53 PM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

I started a thread on this very subject recently:

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...discriminatory
Old 08 November 2006, 03:09 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

It's not discrimination, your friend has chosen to drive a car and should therefore obey the law, if he wanted to speed past these cameras he could go out and buy a motorbike.

Trending Topics

Old 08 November 2006, 04:15 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluie
Just had a call from someone who has received a ticket for speeding with a shot of the front of the car.

The question is that this is only a front facing camera so it cannot give a shot of the rear of the car.

If this chap was on a bike he could not have been done for speeding.

Is this not discrimination against car/van/lorry drivers, I thought this could not be done under EU law

Any advice much appreciated
Your friend will be onto a loser with a discrimination defence. Send him over to PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice and have a read up on the "Pace witness statement"
Old 08 November 2006, 04:38 PM
Bluie
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the link which I understand, but it still comes back to me thinking there infact are two Road Traffic Acts, one for bikers and the other for everyone else. I'm not having a dig at bikers been one myself many years ago.

I do not dispute the issue regarding guilt, but surely this is b0ll0cks, regardless of what mode of transport used they should be equally treated so if bikers can get away with speeding why not everyone else
Old 08 November 2006, 05:07 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Thanks for the link which I understand, but it still comes back to me thinking there infact are two Road Traffic Acts, one for bikers and the other for everyone else. I'm not having a dig at bikers been one myself many years ago.

I do not dispute the issue regarding guilt, but surely this is b0ll0cks, regardless of what mode of transport used they should be equally treated so if bikers can get away with speeding why not everyone else
There are rumours that the truvelo will be getting a further camera to take an extra picture from behind to capture said bikers
Old 08 November 2006, 06:56 PM
Lionel Hutz
Scooby Regular

stop whinging, if you cant do the time dont do the crime, or become a man and get a bike
Old 08 November 2006, 07:35 PM
Bluie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz
stop whinging, if you cant do the time dont do the crime, or become a man and get a bike
There is no whinging going on from me, all I'm asking is why is the law not equal, and as for being a man and get a bike there is no issue there as if you read the thread I used to be a biker
Old 08 November 2006, 08:06 PM
_RIP_
BANNED

There is no whinging going on from me, all I'm asking is why is the law not equal, and as for being a man and get a bike there is no issue there as if you read the thread I used to be a biker
'Used to be' a biker