Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

G.W.....but this might have been the start!

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2007, 05:29 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G.W.....but this might have been the start!

Ok,

We have been goin on about the global warming news, and wether it is here or goin to be here or whatever!

The fact is that during a an expanded period of our history, probably in a time before many of us on this forum were born, we were damaging this planet beyond belief.

Not many people complained like we might do nowadays but nevertheless the fact that there were ATMOSPHERIC Nuclear tests and then underground testing has left permanent scars around us.

A few sites and videos might light up some bulbs on how we damaged this planet back then.

Nuclear Test Sites | atomicarchive.com

YouTube - Starfish Prime Test Interim and Fishbowl Auroral Sequences

YouTube - Amazing! King Atomic Test Footage

Nuclear testing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - High-Altitude Nuclear Weapon Effects Part Two

Gallery of U.S. Nuclear Tests

Category:Nuclear test sites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 05 February 2007, 09:08 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

I wonder if any of these so called "scientists" actually put 1% of the energy and dedication it took into making these nukes, into the effects that nearly 3 decades of atmospheric testing did to the planet.

The ozone, the weather, the total amounts of fallout absorbed by the population......well anything would have been good!

Some of those high-altitude tests had the atmosphere over the Pacific performing Aurora Borealis for 20 mins at a time.......that must have made a dent somewhere!
Old 05 February 2007, 09:52 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Found a dent!

Image:US fallout exposure.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06 February 2007, 01:27 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Janspeed
I wonder if any of these so called "scientists" actually put 1% of the energy and dedication it took into making these nukes, into the effects that nearly 3 decades of atmospheric testing did to the planet.
Bloody hell Janspeed, you are a naive little soul aren't you

If the scientists had bothered doing any proper research into the after/side effects of their creations, they wouldn't have had thousands of squaddies stood by within sight of their test detonations with no protective equipment
When it comes down to it though, if consumer health, rather than corporate profit, was the driving force, we wouldn't have had DDT or Thalidomide and we probably wouldn't have Mad Cow Disease or CJD

It amazes me that given their track record on 'miracle cures', these people still can't comprehend why nobody trusts GM foods

TBH though, I do believe the development (and use) of the first nuclear weapons was a good thing, if they hadn't been used in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, there would be a hell of a lot more beautifully tended lawns containing row upon row of white crosses in this part of the world, and Arlington would have need a big extension
Old 06 February 2007, 02:16 AM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Ok! I'll buy it. We are all going to die in the future from the efects of Global Warming. I'll even buy the fact that we are to blame for it. By crikey I bet we were to blame for the last such event which occured 600,000 years ago. It was us humans and our polutants pouring from our factor............................................ ...............................................Hol d on there were no factories producing harmful gases,there were no cars producing noxious fumes there was no nuclear testing, I even have a feeling that smoking hadn't quite taken off as it would all those millenia into the future. So how could this previous episode of Eastmelters have occurred? See the Dinsaurs have all gone so we can't blame them. All we are really left with are some rather large bears, cats, Sloths and some very well endowed...........................in thee ear department, The Woolly Mammoth.Of course it must be the mammoths faults, they needed the wool to call themselves Woolly" So after the sheep had been removed of it's coat the Big Cats decided that the sheep were fit now only for food.So they dug millions of firepits to make the lamb have that nice smokey taste they liked so much. Sadly these fires along with all the animals eating the sheep and farted in unison caused a world changing even tin our whether system that eventually killed them out after 590,000 years give or take a day or two while some or the brightest tried to make a form of travel thatwould be quick enough to escape the on comming death cloud and the holy sun of sizzle.The trasport never came and still they died sadly they died without ever having revved the **** off the big diesel lump that is killing us so effectively.
This was coming anyway but now it comes and is running head on into the government bead counters. And once they're beans have been counted we are truly doomed whether we have to wear one less vest or not
Old 06 February 2007, 02:54 AM
haroldhettaturbo
Scooby Regular

magepester. Can i have some of what you are taking please