Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Useless ISP! BT no better, and don't even mention !!!

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2007, 10:54 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Useless ISP! BT no better, and don't even mention !!!

Well after 27 days of no internet, i,m back online

You may recall, i was looking for a MAc code from my ISP, so i rang them and enquired for one....

In the space of one minute, i was asked 3 times, what the purpose of the call was (ffs, wasnt it that clear!!!) and by the same operator to boot!!!

Well not only didnt i get a MAc code, i also got a lecture on my internet usage, funny how they managed to double what i had downloaded, despite me having the stats to refer to!! Anyway the operator told me the code would be emailed to me within 5 days....... fair enough.......

That was just the start!!!

Saturday......request mac code....

heard nothing.......

Monday.....ditto

Tuesday.... ditto.... but no email....or web....hmmm
so i phoned my isp, to find out what the fault was......... erm you no longer have an account sir, you requested cancellation on saturday!!

Erm no, i requested a mac code, well they couldnt help so i had to call the next day...

Wednesday.... spoke to the connections team...... who said i had asked for a cancellation, untill they looked at the call log, and then confirmed it was a mac code i had requested.... but they couldnt do anything as the disconnect code had gonr to BT... but its your mistake i told them, yes they agreed it was but they couldnt (wouldnt) do anything to stop the disconnection and to add insult to injury i couldnt have a mac code!!!

So i rang an alternate ISP to start things going no they couldnt help, but gave me a way round the issue

So i rang BT and put plan B into action.... except bt's offshored arm ar'nt on the ball either, and managed to **** things up a treat too goodbye 1571 and i was now paying for calls i dont want or need

And talk talk just about put the icing on the cake too!!!

i pay the bill, but the account is in my wifes name, so we wanted it changed to my name, easy???? no its not. after there offshored arm assured me it was a piece of ****, i sat back and waited for the transfer forms to arrive! except i got told we had cancelled the account by now i was not a happy bunny by any means and a phone call ensued. one and a half hours later, and having been transferred to 8 different operators, including mobile disconnections!!!! i finally got some sense from an operator, who told me they it was there mistake, and they would fast track things through to get it right......

yea right one week later, we get a letter welcoming

my wife back to talk talk

by now i was ready to call it a day, the upgrade to broadband with my new isp handnt happened, and i was really pi**ed off.... so we had to start again with BT....

anyway after a weekend of calls, a super woman in BT,s wholsale broadband dept, confirmed my new isp had placed the order, and it would be up and running bt the 21st........ but its back tonight

oh and I didnt need to install my new isp.s own SW to get on, i got them to set up the account stuff before hand.

so lets see what happens now?

mart
Old 17 March 2007, 11:32 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BT are a shambles mate, regardless of how good or crap the ISP is, they are only as good as the hand that feeds them, unfortunately this hand is BT's.

I am with Zen ADSL and I have to say they are probably the best ISP bar none I have used (and I have tried a fair few). They guys and girls over there really know what they are talking about and will always sort out your issues.

They have introduced caps which is a pain but still you get the same great service. I upgraded to an 8mbit service, and then moved my service from one house to another - I had a heap of problems, all thanks to BT being so useless I could have had more luck asking a mechanic to sort my ADSL line out.

Thankfully Zen helped out and I finally got my ADSL line sorted.

Until BT let go of the stranglehold they have on the DSL market we will always have a heap of problems. They have offshored most of their business so you get an even more useless service than it already was.