paedo not sent to prison because they are full

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2007, 10:18 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paedo not sent to prison because they are full

did you see it on the news at ten on bbc

a paedo who was convicted and admitted downloading child **** hasnt been sent to prison because they are too full.

it turns the stumach of every decent man and women, yet a judge thinks its not worthy of a judicial sentence.
Old 25 January 2007, 10:19 PM
Manda_po
BANNED

He was making a political point.
Old 25 January 2007, 10:20 PM
Jonno_johnson
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate
did you see it on the news at ten on bbc

a paedo who was convicted and admitted downloading child **** hasnt been sent to prison because they are too full.

it turns the stumach of every decent man and women, yet a judge thinks its not worthy of a judicial sentence.
In this perverts case they should release someone from a minor conviction and jail this piece of **** instead.
Old 25 January 2007, 10:20 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

****hole country. Us not sendin people to jail will only spawn more criminals. If I was prime minsiter first thing Id do is build 3 more jails, and close borders and scrap benefits.
Old 25 January 2007, 10:30 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Manda_po
He was making a political point.
Judges are far from fools. So, in your considered view, will we see more Judges doing this?
Judges, who are supposedly apolitical.
They know the press, especially the "Popular Press", will pounce on such as this.
Is that their intent?
Old 25 January 2007, 10:42 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He was a Police Officer wasn't he?

Or a Detective?
Old 25 January 2007, 10:44 PM
Manda_po
BANNED

The ones who are drunk with power will do it to make a political point, believe me. It's been done before and it will be done agian. I work in the Criminal Justice System and I have seen even Lay magistrates letting the power get to their heads.
Old 25 January 2007, 11:01 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Manda_po
The ones who are drunk with power will do it to make a political point, believe me. It's been done before and it will be done agian. I work in the Criminal Justice System and I have seen even Lay magistrates letting the power get to their heads.
What's "drunk with power" got to do with it?
Maybe this Judge is trying to make the point that those who download pictures are directly responsible for child abuse, yet this failure of a Government and Home Secretary cannot provide adequate space in the prisons.
The sentence was a suspended prison one.
So, if the offender carries on, what happens?
If the prisons are still too full.
This is only one offender.
Old 25 January 2007, 11:06 PM
CharlesW
Scooby Regular

Angry

Hang on a minute. This is a judge, who is well respected in the community, just saying that he was mindful of what John Reid had said yesterday. Which was that due to the fact that the prisons are full, would judges consider not sending criminals to prison. New Labour have now had 10 years do something about prison capacity. After all it was Tony as shadow home secretary who said New Labour would be "tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime". Surely they knew they would have to build prisons.

As always New Labour talk the talk, but they won't walk the talk.
Old 25 January 2007, 11:09 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

He is doing what New Labour are telling him to do.

These are the consequences of their poor government over 10 years.

What's to work out here?
Old 25 January 2007, 11:51 PM
Curse of the Rushing Gimp
Scooby Regular

i'll tell you why all these old skool judges are so lax on paedos coz half of them have probably been catholic priests or choir masters in their time. they can sympathise with these sickos.
Old 26 January 2007, 07:14 AM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CharlesW
New Labour have now had 10 years do something about prison capacity. After all it was Tony as shadow home secretary who said New Labour would be "tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime". Surely they knew they would have to build prisons.

The Labour Party have built 17,000 more prison places than they inherited from the Tories. But they have locked up 19,000 more people. We jail about 50% more people per head of population than (say) the Germans. Doesn't sound soft to me.

There has been a shortage of prison places to some degree or an other for at least the last twenty years. The problems are:

1) Prisons are very expensive to build and insanely expensive to run.

2) They take much longer than most government building to put up (about seven years I believe).

3) It is very hard to find places to put them due to local protests.

M
Old 26 January 2007, 07:19 AM
gatty
Scooby Regular

build guantanimo bay style . cages are cheap !

these prisons will scare most offenders into not offening

it would me

the hotel type that we have is a **** take.
Old 26 January 2007, 08:56 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I understand that there are a lot of prisoners with severe mental health problems, not necessarily of their own making e.g. drug related. They don't deserve to be in prison as such but need, perhaps, other institutions to help them (whilst protecting society). But hey - who wants to be bothered with them? It's too easy for society to just "bang em up" when we should recognise that we have a duty of care to these people who have drawn the short straw in life. Off to hug a tree now
Old 26 January 2007, 09:01 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

If you make the penal regime too tough - like that at Guantánamo - you will likely find that you cannot secure conviction by jury. Just like a reintroduction of the death penalty: Knowing that the penalty is death, the jury is less likely to deliver a guilty verdict.
Old 26 January 2007, 09:59 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I could sympathise with the "17,000 more prison places built, 19,000 more prisoners locked up" argument, if it wasn't for the FACT that Reid asked the scruffy Scotch pension thief for money to extend prisons and build new ones, around three months ago.

That Jock b@stard saw him off, then, about THREE days later, sent £100 million to Afghanistan to help them rebuild

So...........no matter HOW long it takes to build prisons, THEY HAVE NO INTENTION OF DOING IT!!

Alcazar
Old 26 January 2007, 10:14 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
We jail about 50% more people per head of population than (say) the Germans. Doesn't sound soft to me.
That is because there is less crime in Germany, and less criminals, no matter what you all think of Germany and the Germans they are far more law abiding and respectful of other people and property than most in Britain.
Old 26 January 2007, 10:16 AM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
I could sympathise with the "17,000 more prison places built, 19,000 more prisoners locked up" argument, if it wasn't for the FACT that Reid asked the scruffy Scotch pension thief for money to extend prisons and build new ones, around three months ago.

That Jock b@stard saw him off, then, about THREE days later, sent £100 million to Afghanistan to help them rebuild

So...........no matter HOW long it takes to build prisons, THEY HAVE NO INTENTION OF DOING IT!!

Alcazar
Old 26 January 2007, 11:16 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
The Labour Party have built 17,000 more prison places than they inherited from the Tories. But they have locked up 19,000 more people. We jail about 50% more people per head of population than (say) the Germans. Doesn't sound soft to me.

There has been a shortage of prison places to some degree or an other for at least the last twenty years. The problems are:

1) Prisons are very expensive to build and insanely expensive to run.

2) They take much longer than most government building to put up (about seven years I believe).

3) It is very hard to find places to put them due to local protests.

M
This is complete claptrap Meridian. Firstly we jail more people per head of population becasue we have MORE CRIME, we actually jail 4 TIMES LESS people per crime than Spain for example.

The Labour Party knew perfectly well how many prison places would be needed, Home Office predictions consistently showed more places would be needed than were being built. The Labour Party did SFA about it.

To imprison 80000 people costs approx £2.6bn, this compares with £160bn on welfare payments, and £80 bn to run the NHS, and £11bn in membership fees to the EU.

Prisons can be built in 22 months

See
Burning our money: Another Month, Another Prison Capacity Crisis
Prisons
http://www.civitas.org.uk/data/prisonEU2000.htm
Old 26 January 2007, 11:20 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Maybe if they stopped jailing so many people for minor motoring offences, there would be plenty of space for paedos etc.
Old 26 January 2007, 11:28 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

This would be the same Home Office that said their budget for 2004-2005 was £27 trillion? (only about 1.5 times the entire planet's GDP).

His Tonyness and cronies have created more than 3000 new offences since coming to power in 1997. No bloody wonder the whole system is creaking!
Old 26 January 2007, 11:39 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

They need to free anyone convicted of white-collar crime and remove jail sentences for them as well. They are aren't a danger to society and there are plenty of things that could be done to punish them.
Old 26 January 2007, 12:02 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Curse of the Rushing Gimp
i'll tell you why all these old skool judges are so lax on paedos coz half of them have probably been catholic priests or choir masters in their time. they can sympathise with these sickos.
You should be ashamed of yourself for making a general assumption such as that.

If I was to post an assumption of your character based on what we see in your posts, you would soon be whining about it!

Les
Old 26 January 2007, 12:08 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Judges often get stick for lax sentencing decisions but in this case the guy was clearly trying to make a point. He would have sent the paedo to jail, but in view of recent advice from the Home Office about the jails being full he didn't. He wanted to, but was advised not to by John Reid.

It always confuses me, prisons are supposed to be an unattractive option - to partly act as a deterrant. So why don't we just go Brazilian/Russian style and start moving bunk beds back in to single cells? So what if the crims have a little less space, fvck them - they shouldn't have done the time.
Old 26 January 2007, 12:27 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

You've got to consider human rights.

Sadly.

When they wont publish the pictures of convicted escaped murderers because of infringement of rights ......
Also more motorists locked up than burglars ....... let them out create some room for real criminals.
This lot also bang up pensioners for non payment of council tax, there must be some room.
Old 26 January 2007, 03:26 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Jerome
Maybe if they stopped jailing so many people for minor motoring offences.
What like dangerous driving, death by dangerous driving, high reading drink drive, multiple driving whilst disqualified????

Truly, when was the last time you heard of someone being jailed ONLY for excessive speed, no insurance, no MOT etc?
Old 26 January 2007, 03:52 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
****hole country. Us not sendin people to jail will only spawn more criminals. If I was prime minsiter first thing Id do is build 3 more jails, and close borders and scrap benefits.
If YOU were PM, we'd all be bloody worried!!
Old 26 January 2007, 03:56 PM
mrs bootsy
Scooby Regular

dont get me started.
arrrrrrrr it gets me so angry,they should all have their dicks cut off and their hands cut off so they cant touch kids,oh and they should also have their eyes pulled out so they cant even look at kids.
dirty fooking... sorry ive got to stop writeing its getting me so angry.

or better still,kill them slowly
Old 26 January 2007, 03:57 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adidas
What like dangerous driving, death by dangerous driving, high reading drink drive, multiple driving whilst disqualified????

Truly, when was the last time you heard of someone being jailed ONLY for excessive speed, no insurance, no MOT etc?
Indeedy, people post on here about things that they clearly know NOTHING about.....

Just for the record, may I clarify the following:

1. Speeding, no insuarnce and no licence are all NON imprionable offences, so there is not a soul in jail for these offences.

2. The kind of motoring offenders who are sent to jail are NOT your middle class Daily Mail readers, jailed for doing 36mph in a 30 limit!! They are people convicted of dangerous driving, TWOC, driving whilst disqualified, causing death by dangerous driving etc etc.....

It makes me mad when I hear the right wing tabloids bleating on about all these innocent motorists languishing behind bars...this is so far from the truth its unreal. The 'motoring ' offenders locked up are your usual CHAVscum

And I know exactly what Im talking about (Im a solicitor with many years of experience of criminal litigation!)
Old 26 January 2007, 04:00 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
They need to free anyone convicted of white-collar crime and remove jail sentences for them as well. They are aren't a danger to society and there are plenty of things that could be done to punish them.
Do you have any idea what 'white collar crime is'??.....if so you wouldnt make the erroneous assumption that it is some kind of victimless crime.....

White collar criminals are usually involved in complex frauds/thefts, the victims of which tend to be, at the end of the line, the innocent public.

Quick Reply: paedo not sent to prison because they are full