Boy, 8, Tells Of Carjack Gun Terror

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2006, 04:50 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Boy, 8, Tells Of Carjack Gun Terror

Boy, 8, Tells Of Carjack Gun Terror - Yahoo! News UK

"An eight-year-old boy who had a gun held to his head by armed robbers has told how he thought he and his mother were going to be shot. Cancer sufferer Ifnan Aslam was attacked by a gang of three men as they tried to steal his mother's car from a petrol station. The terrified schoolboy was sitting in the front seat of the blue BMW X5 while his mother Nabeela, 27, was filling up the water tank when the men struck.

They knocked her out of the way and aimed a gun at her son's head.

Mrs Aslam told her son to hand over the keys, which he was clutching in his lap, before pulling him free from the car as the robbers sped off from the station forecourt in Cheadle, Cheshire.

Ifnan said: "I was very frightened when the man put the gun to my head. I thought he was going to shoot me and Mummy. He pushed the gun into my head and it hurt.

"I had an operation on Christmas Eve last year so I missed Christmas because I was poorly. Even though this has scared me I still want this Christmas to be the best ever to make up for last year.

"I don't even want presents I just want to be at home with Mummy, Daddy and my brothers."

Mrs Aslam, from Gatley, Cheshire, said: "This has had a huge impact on our family, particularly Ifnan, but I won't let it stop me going about my daily business."

The car was later crashed into a bus and abandoned nearby following the robbery which happened at the Red Lion Filling Station on Stockport Road, yesterday afternoon. Three men were seen fleeing from the scene.

Detective Inspector Terry Sweeney, who is leading the investigation into the robbery, said: "I can only describe the offenders as cold and callous.

"To attack a lone woman with her eight-year-old child, who happens to be seriously ill, is beyond my comprehension. It is totally unacceptable."

Just beggars belief
Old 22 November 2006, 04:53 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Just beggars belief
Unfortunately the way this country is going, nothing surprises me these days.
Old 22 November 2006, 05:08 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Unfortunately the way this country is going, nothing surprises me these days.
Yes unfortunately this is another example of an all too common incident in UK 2006. Not surprised to hear about it. This is a result of weak law and order and the clear message sent out by the government with "can't build more prisions" must let people out earlier attitude.

If there is no substantial deteriant to these kinds of crime, then how can you wonder why it's rising.

Last night I watched a group of youth's in what can only be describe as an argument with police. The police ended up driving away with the youth's pointing finger guns at them. 5 minutes later they came into KFC where I had gone to get a burger and started causing trouble. They stormed out telling the employees they were "dead".

Some of these thugs will become criminals in the future I am sure and certainly were not deterred from following that path, causing missery to many peoples lives in the future, by the above incident.

We need a radical change of direction and approach in this country - fast.

In general terms this 'nation' is going down the pan - other countries don't have these problems and there is no doubt in my mind that things are getting worse and worse. Not sure how much longer I will hang around to be honest before seeking out my own better life elsewhere and leaving this place to rot at the hands of all the low lifes.
Old 22 November 2006, 05:24 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Sick f@ckers should be put against a wall and shot.
Old 22 November 2006, 05:28 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

The cynic in me wonders if the police would issue a fine if the car didn't have a booster seat upon its recovery
Old 22 November 2006, 05:40 PM
FMC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ben v7
If there is no substantial deteriant to these kinds of crime, then how can you wonder why it's rising.

We need a radical change of direction and approach in this country - fast.
Couldn't have put it any better myself. I fully agree with what you're saying Ben.
Old 22 November 2006, 05:54 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Nobody's raised the key issue. How did these clearly non-English people get enough money to buy an X5? Did they steal jobs from English people, or did they fraudulently claim lots of council benefits for their extended family, pro rata?

Just trying to fit in
Old 22 November 2006, 05:59 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
Nobody's raised the key issue. How did these clearly non-English people get enough money to buy an X5? Did they steal jobs from English people, or did they fraudulently claim lots of council benefits for their extended family, pro rata?

Just trying to fit in
There's always one co*k sucker on SN....
Old 22 November 2006, 06:03 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by vava voom
There's always one co*k sucker on SN....
He was being sarcastic. You obviously didn't get it.
Old 22 November 2006, 07:35 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

It must be a slow news day. Hardly evidence the country is going to the dogs. i could produce similar crime reports in the majority of Western countries in the last couple of months.

.: Highland Community News:. Highland, California
Woman stabbed in carjack attempt - National - theage.com.au
ABC 4 - News
Axe terror for dad and son in carjack ambush
That was a Subaru too.

People.co.uk - News - HOLS BRITS IN FATAL CARJACK

etc

All within the last fortnight.
Old 22 November 2006, 07:41 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

she'll be 'kept rich wife' from gatley, they'll have been ******* from wythenshawe, probably followed her and when she pulled in for fuel they decided it was a good time to pounce.

makes no odds who and where from, still frightening that its happened, I fill up there sometimes.

or rather, used to
Old 22 November 2006, 08:02 PM
sockpuppet
Scooby Regular

I must admit I find it quite hard to feel any pity for Chelsea Tractor drivers who drive around with their noses in the air. If they attract the envy and hostility of the 'underclass' what do they expect? They should stay in the safety of their gated communities.
Old 22 November 2006, 08:37 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Originally Posted by cockjockey
I must admit I find it quite hard to feel any pity for Chelsea Tractor drivers who drive around with their noses in the air. If they attract the envy and hostility of the 'underclass' what do they expect? They should stay in the safety of their gated communities.

and you fall into which category?
Old 22 November 2006, 08:37 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
This statement sums up exactly what is wrong with many people in this country today...

Maybe we should all just not buy nice things so life losers don't feel any resentment and bitterness towards us as it sinks in that they are a waste of space?

Suppose you'd say it serves you right if your Scoob get's keyed too? After all, the f**kwit down the road was too cool for school and only has a clapped out old banger.
Old 22 November 2006, 08:38 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

ive actually been to this petrol station a few weeks ago it is on quite a busy road you wouldnt expect it to happen really its just sad that the kid is really ill
Old 22 November 2006, 08:39 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Ben v7
This statement sums up exactly what is wrong with many people in this country today...

Maybe we should all just not buy nice things so life losers don't feel any resentment and bitterness towards us as it sinks in that they are a waste of space?

Suppose you'd say it serves you right if your Scoob get's keyed too? After all, the f**kwit down the road was too cool for school and only has a clapped out old banger.

pssst, ben, it's a wind up.
Old 22 November 2006, 08:41 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip Sengravy
she'll be 'kept rich wife' from gatley, they'll have been ******* from wythenshawe, probably followed her and when she pulled in for fuel they decided it was a good time to pounce.

makes no odds who and where from, still frightening that its happened, I fill up there sometimes.

or rather, used to

doubt theyll be from beirut to be honest.

my understanding it was dumped in ladybarn (withington)
hardly anyone has heard of it

more likely their from burnage they would drive the wrong way out

it really pisses me off that is WYTHENSHAWE. all the time we live in beirut and have a business in heald green, but we wish the business was in wythenshawe it would do better and we wouldnt have to mop **** off the step every sat mornming and wash the chip s smeared off the window
Old 22 November 2006, 08:41 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The other thing is, if this foreigner wasn't here, she wouldn't have been carjacked, pro rata.

If they don't like it, why don't they **** off back to their own country?

How am I doing?
Old 22 November 2006, 08:52 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

says "brendan" (irish) "hughes" (welsh)

the englishman
Old 23 November 2006, 07:08 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Talking

The other thing is, if this foreigner wasn't here, she wouldn't have been carjacked, pro rata.

How am I doing?

LOL!

BEHAVE!!!
Old 23 November 2006, 11:02 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

You jest, but go and have a car accident in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philipines, Vietnam and many other countries.

As you are a foreigner you are instantly at considered at fault and the onus is on you to proove you weren't. In Thailand, for example, much of this reasoning comes from the belief that the accident wouldn't have happened if you hadn't been in the country.