Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Notice on renting

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2007, 01:17 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Notice on renting

My g/f is renting at the moment and her lease expires at the beginning of April. If she vacates does she need to give notice or anything?

The lease doesn't appear to state any notice periods ...
Old 09 March 2007, 01:35 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

It would be only fair to let the landlord know asap as he/she would like to get an other tennent I presume? I thought most leases were an month's notice after the 1st 6 months rental?
Old 09 March 2007, 02:19 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

No, she doesn't have to give any notice.

Landlord is stupid if he doesn't ask or arrange anything. If anyone is in there one day after the lease expires he could have an absolute nightmare to remove them.
Old 09 March 2007, 07:19 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

he's a bit absent as far as landlords go. We have spoken to him so he knows we may not be renewing the lease as we are buying, assuming all goes to plan of course.
Old 09 March 2007, 07:57 PM
C_B_B
Scooby Regular

There should be a clause in the lease somewhere that sets out the notice that has to be given by both sides, 2 months from the landlord and if the rent is paid monthly one month from the tenant. I did see a 6 month AST at the end of last year which held the tenant to a 3 month notice period!
Old 12 April 2007, 02:30 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the above.

A couple of questions have been raised. I've advised she gets someone to check the lease over as the landlord has written advising the following:

1. We have the pay for the outgoing inventory.

I'm confused by this as he advised he is arranging it but we have to pay. If it's my money I want to be there and I've not been asked when it's good for me to attend.

2. He'll only refund the deposit once we have written confirmation from all the utility companies that the bills have been paid.

Again these are personal charges not property charges so would not effect him either way. It's not normal to get a receipt of a utility company saying the account is paid in full.

Time will tell but any input on the above would be good.

Cheers.
Old 12 April 2007, 03:22 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by MattN
Thanks for the above.

A couple of questions have been raised. I've advised she gets someone to check the lease over as the landlord has written advising the following:

1. We have the pay for the outgoing inventory.

I'm confused by this as he advised he is arranging it but we have to pay. If it's my money I want to be there and I've not been asked when it's good for me to attend.

2. He'll only refund the deposit once we have written confirmation from all the utility companies that the bills have been paid.

Again these are personal charges not property charges so would not effect him either way. It's not normal to get a receipt of a utility company saying the account is paid in full.

Time will tell but any input on the above would be good.

Cheers.
What?? you have to pay to make sure nothing has been taken/removed? sorry but that's not the normal course of events...... and I agree what the **** has your electric and gas bill got to do with him/his flat??

What a strange man