Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I'm saving the planet

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2007, 06:28 AM
slicksterjam
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm saving the planet

Watching the news e.g Rio carnival and the concert organised to save the planet. Why am I turning off all my appliances which are on standby overnight when our own governments answer to global pollution is to join in an event which will involve the transportation of tons of equipment the migration of millions of people and the consumption of mega amounts of electricity (people viewing etc.) Oh yeah they will earn loads of revenue from it.
I am no killjoy or a hippie but I think our worldwide governments are giving out the wrong signals and I agree with alot of people on this board who dismiss the green issue as one big moneymaking scam.
Old 20 February 2007, 08:39 AM
bonerp
Scooby Regular

LIVE 07! How much power will that use to amplify speakers, provide tv coverage, get all the bands and equipment there (using planes!!!!!)???? And its to raise awareness - or put a bigger hole in the atmosphere?!?!?

Its about time the world sat up and realised something needs doing NOW! Yes I drive a not too economical car - at least its not a chelsea tractor, but I also have low energy bulbs, don't have all the lights on in the house, try to ensure I split my waste as best I can for recycling, cook economically, and do whatever else I can to minimise my carbon footprint. To be honest if I could do more I would! Cos no other bugger around me seems to bother too much!

When you watch some of the recent programmes like the one on last night on BBC2, it makes you think - especially when they reckon in less than 60 years the world will be bankrupt thro global warming! My little girl is 4. It f00king scares me thinking about her life and her kids lives.

Paul

Last edited by bonerp; 20 February 2007 at 08:41 AM.
Old 20 February 2007, 08:44 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

If watching a politically motivated BBC ranting makes you think anything other than "what a load of tosh" then there's a serious problem... Biased trash unworthy of tv time...
Piffle.
Old 20 February 2007, 09:09 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

I do heed the criticisms about the concerts. However, the way i'm looking at it is that the power used to stage them will be more than offset by the reduction in usage from continuing global exposure of the problem.

After all, many people do keep asking "why only us" in the face of the huge increases in power consumption in China, India etc so you can't have it both ways. If these events make even some of the people in those countries take more notice then surely it will have been worth it?
Old 20 February 2007, 09:21 AM
51st state
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
If watching a politically motivated BBC ranting makes you think anything other than "what a load of tosh" then there's a serious problem... Biased trash unworthy of tv time...
Piffle.

exactly
any scientist who doesn't agree with the global warming issue being us, is ridiculed? why,
i have a couple of questions
if there was no change to the earth, we would still have t-rex running wild??
or a thriving inca population?
the other thing nobody seems to mention is the fact that there are too many people!!, draining its natural resources,
we dry seasons, famine, and desease to lower the natural population to were the land can again support the people, cruel yes!!, but nature!!!

did anyone see a programme on the ice breakers at the poles??
they are ther to keep the lanes open for ships to dump nuclear waste at the arctic pole!!!!!, i wonder if this could be melting anything,?
Old 20 February 2007, 09:31 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 51st state
any scientist who doesn't agree with the global warming issue being us, is ridiculed? why,
Sorry?? Would you like to provide one single example of this "riducule"? Just one will do for now.

if there was no change to the earth, we would still have t-rex running wild??
or a thriving inca population?
Er no, but that's got exactly what to do with anything?

the other thing nobody seems to mention is the fact that there are too many people!!, draining its natural resources,
we dry seasons, famine, and desease to lower the natural population to were the land can again support the people, cruel yes!!, but nature!!!
More soundbytes. Do you actually understand what the concerns of the global warming lobby are? I'm betting good money you don't understand the issues at all.

did anyone see a programme on the ice breakers at the poles??
they are ther to keep the lanes open for ships to dump nuclear waste at the arctic pole!!!!!, i wonder if this could be melting anything,?
And a bit of conspiracy theory to round it off. Nice.
Old 20 February 2007, 02:10 PM
bonerp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Sorry?? Would you like to provide one single example of this "riducule"? Just one will do for now.

Er no, but that's got exactly what to do with anything?

More soundbytes. Do you actually understand what the concerns of the global warming lobby are? I'm betting good money you don't understand the issues at all.

And a bit of conspiracy theory to round it off. Nice.
I couldn't even be arsed to reply!