Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Air crash investigation

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2007, 08:42 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air crash investigation

New series, 9pm on National Geographic, double bill of tragedy and suffering, fantastic !
Old 05 February 2007, 08:44 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

great

ive watched the old lot 20 times now
Old 05 February 2007, 08:48 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't why I find it so fascinating. I mean so many people dying due to a airtraffic controller sneezing on his VDU and not clearing off the phlegm in time. Such a waste

I'm a sick f****r
Old 05 February 2007, 08:48 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

i get really engrossed when i watch ACI, its the only time i dont post on SN
Old 05 February 2007, 09:38 PM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

Love watching this stuff!
Old 05 February 2007, 09:40 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Love the look on your face when one day (God forbid ) you are the person in one of those Nat Geo programs!! LMAO
Old 05 February 2007, 09:43 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

it wasnt that good tonight ...could be because everyone was ok

that sounds awful
Old 05 February 2007, 09:44 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Watching it now.

Morbid fascination with this sort of stuff.

Makes a nice change for one to end with a happier ending.
Old 05 February 2007, 09:44 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

discovery etc should be made free in my opinion and all that ****e thats been in tonight should be binned . can you imagine how the nations iq will be improved.
Old 05 February 2007, 09:45 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares

that sounds awful

I know what you mean though.
Old 05 February 2007, 09:46 PM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Janspeed
Love the look on your face when one day (God forbid ) you are the person in one of those Nat Geo programs!! LMAO
Old 05 February 2007, 09:51 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot

I know what you mean though.
i had my defence all ready
Old 05 February 2007, 11:15 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

FFS, even I knew that he should have aborted and gone around. French men can't fly planes

Last Air France plane I needed to travel on had a heavy landing and damaged the wheel assembly on the landing gear. Thankfully that was not my particular flight, but I was the one stuck at departure gate for 3hours whilst AF engineers scratched their heads on the landing gear whilst they were waiting for new parts to be flown in to replace the damaged bits, so that I could be on my merry way

Nearly had an overshoot last summer when the pilot touched down a bit late, was still motoring when he took the last exit of the runway

Last edited by Shark Man; 05 February 2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06 February 2007, 09:21 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shark Man
FFS, even I knew that he should have aborted and gone around. French men can't fly planes

Last Air France plane I needed to travel on had a heavy landing and damaged the wheel assembly on the landing gear. Thankfully that was not my particular flight, but I was the one stuck at departure gate for 3hours whilst AF engineers scratched their heads on the landing gear whilst they were waiting for new parts to be flown in to replace the damaged bits, so that I could be on my merry way

Nearly had an overshoot last summer when the pilot touched down a bit late, was still motoring when he took the last exit of the runway
Maybe you'd have preferred to leave on a plane with a damaged undercarriage? The amount of posts, not just on here, that I read, where people are moaning about tech aircraft beggers belief. Its precisely for this reason that ACI isn't on daily, with live reports from crash scenes!

Some exits off runways are RET's ( Rapid Exit Turn offs ) and you're supposed to be "motoring" when you leave. Thats the whole idea.
Old 06 February 2007, 10:07 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Maybe you'd have preferred to leave on a plane with a damaged undercarriage? The amount of posts, not just on here, that I read, where people are moaning about tech aircraft beggers belief. Its precisely for this reason that ACI isn't on daily, with live reports from crash scenes!
Agreed.

Glad they found the tehcnical problem whilst it is on the ground rather than at 30,000 feet!

Whats that saying....."Would rather be a couple of hours late in this life than 40 years early in the next!"
Old 06 February 2007, 10:39 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Errr, wind your neck in boyo! I'm moaning about the previous pilots dodgy landing that caused the damage. Not the ground techs

Although, I know they carry spare wheels onbaord, I would have thought that ssing it was LHR; there would a nearby depot stocking the other damaged parts. Instead, they were flown in from Manchester. Probably a cost exercise; as the parts was probably flown in on another AF plane that was already scheduled to stop off at LHR: In otherwords a managment decision.

Some exits off runways are RET's ( Rapid Exit Turn offs ) and you're supposed to be "motoring" when you leave. Thats the whole idea.
I land at this airport on the same runway on a monthly basis, I assure this was not a normal "exit" of the runway

Last edited by Shark Man; 06 February 2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06 February 2007, 10:45 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Ah that explains something I've been wonderign about. I was flying from Kosice to Prague in a small turboprop last summer and within about a second of touching down on the runway, the pilot veered sharply to the left at pretty much the same speed he'd just landed at.

I do a fair bit of flying but have never experienced anything like that before, I was convinced we were about to go ploughing into something at high speed (well, you can't see forwards when you're sitting in the back).
Old 06 February 2007, 11:07 AM
The 13th Duke of Wybourne
Scooby Regular

that sounds awful

How stupid, insensitive and sick is that comment?

How would you like it if people made comments like that on certain threads of yours?
Old 06 February 2007, 11:20 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

I think the sentiment was that the damage should not have been caused in the first place (thus necessitating the repair) rather than the time spent on the repair itself..

I really like this program too, but need to wait until a Freeview channel shows it (normally five).
Old 06 February 2007, 11:39 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The 13th Duke of Wybourne
How stupid, insensitive and sick is that comment?

How would you like it if people made comments like that on certain threads of yours?

FFS you sad little man, have you make it your purpose in life to rip into anything i say?

if my comment was unacceptable then you must think the same about the other posts in this thread........... but you are not man enough to do the same to a bloke are you? i notice you don't speak to the male posters the way you speak to me...

and in answer to you question about how would i feel if comments were made on certain threads of mine? do you mean my cancer thread?
i don't understand the comparison
Old 06 February 2007, 11:45 AM
Scooby Regular

FFS you sad little man, have you make it your purpose in life to rip into anything i say?

if my comment was unacceptable then you must think the same about the other posts in this thread........... but you are not man enough to do the same to a bloke are you? i notice you don't speak to the male posters the way you speak to me...

and in answer to you question about how would i feel if comments were made on certain threads of mine? do you mean my cancer thread?
i don't understand the comparison
That's a very aggressive reply sara

Your comment was extremely insensitive to those that may have lost sons, daughters, wives, husbands, other family etc in such accidents. Effectively you're saying: "The programme had no entertainment value for me because nobody died".

That's very sick
Old 06 February 2007, 11:58 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

That's a very aggressive reply sara

Your comment was extremely insensitive to those that may have lost sons, daughters, wives, husbands, other family etc in such accidents. Effectively you're saying: "The programme had no entertainment value for me because nobody died".

That's very sick
i said nothing of the sort

will you get off your high horse?!

ACI isn't a snuff movie where people die to make good tv. the show is based on previous accidents played out by actors, so what is the harm in enjoying watching it?

i said maybe i didn't enjoy the programme because everyone was ok. i didn't mention death.

I don't watch trauma on BBC3 so i can see all the patients with happy faces.....

why havnt you pulled anyone else up for insensitive comments?.....

Last edited by sarasquares; 06 February 2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06 February 2007, 12:06 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

What bait do you use, Duke?
Old 06 February 2007, 12:09 PM
Scooby Regular

the show is based on previous accidents played out by actors, so what is the harm in enjoying watching it?
There's no harm in watching it at all. But I think that comment shows you're having trouble distinguishing reality from fiction

i said maybe i didn't enjoy the programme because everyone was ok. i didn't mention death.
So what else could you have possibly meant?

why havnt you pulled anyone else up for insensitive comments?.....
As far as I can tell you were the only one that implied the programme lost some of its entertainment value because no-one died. I didn't notice anyone else making that sort of comment, but if they did I would condemn that equally
Old 06 February 2007, 12:13 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Ali, he is not baiting me he is seriously deluded

watching people die is boring i like to see their remarkable escapes and watch them overcome everything bla bla bla.

so i made a comment no one else did and that makes it worse?

grow up and grow some *****!
Old 06 February 2007, 12:14 PM
Scooby Regular

Old 06 February 2007, 12:15 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

i get it, you are going to make out you was just baiting me and succeeded in winding me up.............you are sadder than i thought

and i am not all would up i am happy to see that you have made a big fat tit of yourself, again!
Old 06 February 2007, 12:17 PM
Scooby Regular

i get it, you are going to make out you was just baiting me and succeeded in winding me up.............you are sadder than i thought

and i am not all would up i am happy to see that you have made a big fat tit of yourself!
Not at all, I'm laughing at your inability to construct a reasonable argument without getting offensive and resorting to childish insults
Old 06 February 2007, 12:26 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Not at all, I'm laughing at your inability to construct a reasonable argument without getting offensive and resorting to childish insults
i think my argument has been well constructed and is a productive one, unlike yours, which is based on misquotes and your own insecurities.

if you feel i have been offensive towards you, then you understand my feelings towards you perfectly

if you don't like my offensive manner then keep away from me, simple

Quick Reply: Air crash investigation