Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

WATCH THIS IF YOU HAVE A HEART !

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2006, 07:44 PM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Location: LONDON MANDEM - At Da V-Power Petty Station Fillin Up
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation WATCH THIS IF YOU HAVE A HEART !

Hello everyone !

This is what i want to show everyone so that we are aware that the people we support in life are not always the best.. in fact i call them first class bast*rds !

PLS check the link below & feel for the people in need

Truthdig - A/V Booth - Hearts and Minds

Only read on after youve watched the link !

After watching this could you image your child doing this ?

This made me cry when i watched this, my heart go's out to them kids..

They havent done anything wrong !

What is this world coming to ???
Old 22 November 2006, 07:48 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Sickening. There is no difference between those soldiers and those that committed atrocities in WW2.
Old 22 November 2006, 07:50 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

yup its all terrible but there are horror stories in our own country that need addressing first
Old 22 November 2006, 07:51 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is just sick
Old 22 November 2006, 07:52 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Sickening. There is no difference between those soldiers and those that committed atrocities in WW2.
Er, I'd beg to differ.
Old 22 November 2006, 07:52 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares
that is just sick
I was gutted when they dropped it, I hope they have more supplies.
Old 22 November 2006, 07:53 PM
248SPG
Scooby Regular

Angry

Unbelievable.....................

These kids are so desperate for water that they are prepaired to run after a truck for that sought of distance and all the Solidiers can do is taunt them.

No wonder the allied forces are still finding it difficult in some parts.

Hope they identify them and they get repremanded!!!!

Last edited by 248SPG; 22 November 2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 22 November 2006, 07:55 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

FFS over reaction or what!

Do we know the kid knew it was a bottle of water?

Soldiers are not 9-5 people and should not be treated as 9-5 people. They are sent to do a job in harsh conditions and would know collueages who have been blown up by these "people". It tends to blur your thinking.

Of course these same kids could well have been throwing stones and petrol boms against them another time.

Keep Smiling
Old 22 November 2006, 07:58 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

duplicated.
Old 22 November 2006, 08:00 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

That poem in the comments section is truly touching. The actions of the soldiers are undesirable to say the least but at least they weren't machine gunning them down. The beast of war people is an awful beast indeed.
Old 22 November 2006, 08:03 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

[QUOTE=davyboy]

Of course these same kids could well have been throwing stones and petrol boms against them another time.

Keep Smiling[/QUOTE)

Let's hope so huh.
Old 22 November 2006, 08:06 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Is water in that short supply, not condoning it but I have not heard of massive water shortages out there, soon they will be able to do that in the South East if the water companies dont get their acts together.

Sounded like dicks though.
Old 22 November 2006, 08:28 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

yep i have a heart but that vid doesnt bother me its probably made up

tell you what though it shows how stupid yanks are

theyll grow up hating them in a few years time wonder what they will do to show how much theey hate the west
Old 22 November 2006, 09:37 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

Spot the kid who's going to be a great runner when he is older.

Bit sorry those passers by got the water and not him.

On a serious note, not pleasent to see.

I do feel sympathy for the US troops in some respects though. Their army was never trained for or prepared for this kind of occupation. These are not highly educated individuals manning all this heavy US equipment - they have very simple objectives to blow stuff up under normal circumstances - that is their usual remit.

Plus if a mate was blow up or lost a leg the day before by someone who appeared to be a civilian, or I'd recently had stones and petrol bombs thrown at me, I don't think I'd be rushing to hand out bottles of water to the locals either.

The troops on the ground are only carrying out their orders and the bordom plus frustration must be getting to them. They probably feel like they are being asked to juggle with their hands tied behind their backs.

Just trying to see it from their perspective. No excuse and not going to win over hearts and minds, but I wouldn't form an opinion on the basis of that video alone.
Old 22 November 2006, 10:01 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Talking

Originally Posted by davyboy
I was gutted when they dropped it, I hope they have more supplies.
Old 22 November 2006, 10:34 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

US army - pretty good tactically on the ground when face to face with insurgents. Er ...thats it.

There are people in the Us military who understand counter insurgency and a few units that have done things right - e.g. 101st in Mosul.

However - what a bunch of badly led useless gits. They created the insurgency in Iraq. It wasn´t there when they invaded in 2003. Those guys just hardening the minds of more kids that will be the insurgents of the future.

The US policy and strategy in IRAQ is so bad it would be laughable if the consequences wernt so sad. Every time the US army hamfistly lumbers about like on that clip there - it going to be pay back time for the western world -perhaps not next week but one day.

Very sad
Steve

The war has cost 100s of billions of dollars! You think what have been done with that.
Old 22 November 2006, 11:07 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I suppose its better than gunning them down for fun from Huey Cobra, I would say postive steps have been made since Vietnam, just be glad that we are on the same side, otherwise we would be fooked, we (the UK, Blair) are like the little scratty creature (Salacious Crumb) that sits next to the bloated, unpleasant and quite evil Jabba the Hut (The US) in the Star Was films.
Old 22 November 2006, 11:16 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

i watched it and thought it was totally disgusting how someone can treat another human like that at the end of the day them kids had done nothing wrong and was harmless i think that soilder deserves to be shot now at first i thought tony blair was a ***** for sending our men out there to get killed well where ever they are from they deserved to get shot if they treat other people like that. they was just kids.
Old 22 November 2006, 11:28 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

do what?

the kids arent dying of thirst our there. for all we know the kids just do it for fun.

theres plenty of nasty things in the world.....small kid jogging after retard yanks is hardly one of them.
Old 23 November 2006, 12:25 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

My (lack of) respect for the US forces just reduced even further (if that's even possible).

Having seen the appalling conditions many Iraqis face daily, this was utterly disgusting behaviour.

The one thing the British Army seemed to be able to issue in abundance was water. Every time I drove anywhere, I threw loads of bottles of water at the usual begging spots. Even if water was in shorter supply, I would have given up some of my ration.

I really hope the scumbags concerned in that video are identified and punished - hopefully by some Iraqi children with big fecking sticks.
Old 23 November 2006, 12:31 AM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYIN BUT TRY LIVING A SOLDIERS LIFE OUT THERE!

don't judge til you understand the stress this type of job brings ... have you ever seen a mass grave with women & children or a friend looking at you in fear asking for help......... or can you imagine your last words been tell my wife i love her ...... knowin thats it your dying in a place you never wanted to go

Try and see life from our boys point of view and be pround of them........

I AM
Old 23 November 2006, 12:33 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JAKbauer24

don't judge til you understand the stress this type of job brings ... have you ever seen a mass grave with women & children or a friend looking at you in fear asking for help......... or can you imagine your last words been tell my wife i love her ...... knowin thats it your dying in a place you never wanted to go

I AM
Being under stress exposes the soul. The guy that made the kid run and dropped the bottle when he couldn't reap his reward has lost his.
Old 23 November 2006, 12:36 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

I AM
I did live a soldiers life out there, and I still find that behaviour repellent. Regardless of what a soldier has been through, that behaviour towards children is unforgivable.
Old 23 November 2006, 12:52 AM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYIN BUT ALL THIS CRAP THAT OUR BOYS ARE BAD GETS ME DOWN LIKE THOSE WHO ARE COURT MARTIALED FOR MISTREETING IRAQ'S ........... IT'S WAR AND ITS HELL
Old 23 November 2006, 12:56 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYIN BUT ALL THIS CRAP THAT OUR BOYS ARE BAD GETS ME DOWN LIKE THOSE WHO ARE COURT MARTIALED FOR MISTREETING IRAQ'S ........... IT'S WAR AND ITS HELL
Stop shouting.

War sucks, for sure. But that kid's just a kid. To taunt him and gain entertainment from his desperation makes the perpertrator unsound. This isn't a generic dig at the forces, many of whom do a cracking job, it's an expression of repulsion at an act which is quite simply cruel. Peace. JT
Old 23 November 2006, 01:05 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Please don't capslock.

I understand where you are coming from, but what professional soldier could be proud of what happened in that video? Would they be able to boast to their family and friends? I suspect not.

I know soldiers out there (especially US troops) are geting the ****ty end of the stick, but you have to admit that those soldiers are picking on the wrong target for venting there frustrations/anger/boredom/sadness etc.

The whole situation out there saddens me. Every time I hear of a coalition soldier's death, I feel sad. I can imagine what my family would have gone through, had it had been me. What my family went through was bad enough, and I came home in one piece.
Old 23 November 2006, 04:24 AM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

ive said my piece lets just leave it but like i said I don't look down on them for doing it, there coping with **** every day that most cannot understand would I do it ...no but i'll tell you when i come back from which ever crap hole i go....... this stuff saddens you but there's much worse people in the world ....

BBC NEWS | England | Manchester | Robbers hold gun to child's head

or the countless rapes and murders of young and old people sorry but somebody who takes pleasure in a world of **** there in then as john lennon once said what ever gets you through the night it's alright like i said there's far worse stuff happening right now

this is my view and i respect yours end of lads

JB
Old 23 November 2006, 11:28 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I AM
I understand totaly what it is like to go through that level of stress. Operating in that environment - you have to have a hard mind or you wont ******* get through it. And because of that you need stress relief big time.

There was a story in Germany about German UN troops in Afganistan horsing about with a skull they had found. Big uproar -what a load of bollokcs. These guys were in a stressfull situation and were just letting of steam. They are surrounded by the prospect of death -so messing about with a skull no big deal.

My point was that that clip was about letting of steam in a very bad way and making those kids probably hate the US that fraction more. So instead of going home early because they have won the right percentage of hearts and minds. The guys in that video are probably in a very very small way contributing to their 2nd tour their 3rd tour their 4th tour.....

Steve