Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: Saddam Hussein...
Brilliant orator and politician who sorely misguided?
23.40%
Bonkers as a box of frogs?
76.60%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Saddam, bonkers or brilliant?

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2006, 11:19 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddam, bonkers or brilliant?

Here is a very brief excerpt from his letter to the world pending his execution in the next few hours.

Is this evidence of a brilliant orator and politician, or is he simply bonkers. It is hard to tell.

The court transcripts indicated he is incredibly smart as he knew exactly what and when to speak to create maximum disruption. He also asked questions that showed significant holes in the proceedings.

Saddam - "To the great nation, to the people of our country, and humanity: Many of you have known the writer of this letter to be faithful, honest, caring for others, wise, of sound judgement, just, decisive, careful with the wealth of the people and the state... and that his heart is big enough to embrace all without discrimination.

His heart aches for the poor and he does not rest until he helps in improving their condition and attends to their needs.

His heart contains all his people and his nation, and he craves to be honest and faithful without differentiating between his people except on the basis of their efforts, efficiency, and patriotism.

To the great nation, to the people of our country, and humanity: Many of you have known the writer of this letter to be faithful, honest, caring for others, wise, of sound judgement, just, decisive, careful with the wealth of the people and the state... and that his heart is big enough to embrace all without discrimination.

His heart aches for the poor and he does not rest until he helps in improving their condition and attends to their needs.

His heart contains all his people and his nation, and he craves to be honest and faithful without differentiating between his people except on the basis of their efforts, efficiency, and patriotism."
Old 29 December 2006, 11:21 PM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

Looks like he's suffering from amnesia to me.
Old 29 December 2006, 11:23 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Yes - I must admit I am struggling to remember the caring, faithful and honest bit. I am sure his brother would be to, just before he was shot in the head by him!
Old 29 December 2006, 11:34 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Seems we dont have a choice.

hes the strongest of the tribe that ruled since we stepped in last time
Old 29 December 2006, 11:56 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is someone who would lead people out of the room and have them shot for any reason he thought of ................................
Old 30 December 2006, 12:58 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He was undeniably able to control the different factions in Iraq and that is something that the Billy/Idiot G. syndrome is totally incapable of doing, let alone having had any kind of a plan to do so in the first place.

There is no way that his cruel and murderous methods of ruling by fear can be accepted in a reasonable world even if the people of Iraq are used to feudal rule rather than democracy. I don't think he was of unsound mind so I cannot vote in this poll. His dictatorship should only have been sorted by the Iragis themselves without outside interference. Regime change by a foreign country is internationally illegal.

Maybe the only way for the problems to be resolved is to accept that Iraq splits up into the separate states that it always was before except that it may well be that they would remain in a constant state of war anyway. Can't see the Middle East ever becoming anything different to the flashpoint that it has been for so many years now. The idiot G.'s father could see what might happen and that is why he stopped short of destroying SH in the first war over Kuwait.

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 30 December 2006 at 01:01 PM.
Old 30 December 2006, 01:00 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rannoch
Yes - I must admit I am struggling to remember the caring, faithful and honest bit. I am sure his brother would be to, just before he was shot in the head by him!
I doubt very much if our biaised media would ever show any good things he had done....its better to constantly refer to him as 'despot', 'tyrant' 'dictator' etc....
Old 30 December 2006, 01:04 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turboman786
I doubt very much if our biaised media would ever show any good things he had done....its better to constantly refer to him as 'despot', 'tyrant' 'dictator' etc....
Do you seriously believe the good things he did outweigh the bad?

Good : helped an old lady across the road
Bad : killed her afterwards when I found out she was from the wrong sect.
Do you see what I mean? The fact he might have helped an old lady across the road isn't relevant in the context.

Biased media my **** - do you think Al Jizzeira is less biased then, for example?
Old 30 December 2006, 01:07 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

He was an evil man, but he did a better job at running Iraq than GWB/TB are doing - with far less deaths.

I feel he got what he deserved, and that GWB/TB deserve the same - of course that won't happen will it.
Old 30 December 2006, 01:32 PM
2old4this
Scooby Regular

Saddam Hussain has been martyred by the Iraqi puppet government on the command of their American Lords. Executing a Muslim on the day of Eid can only be the work of nonbelievers, people who have no religious affection what so ever.
Old 30 December 2006, 06:39 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Suresh
Do you seriously believe the good things he did outweigh the bad?

Good : helped an old lady across the road
Bad : killed her afterwards when I found out she was from the wrong sect.
Do you see what I mean? The fact he might have helped an old lady across the road isn't relevant in the context.

Biased media my **** - do you think Al Jizzeira is less biased then, for example?

Your only knowledge of what Saddam did/didn't do is what you've been spoon fed by the media. Whilst not wishing to defend him in any way, shape or form some countries need a Saddam to keep various sections of their population in line.
Old 30 December 2006, 06:48 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

for his sheer 'dogged determination' he has to be *admired * (wrong word I know but cant think of a simile )... He had the Father AND his Son on the hop for far too many years.. to refuse him the firing squad and hang him like a common criminal was in a sense a *message* I beleive...and the timing of such actions was no doubt a cause for concern for many ...but in the cold hard light of the day. he, like Hitler , like Slobodan Milosevic.. was a cold calculating clever and manipulatve despot..he deserves his fate....to some he will be a martyr, to others , scum that is rid of... but for every Saddam we rid the world of, there will be many waiting in the wings to take their place......
Old 30 December 2006, 07:11 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Where the fvck did you steal that ^^ from
Old 30 December 2006, 09:15 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Your only knowledge of what Saddam did/didn't do is what you've been spoon fed by the media. Whilst not wishing to defend him in any way, shape or form some countries need a Saddam to keep various sections of their population in line.
Unless you go there yourself and survey a statistically significant sample of the population, media reports are all that you have to go on as well.

I reject your charge of being 'spoon fed' I get my information from various respected British, Dutch and Swiss news sources, so expect that there is more balance in the information there than in just the English language sources that most have access to. I've looked at the Al Jezeera site a few times in the past and found it to be a propoganda machine for dim islamists, so it isn't on my favourites list.

Surely when he was actually in power there were no virtually no reliable news sources available about what was going on there, because freedom of the press wasn't actually something his regime sponsored? Or is that just another lie propogated by the western media? It's all going wrong now with civil war breaking between the various sects - but the difference is it is being reported. As an aside do you know if there are there any peace marches planned anywhere to protest about the sects killing each other?

It is said that the best form of government is a "benevolent dictator". But he certainly wasn't that type of ruler. If methods of keeping the population in line involve genocide (with no free press to report it), is it still your statement that such leadership can be justified?
Old 30 December 2006, 09:16 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Jamie*
Where the fvck did you steal that ^^ from
sorry cocka.... does my intellect SCARE you
Old 30 December 2006, 09:26 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hectic
sorry cocka.... does my intellect SCARE you
LOL Frantic. Nicely crafted original post, BTW.
Old 30 December 2006, 09:27 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular