Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

my new tomtom 910

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2006, 11:54 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new tomtom 910

well after my original tomtom go was stolen in york at TOTB i have eventually got around to buying another one. I bought a tomtom 910 brand new on ebay for £349. this is tomtoms top of the range all in one sat nav.

the package comes with the unit, remote, carry case, home docking unit, car charger, window docking station, audio cables, microphone. the unit is a solid wee thing with a 65000 colour wide screen. it has a 20 gb hard drive on which is installed maps of western europe, north america, canaries and wait for it.....Guam???? where the **** is Guam!!!!

Interface is very easy to use although you need to switch on all the menu items in your preferences to access all the functions.

Tested last night and round Belfast it is great. It also has a complete UK postcode database which means you can navigate door to door.
the bluetooth link to my sony P990 works fine and if you choose a computer voice the unit will actually speak your text messages. hands free dialling is a cinch. It will also play your mp3s and can either use the internal speaker which is ok but using the audio lead you can hook the unit up to your car stereo.

lots of websites do Points of Interest (POI) that you can download onto the unit. Pocketgpsworld are doing a full uk speed camera database. Subs for this are either £19 per annum or £2 per month. Well worth it as at the last count there are about 11500 of them in the UK.(not too many in Northern Ireland thank god).

Down side the window docking unit is crap, a big let down. If you dont want it to break within the first month you are going to have to mount the unit with its base supported by your dashboard.

Overall a nice piece of kit and for a bargain price. Must remember to take it out of the car when i lock up at night though.