Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Half Ton Hospital! OMFG!

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2007, 09:29 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half Ton Hospital! OMFG!

I recorded Life On Mars in favour of Half Ton Hospital on ITV1 as I love to look at lifes freaks. It makes me feel good about myself

This hospital in New York deal with the extreme cases of the morbidly obese... 20 stone chunks didn't really cut it in this wobbly world...

The hospital were criticized for their unconventional methods (of low calorie dieting and excercise coupled with counselling) WTF surely thats the conventional method? Stomach stapling wasnt around in the good old days ya know!!

One chap, was 34 years old and a meagre 55 stone... He had lived on his bed for 4 years in this hospital, eating, festering and expanding until at the end of last nights show he spent time in intensive care as he could no longer breathe for himself. At this point he has decided he needs to lose some weight!!

Seriously, I appreciate that this is a mental condition which is difficult to overcome, but what astounds me more than anything is how much punishment the human body can take!!

I went to my docs and I am a poo over 13 stone, have a BMI of 28.7, and cholesterol at 7. He says I am at risk of diabetes, heart disease etc even though I excercise properly more than 3 times a week (not including sex - alone or with someone )... These guys are 30 - 60 stone, Fat mass of over 60% so they cant even walk and their doctors are telling them exactly the same thing!!!

A very interesting programme... Comments on the show or just on the morbidly obese are welcome!!
Old 21 March 2007, 09:32 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

The growth on that guys leg was nearly bigger than me

Only saw the last 15 minutes but utterly amazing...took the obesity thing to new levels when you look on the other side of the pond

Astonishing !!
Old 21 March 2007, 09:36 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It amazes me ...... that bloke could not get out of bed, could not walk, could not move basically .. and the doctor just sits there and says, "He simply keeps eating"

WELL, WHO THE HELL BRINGS HIM HIS FOOD?????!!!!!

Stick a drip up his **** where he cannot reach it and don't visit him with food at all - then he will either lose weight or get his *** out of bed!!

Now, don't get me wrong, I am one big fat blob too ...... but, I can move off my bed.
Old 21 March 2007, 09:42 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

WELL, WHO THE HELL BRINGS HIM HIS FOOD?????!!!!!
The guy who runs the 'rehab' programme allows them to order Chinese take-aways as he says he's tried to s[top them but it hasn't worked

Best thing they could do to 'leg man' would be to amputate.... it would loose him 20 stone immediately

Still can't get the vision of that leg (like a small walrus in size and texture!!!) out my head
Old 21 March 2007, 10:07 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Yeah that guys leg was like something off Total Recall "I vant to go to Mars"
Amputation would have to be the solution to that problem... It was just getting bigger and more walrus like by the day

As for the sneaking in of Chinese food etc... Unbelievable... I'd crane their asses outta my hospital if it was me... That manager guy was being to charitable and not objective enough...
Old 21 March 2007, 10:23 AM
amazinggrace
Super Muppet

Location: Little Green Men, come from Mars, look they've stolen all my bra'''''s'''''!'''''''

I saw the leg 'thing' at the end of the program. He needs that thing off, then maybe he could do some exercise and lose some weight.
Old 21 March 2007, 10:29 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Saw some of this last night, quite amazing really how far somethings can get.

I kept falling asleep and at one point woke up staring at that blokes growth on his leg. Not exactly what you would like to wake up to!
Old 21 March 2007, 01:18 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is amazing how they get the food considering they cant move, why does noone say no to them for their own good, I on the other hand can go and get my own !

Doctors tell everyone they are overweight and will die before they get home, if you smoke, are overweight and drink they tell you you wont get out of the surgery without keeling over.
Old 21 March 2007, 02:03 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

[quote=pslewis;6767224]It amazes me ...... that bloke could not get out of bed, could not walk, could not move basically .. and the doctor just sits there and says, "He simply keeps eating"quote]

You mean Dennis;
GMTV - Half Ton Hospital

GMTV - Half Ton Hospital

He can't even breathe without medical support.
Old 21 March 2007, 02:39 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

I reckon the NHS would have kicked him out. This was the US though and i bet his health insurance is having to pay for the 4 year stay.

"He doesn't realise his weight is causing him health issues"

WHAT???? Fat git can't5 get out of bed AT WHAT POINT DO YOU REALISE!!! Personally i reckon the point at which you can't see your feet/the old chap and/or can't wipe your own @rse is a bleedin huge clue!!!

I was astounded.

5t.
Old 21 March 2007, 02:43 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

"He doesn't realise his weight is causing him health issues"
The boy in question wasn't the full shilling in the first place though....he should have been in another kind of institution IMHO
Old 21 March 2007, 02:51 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

i watched it too omg 55 stone and he's only 34!!!
Old 21 March 2007, 02:53 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

i reckon hes on a winner the boss at that hosp , that one that was in there 4 years and all the medical costs the hosp is chargin his insureers, then thry let him havea take away, guess what he puts weight on and has to stay in longer.
Old 21 March 2007, 02:54 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

i reckon hes on a winner the boss at that hosp , that one that was in there 4 years and all the medical costs the hosp is chargin his insureers, then thry let him havea take away, guess what he puts weight on and has to stay in longer.
My thoughts exactly
Old 21 March 2007, 08:01 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
Personally i reckon the point at which you can't see your feet/the old chap and/or can't wipe your own @rse is a bleedin huge clue!!!
And I'm assuming he gets some kind of nursing assistance??

I could not do that!