Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Think its time to find 'Lost Dog/Yoda Ears' a new home

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2007, 07:35 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Think its time to find 'Lost Dog/Yoda Ears' a new home

D.K.1 and myself have decided that its time now to find a new home for our recently inherited 'Lost Dog' from this thread https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...-i-do-dog.html

He is a lovely dog, and had we not alread got 'Scooby' then we would be keeping him, but we seriously can't give 'Lost Dog' the attention that he deserves and needs, and think that he will be better suited to someone who can give him that.

We are obviously concerned about his welfare and to where he will go, and he will be missed by us all, and want to make sure that he will go to the best home possible

He will need microchipping as a definate must, and also will need to have his injections

If anyone is genuinely and seriously interested then can you PM me, and we can arrange a meeting

I actuallly feel quite sad doing this, and it almost feels like I am doing what I did to Scrappy (but that was for very different reasons) and I am slightly loath to take him to the Cats N Dogs home I took Scrappy to, although I know he will go to a good home from there, it will cost me approx 40 quid to put him there, and as he is a pure bred, the Dogs home charge a lot more to whoever will have him

I would much rather him go to a good deserving home, that we will be able to still see how he is getting on

Regards

Steve

Apologies for the amount of pics

Here are the pics I took from when he first arrived

And this is how he is now

Old 04 January 2007, 07:51 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gutted after all your efforts and its success in settling in that you are getting rid
Me and mine both work full time otherwise I wouldnt hesitate but its way too selfish to leave it on its own all day.
Make sure it goes somewhere caring dude. Good luck...
Old 04 January 2007, 08:05 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Cheers mate, like I said though, we will all miss him, and be gutted to see him go

I am out all day every day, Donna is backward and forwards to the school with the kids several times a day, plus all the stuff the kids go to etc etc

But seriously a dog already, a cat, a hamster, 3 fish tanks, 3 kids, and a snake, keeping Lost Dog isn't in his best interests really, and that is what matters more than our needs or wants

He is really suited here, and found us for a reason, but it just cant be, if we didnt already have Scooby then he would definatly be a keeper

When we took him in, our priority was to make sure he got healthy, warm and fed, and then to try and find his owners, he is on just about every lost dog forum on the t'interweb, and all the local (20/30 mile radius and further) dog centres and vets, and they all have his details but his 'real' owners havent come forward, which is such a same

Dont worry mate, he will 'only' be going to somewhere caring
Old 04 January 2007, 08:05 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

what a shame i will miss yoda ears too after all your hard work are you sure you cant keep him??? im glad that he's alot better now
i will ask my brother as he already has a staffie
Old 04 January 2007, 08:20 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Well, Sonic, you and Donna can be really proud of yourselves. What you did for Yoda Ears was really good, not many people would be bothered.
I hope he finds a home as caring as yours
Old 04 January 2007, 08:34 PM
Onan The Barbarian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hear hear

You guys have done the little fella proud and I know you'll see he goes to a good home. I bet he can't believe his luck the day he walked up your drive
Old 04 January 2007, 09:20 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

He isn't a pitbull

HTH

Trending Topics

Old 04 January 2007, 09:22 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by D.K.1
He isn't a pitbull

HTH
Dunt matter - I can tell a devil-dog when I see one. It has its lipstick out on one of the pics.
Old 04 January 2007, 09:32 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Dunt matter - I can tell a devil-dog when I see one. It has its lipstick out on one of the pics.
Thats because he is snuzzled into Donna

Think i would be the same

Good work folks
Old 04 January 2007, 09:41 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

LOL, he's just dirrrrrrrty, not evil
Old 04 January 2007, 09:50 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Hope he goes to a good home, it's a shame he has to leave such a caring and loving environment.
Old 04 January 2007, 11:24 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Good luck to the cute dawg !
Old 04 January 2007, 11:30 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

If I didnt already have a loopy mutt in my house I'd look after Yoda in a heartbeat... hope you get a good ending to this story, god knows you all deserve it

Old 04 January 2007, 11:31 PM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

my offer still stands on help towards some costs...

Make sure goes to a good home.......... you've done your best and i'm sure its hard for you....
Old 05 January 2007, 12:27 AM
Jonno_johnson
Scooby Regular

Good luck with finding him a new home, he seems a lovely dog. If i didnt have a staffie already id love to take him, mines 11 years old now, great dogs.
Old 05 January 2007, 08:32 AM
///\oo/\\\
Scooby Regular

Location: Infractions - Scoobynet's version of the "scamera" van

No surprise you were checking out his ****, when the rest of us were admiring how well he looks now
Old 05 January 2007, 09:25 AM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Location: In a 405 BHP/360 ft/lb P1 with SN superstar Sonic dog at my side!

*sonic*

Firstly congrats on doing a wonderful job, you and Donna should be very proud.

I am very interested, My own Staffie (Billy) died last year at 14. I had him since a pup until my now ex wife decided she did not like him so my mum looked after him.

The current Mrs and i are both keen for a dog, but as above we are both out all day and did not consider it fair.

Nonetheless, bearing in mind your similiar situation, i would like to speak to you with a view to sorting something out .

I will speak to the Mrs later (show her this thread and the other one) and then give you a ring over the weekend if you could PM me your number.
Old 05 January 2007, 10:26 AM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

I am sure *Sonic* will PM you as soon as he gets access to the net today

But yes, speak to your MRS first, hopefully something can be sorted

I'm gonna miss him I wish we could keep him

Thanks everyone for your comments
Old 05 January 2007, 10:27 AM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ///\oo/\\\
No surprise you were checking out his ****, when the rest of us were admiring how well he looks now
It's a dog-wilf, there might be a piccy drawn of it by now
Old 05 January 2007, 10:37 AM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by D.K.1
I am sure *Sonic* will PM you as soon as he gets access to the net today

But yes, speak to your MRS first, hopefully something can be sorted

I'm gonna miss him I wish we could keep him

Thanks everyone for your comments
Thanks Donna, i have emailed the threads to the wife already
Old 05 January 2007, 10:43 AM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

LOL, he is a gorgeous dog, very lively though! He has bags of energy and personality, eats and drinks loads and craps for England

He does have *some* bad habits, but responds when told off, if you have a drink at a low level, his face is right in it, he's right to the table and tries to claw anything left on there off and will try the same in the kitchen. We don't let him do this, he just does it, but he gets told immediately and is learning. He is right in the bin at every oppertunity too - I don't know if thata has come from him being out roaming having to look for food. He's not naughty as such, more cheeky than anything He gives you *that look* with a wag of his tail He tries to jump on the furniture too, but we make him get off
Old 05 January 2007, 12:46 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

sounds like my dog she is right cheeky and she knows she's being mischievious i call her mischievous dog sometimes coz she is always up to something! i hope you can find him a good home he seems a lovely little dog
Old 06 January 2007, 02:25 PM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Woof Woof.

The Mrs and i are having a drive up north tomorrow to go and see 'lost dog' (and of course *sonic* and D.K.1)

Old 06 January 2007, 02:28 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by p1mark
Woof Woof.

The Mrs and i are having a drive up north tomorrow to go and see 'lost dog' (and of course *sonic* and D.K.1)

Take it steady on the way home mate, you don't want to traumatise the poor thing.
Old 06 January 2007, 03:15 PM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
Take it steady on the way home mate, you don't want to traumatise the poor thing.

Might take the lady's civic Not withstanding the fact lost dog has probably never done a sub 4 second 0-60 i dont fancy poo and wee on my back seats
Old 06 January 2007, 11:50 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

We're looking forward to meeting you and introducing you to the little fella

You will have to pick a proper name if you have him LOL, Lost dog just isn't right, but it's what the lad calls him Can't tell him otherwise hehe.

Big field nerby if you wish to take him for a walkies too

Oh, and he's very good travelling, we have had him in the boot of the laguna (parcel shelf removed!!!!) and he has been great, apart from a bit of whining etc he settled fine, so he must be used to going in cars, he jumps into the boot no problem too

Hope you like him
Old 07 January 2007, 10:33 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

My fingers are crossed for a happy ending
Old 07 January 2007, 11:17 AM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

I hope everything works out for the little fella
make sure you take good care of him and keep us updated or you'll have us lot to answer too
Old 07 January 2007, 05:10 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

I will let P1Mark tell you all the outcome and their opinion on the lovely lad

Lovely couple, pleasure to meet them too
Old 07 January 2007, 07:39 PM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Just back!!!

Well,

Within a few minutes of seeing lost dog i had fallen in love with him. He was very placid in the house after the initial excitement. No barking, jumping up etc......Just wanted his tummy tickling

When Corinna and i took him for a walk, I let him off the lead in an industrial estate and he was so well behaved - runs off in excitement but comes straight back to you the second you call him. Full of bounce and energy just as you would expect a young Staffie to be. Does not pull on the lead hardly at all,. Was great with Scooby and all the kids despite the odd bit of provocation with a toy car!

As *sonic* and D.K.1 say, i think he was well looked after before and not mis treated but just got lost or seperated from his owners.

The little guy really could not have wandered into better carer's than Steve and Donna. He has obviously been fantastically looked after, is a picture of health (but obviously still a little thin), and .....well.....you know, you can just tell when a dog is happy

Steve and Donna obviously think that we are of sufficient mental standing and capacity To look after him, So i am delighted to say that lost dog will shortly be moving. I really would not blame Steve and Donna if the shed a tear even after having him for a month. He really is beautiful and a great character.

The first thing the wife said to me in the car was "I don't want to leave without him "

Sadly i have a bit of DIY that i need to finish that may be a bit awkward to do with lost dog around, so it will be 2 or 3 weeks before they say goodbye to him .

We talked long and hard about a name in the car on the way back. We both wanted something different, i was not sure wether to ask the SN massive for suggestions etc........but in the end it boiled down to 2 and i think its only right......

SONIC rolls off the tongue a bit better than DEEKAY, and with lost dogs Subaru connections we have decided to call him SONIC.

I promise to put pics up and bump this every now and again to let everyone know how he is getting on

Once again many thanks to Steve and Donna, lovely people who should be very proud of what they have done. And i would like it known publically that despite me trying my hardest Steve would not acccept any money for lost dog, and it took bribes to the kids and a bit of underhandedness from me to leave some money to cover lost dogs running costs for the next few weeks.

Quick Reply: Think its time to find 'Lost Dog/Yoda Ears' a new home